Postgame Thoughts… GT | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… GT

I agree that Joe played well but I scratch my head why at the end of regulation and again near the end of OT JB put Symir in the game but he never touched the ball. I know everyone says he can not hit free throws but why is he in the game?

Better defense on the perimeter, to cover a 3 point shooter.

I agree that Joe played well but I scratch my head why at the end of regulation and again near the end of OT JB put Symir in the game but he never touched the ball. I know everyone says he can not hit free throws but why is he in the game?

Well, he does shoot 90% from the line, and they were likely to be fouling him...

Other than nys are there any other states that require mask at sporting events?

I don’t know about this very moment but when JB made that comment last week I checked several of the ACC teams and they all had the same protocols as us. I posted it but don’t remember which teams I checked.

Well, he does shoot 90% from the line, and they were likely to be fouling him...
I was not suggesting he replace Joe, because he didn't. They pulled Bourama and put in Symir. He may be good on defending 3 pt shot but who is going to rebound?

Weird stat of the game is that we had 3 guys with 10+ rebounds yet were out rebounded by 9. That shows you how many shots both teams took and missed. Crazy. Fortunately Frank went strong in the 2nd half getting 10 rebounds after goose eggs across the board in the 1st half. Sids 5 in 16 mins were huge too.

We mostly played like crap on offense. But sometimes you get a break and get lucky.
On that last shot by GT, Buddy's defense was laughable but Devoe just missed the open shot. Whew.

Absolute ugly grind fest. And we won! I’ll take that every time.

For whatever reason, Jimmy Boeheim’s spin move in the lane back to the left hand, which at time really sets up in an advantage against the defender, to only still try to finish with the right hand no matter what, IS MY biggest pet peeve in college basketball this season. Not only because of it’s extreme ineffectiveness… but it just doesn’t make logical sense. The bro shoots THREE POINTERS (quite well) LEFT HANDED but can’t finish a left handed layup?! Make it make sense people!
ryan reynolds hd GIF

P.S. I never expected in my entire life to see a youngish head basketball coach with 70’s style sideburns passionately holding up a large red card to motivate & communicate to his defense in a division 1 basketball game… but I have tonight. Silly me. Thanks to Josh Pastner for that gem

Jim was such a condescending arse in his post game.
He told a (student I believe) reporter when he asked “can you tell me about frank and bourama and the center position?” In which Jim replies “we have two centers that will play ...
Then he follows it up with “will there be any change to the starting lineup?”
Jim replies with “please. Please. Please. Do not play that game with me”

Take the winning aside, I do not know who could honestly respect this dude for how he talks to people when they were just doing their job.

He also took a nice jab at the fans saying they were asleep for 34 minutes. Yeah maybe because the game stunk and your son was 0-19 from the field. The fans are why you make $3m a year Jim. He has some serious issues that are very strange

He told a (student I believe) reporter when he asked “can you tell me about frank and bourama and the center position?” In which Jim replies “we have two centers that will play ...

Take the winning aside, I do not know who could honestly respect this dude for how he talks to people when they were just doing their job.

He also took a nice jab at the fans saying they were asleep for 34 minutes. Yeah maybe because the game stunk and your son was 0-19 from the field. The fans are why you make $3m a year Jim. He has some serious issues that are very strange
He reminds me of most nearly 80 year olds I know. Set in their ways and willing to say stuff they shouldn’t. He’s not enjoying it and sbould
Just hang it up when the kids leave

Absolute ugly grind fest. And we won! I’ll take that every time.

For whatever reason, Jimmy Boeheim’s spin move in the lane back to the left hand, which at time really sets up in an advantage against the defender, to only still try to finish with the right hand no matter what, IS MY biggest pet peeve in college basketball this season. Not only because of it’s extreme ineffectiveness… but it just doesn’t make logical sense. The bro shoots THREE POINTERS (quite well) LEFT HANDED but can’t finish a left handed layup?! Make it make sense people!
ryan reynolds hd GIF

P.S. I never expected in my entire life to see a youngish head basketball coach with 70’s style sideburns passionately holding up a large red card to motivate & communicate to his defense in a division 1 basketball game… but I have tonight. Silly me. Thanks to Josh Pastner for that gem
Josh does a mean Elvis at Karaoke

I was not suggesting he replace Joe, because he didn't. They pulled Bourama and put in Symir. He may be good on defending 3 pt shot but who is going to rebound?

Fair point. I realized afterwards that you were talking about Symir more than Joe. I think I replied to that point later on in the thread, and I suggested it was to have a bit better perimeter defense against 3s.

He reminds me of most nearly 80 year olds I know. Set in their ways and willing to say stuff they shouldn’t. He’s not enjoying it and sbould
Just hang it up when the kids leave
I so look forward to his press conferences. They are great theater.

Weird stat of the game is that we had 3 guys with 10+ rebounds yet were out rebounded by 9. That shows you how many shots both teams took and missed. Crazy. Fortunately Frank went strong in the 2nd half getting 10 rebounds after goose eggs across the board in the 1st half. Sids 5 in 16 mins were huge too.

Our bigs really did play big today. They competed on the boards, and got a lot of important ones.

We also gave up a ton of rebounds in the first 6-8 mins of the game that still count but kind of skew that stat a bit. Ga Tech beat us on the boards, no question, but felt like we played a bit more even in that regard the last 37 mins or so (OT included).

That presser was more than fine. He had a smile on his face most of the time including with that question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom