Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Two things:

We should have gone offense / defense but did we have TOs?

And Judahs meltdown is frankly unacceptable.

I’m fine with all the other guys efforts.
I don’t know. We can’t execute at the end anyway even if we did.

I will state the obvious. Judah Mintz absolutely sucked tonight. By far his worst game of the year. Hard to think he could have played worse if he tried. Stupid turnovers. Terrible shot selection. If pro scouts were watching tonight his draft status dropped significantly.

Terrible decision making by mintz. At no point was the call from bench “you take it upon yourself to drive with 10 seconds left”

Jfc give the damn ball to Joe at the end of games
What was the play from the bench?

This game is on one player. JB wasn't great, refs weren't great but didn't cost us. Our lack of strength and toughness always cost us ...but all that said...this game falls on a Frosh who thinks he's better than he is and seems more concerned with the name on the back of the jersey over the one on front.

Mintz was terrible, but lack of defensive rebounding cost us this game. I bet they had 15-20 points on second shots. We just can’t rebound. Benny and Brown both didn’t rebound. If Jesse didn’t get the rebound we were in trouble.

Btw, here are my positives:

Joe has started bullying guys two games in a row now. Dude is 100 something or whatever games into his career and he’s adding weapons.

Bell had a bad shooting game but stayed engaged on D, especially on D in the half court.

Brown is Brown. Solid.

JT hit a monster shot.

Jesse had a productive game.

We had a sliver of hope for the tourney this year. But the paths just became infinitely harder without this win.

This stings. We really needed this quality win. And we HAD IT. Just cannot close against this team. Tough last 5’. Absolutely crushed on the glass.

Freshmen mistakes and honestly bad coaching. I’ll say it.

Why was Judah in the game? He almost singlehandedly lost it.

Ugh. I am pissed off.
He almost singlehandedly lost it. - wrong - he DID singlehandedly lose it.

That game just blew our bubble chances. I’d take JL over JB…

Didn't blow them but just crushed our margin of error. Need wins over UNC Duke and UVA now. Plus have to sweep VT.

to me it’s not that you keep Mintz in...but you HAVE to draw up a play for him. Freestyle Judah simply doesn’t work yet. He doesn’t understand what to do when doubled.
He’s not going to run the play. They just ran a great play for Joe getting the three, but Judah stops thinking.

Terrible decision making by mintz. At no point was the call from bench “you take it upon yourself to drive with 10 seconds left”

Jfc give the damn ball to Joe at the end of games
Joe was blanketed - as he often is when the other team really doesn’t want him to get the ball.

Tough to win with a 5’10 go to guy. Especially the way we play.

We’ll never be good without a stud forward that’s 6’8+ and can create his own shot and score with people on him. Basically - an NBA player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom