Postgame Thoughts… Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Starting this early (a few minutes left). Nice to say that knowing a win is a guarantee.

Key is to get around 90 points. Another very efficient outing.

Jesse was, again, fantastic. Love watching him. And Buddy and Joe each had some hot streaks shooting.

Hope Benny can get something going the last few minutes.

I don’t know how Louisville has been playing, but yikes.

Great effort overall from our team and nice being back over .500.

Very impressive. Held them to the 50”s before emptying the bench.

If JB stuck with the main 8 this is 105 - 58 finish

The Joe and Jesse pick and roll could be scary next season with a shooter and a couple athletes around them
It could be even scarier with Mintz running it. He could turn the corner and put up one of those little lobs for Jesse pretty easily. Or, get to the rim himself. Or kick it. Joe's options are to fade and draw Jesse's guy enough to get him the open lane or dish it. Either way, Jesse is a weapon.

Jesse please don't leave, Joe where have you been, Buddy Steady Eddie, Jimmy Channelin Bill Bradley, Cole Found his shots arc. Love me some Frank, Symir with the 3, Benny next year's Jesse

This game was dominant but it also was representative with how this team can win every game left. Let me emphasize "can" not will.

Jesse is an elite ACC big. You have a weapon that you must play through. No matter how good Buddy is, you play through Jesse. Outside of Duke with Williams not sure anyone can play him straight up right now.

So you force teams to over help or double him. It becomes a really simple game now because you can play Buddy, Cole or Joe off of that for an open jumper.

On defense, you let some bunnies go vs blocking them all. Have discipline. The offense keeps game pressure on the opponent.

So the formula is there. Mind you Buddy is making some semi tough shots still, which is part of his game. The rest of the team is shooting wheelhouse shots that are high pct for them except the two or three Joe G heaves.

The last 3 games are what we needed to be doing all year long.

WHY DOES BOEHEIM HATE DONNA SO MUCH?!!!

I will never understand after a great win why Boeheim is the most miserable SOB on the entire planet to Donna. She loves this team and is always fair. He’s such an enigma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom