Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor isn’t going to be ready as a freshman for more than a minor bench role. I wouldn’t count on him. The staff needs to mine the portal for talent—and hope Jessie doesn’t leave.

The problem is that if you push Swider out, you have to get someone better than him, and I think he would be pretty good without Jimmy and Buddy around. We already have 11 for next year. Who else are we going to bring in?

We won’t be close to a bubble team next year without a few impact transfers.
We will schedule 7 cupcakes, Georgetown, Big Ten and 2 in Empire Classic in NY.

If we go 7-4 at worst in nonconference all we need is 11-9 in ACC and are on the bubble.
JB will schedule to get that team wins.

I don’t see a great roster but expecting JB to switch up his roster management is pure hope and unless he admitted he was wrong on playing certain players too much it won’t happen. He would get those questions and would go off.

The problem is that if you push Swider out, you have to get someone better than him, and I think he would be pretty good without Jimmy and Buddy around. We already have 11 for next year. Who else are we going to bring in?
Gerami Jrant.

At the end of the day, this teams problems are almost all due to the lack of athleticism at the forward positions.

The rest of the issues can be overcome.

I don't honestly think Swider has been a big problem. He gets his rebounds. He seems to be finally getting his confidence on offense.

If you were Benny why would you come back?
To start, play in the Dome, wear the scripts, be a big deal on one of the few campus’s who still cares about college hoops and eat good pizza.

At the end of the day, this teams problems are almost all due to the lack of athleticism at the forward positions.

The rest of the issues can be overcome.
100 percent. And losing the backup PG from last season. I made that point in another post responding to you earlier, but it looks like it got deleted for some reason. The lack of athletic wings who are good on both offense AND defense is killing us.

We’re going to need a Bunch… of scoring

I don't think he's going to get his 3 point shot off that easy in college.
I think the PF, Maliq Brown, is more likely to see time, because he has what we need.
He could be a Tyler Roberson type for us next year, which we will really need.
He and Copeland are the 2 incoming guys we need the most to have a well balanced team.

I don't think he's going to get his 3 point shot off that easy in college.
I think the PF, Maliq Brown, is more likely to see time, because he has what we need.
He could be a Tyler Roberson type for us next year, which we will really need.
He and Copeland are the 2 incoming guys we need the most to have a well balanced team.
I know very little about next year’s recruits.

That’s fine.

Sadly, he’s the biggest problem. This is his team. He recruited it. And he’s coaching it.

Heartbreaking because he is Syracuse b-ball to me. But holy crap, we’re playing bad basketball.I really hate that statement. No coach in any sport at any time in history has been so important to me that I consider them to be the program/franchise. I don’t watch sports for the coaches. No matter how legendary, there’s a transition and an adjustment, but you just go on, cheering for ‘the laundry.’

I really hate that statement. I understand your sentiment, but I just can’t get there.

Auerback, Knoll, Wooden, Landry, Martin, Smith, Bryant, Jackson, Riley, Walsh, Gibbs, Parcells, Madden, Rockne, Calhoun, Johnson….

JB is connected to Syracuse basketball, and his dedication and contributions—not matter how you felt about his talents and personality—can’t be dismissed. But, when he leaves, it will only be the start of the next chapter. There’s an argument that leans on the sheer number of years, but then the counter is ‘just one championship.’

How many Syracuse fans will abandon the program because JAB is no longer at the helm? We will pay our tributes, and move on.

100 percent. And losing the backup PG from last season. I made that point in another post responding to you earlier, but it looks like it got deleted for some reason. The lack of athletic wings who are good on both offense and defense is killing us.

Yeah, the PG situation is worse. Every team that presses us beats us. Get up in our guard's faces and they shrink. We need a PG to create open shots.

We have games that we outrebound opponents. I think we may have outrebounded Miami, in fact. It wasn't their forwards who beat us. It was the guy hitting the 3's, and the other guy who could drive through the defense. They might have called him one of their forwards, but he's a 6-5 wing, not a real forward, so of course he'll be quicker.

This is accurate. They’ll need at least 2 impact transfers to have any success next year.
I’m gonna sadly predict a commensurate number of de commits per portal transfer.

Definitely do not want to lose those kids. There may not be an immediate star in the group, but it’s such a diverse collection and i kinda feel like there’s a lottery ticket or two in there.

Maybe they did not want to stick around to play behind the IIId. They knew it was going to happen and decided that was not for them.

Heck, even the assistants were complaining openly about not wanting that trade. Then again, the Titanic also only had one captain.
The money I am saving from football I will invest in the new HC to make up for what I believe will see some Boeheim loyalists pull out.

Fans are going to have to up to make up the difference as I expect we will lose some when JB retires.

I’m gonna sadly predict a commensurate number of de commits per portal transfer.

Definitely do not want to lose those kids. There may not be an immediate star in the group, but it’s such a diverse collection and i kinda feel like there’s a lottery ticket or two in there.

Pick who is leaving, other than Jimmy & Buddy.

Torrence has nowhere to go.

I don't think Benny would leave with both Boeheims gone, but you never know.

If you think Swider is leaving, well, I don't think he feels like he has shown us his best yet. I think he bets on himself as the focal point of the offense and comes back.

Where's Girard going? Jesse, I suppose might go pro, or he might come back, now that he is central to the team, and maybe become a first rounder. Frank might leave, which would suck.

Pick who is leaving, other than Jimmy & Buddy.

Torrence has nowhere to go.

I don't think Benny would leave with both Boeheims gone, but you never know.

If you think Swider is leaving, well, I don't think he feels like he has shown us his best yet. I think he bets on himself as the focal point of the offense and comes back.

Where's Girard going? Jesse, I suppose might go pro, or he might come back, now that he is central to the team, and maybe become a first rounder. Frank might leave, which would suck.
I said decommits, not transfers out.
Meaning that if we get players in the portal, ostensibly it would be for the purpose of installing them with big minutes, meaning (even) less opportunity for the incoming freshmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom