Postgame Thoughts… FSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… FSU

The product overall seems very mediocre. Tenn lost to Vanderbilt tonight.

I've tried watching more college games of other teams this year (or trying to, anyway ...), and I have to be honest. I don't know who anybody is on anyone's team. I don't think the quality of basketball is even as good as it was 5 years ago.

I find the NBA more watchable, just because of the skill level of the players.

I know I'm joining the chorus (although I was early), but man - Maliq. Holy moly.
It doesn't show up in the box score - it's HOW and WHERE he gets rebounds, and saves things, and creates issues for other teams to score.
I can't recall a player like him - not like we haven't had one, but rather I haven't seen it in HD...
Similar to Louis Orr bit less scoring at this point.

I've tried watching more college games of other teams this year (or trying to, anyway ...), and I have to be honest. I don't know who anybody is on anyone's team. I don't think the quality of basketball is even as good as it was 5 years ago.

It is what it is, and is not going to get any better. Wait until the NCAA allows multiple transfers without sitting.

Really great start. Then the next 20-25’ were absolutely brutal. Then a solid close.

Girard led the scoring in the first and played very well, and then Judah really stepped up and played great down the stretch in the 2nd.

Jesse was…. off in the first half. It’s really odd at times. Glad he got it together.
Jessy is shy when he just met new people.

Our Guards carried us in the 2nd half. I know he finally got some rebounds, but am I the only one who was wondering why they didn't bring in Taylor for an ice-cold Bell much earlier?

If the ball bounces our way we could have wins over Bryant, Johnnies, Miami, NC and Virginia. That would give us twenty wins already. We won some close games too, but this season is close to being pretty good.
Yeah even with those losses and without a marquee win its arguably our best ACC regular season since 2014.

We should have won this game going away.

Jesse is so frustrating to watch when he tip toes to the basket. He needs to get some of Judah's aggressiveness. For a big guy, he plays hesitant too much of the time.
I wonder if some of his soft play to the basket is a result of JB impressing on him that we need him to finish the game.

Glad to see Joe have a solid game and Judah putting it together the second half.

Judah is a great talent. I just hope he stays another year but I'm betting he at least dips his toe in the water to see where he might get picked.

FSU is probably the worst coached team we have played all year long. They had 1 player that looked like he played organized basketball before. Hamilton has done a terrible job of coaching that team this year.
i wonder what hamilton's excuse this year is?

i guess in this era sustained success is difficult...get good players and they leave early.

Glad we know your preferences. I can sleep now. go to the nba thread. I don’t care what others want to watch. The nba is very boring to me and i couldn’t tell you who is a good team or not, but if it’s what you or others like have at it. This is the game day thread of SU vs FSU, so I’d love to hear your take on the game

Bell was phenomenal, whether he knocks it down or not. Great team effort in the second half.

Yeah even with those losses and without a marquee win it’s arguably our best ACC regular season since 2014.
We were 9-7 in the season nobody saw with 3 wins over tournament teams in 8th seeded UNC, 16th ranked Virginia Tech, and 7th seeded Clemson. This team has a long way to go to match that.

Bell was phenomenal, whether he knocks it down or not. Great team effort in the second half.

Yeah I’m not gonna crush Bell just because he missed shots. I thought he had a solid game, the ball just wasn’t going into the basket for him. He’s shown he can hit those looks when he gets them, so I don’t begrudge him for taking them. Shooters shoot.

Jim was great. He really is a brilliant coach. It was good to see him do so well tonight. Im happy for him, the team, Admins and his family.
Well done coach.
What did he do tonight that was brilliant?

If not for Joe going off today, Cuse loses this game. Not sure how Bell misses that many wide open shots..
If my Aunt had a dingy she'd be my Uncle.

If not for Joe going off today, Cuse loses this game. Not sure how Bell misses that many wide open shots..

I knew he was going to go Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom