Postgame Thoughts… Miami | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… Miami

Didn't blow them but just crushed our margin of error. Need wins over UNC Duke and UVA now. Plus have to sweep VT.
Didn't blow them but just crushed our margin of error. Need wins over UNC Duke and UVA now. Plus have to sweep VT.
Completely blew them. Mintz was totally awful! Selfish player. Did not represent the University well tonight with his selfishness.

Obviously Mintz had too many critical mistakes. He'll learn if he stays around long enough. Trouble is he's trying to play an NBA game and he doesn't have one at this point.

Joe was blanketed - as he often is when the other team really doesn’t want him to get the ball.

Tough to win with a 5’10 go to guy. Especially the way we play.

We’ll never be good without a stud forward that’s 6’8+ and can create his own shot and score with people on him. Basically - an NBA player.
There was 13 second left when Joe finished his curl, plenty of time to recycle and find someone or run him another screen

He’s not going to run the play. They just ran a great play for Joe getting the three, but Judah stops thinking.
Fine.

call a timeout and put the ball in Joe‘s hand.

call a timeout and put in Symir.

call a timeout and DO ANYTHING.

without calling a timeout, we had 20 seconds and Judah had the ball thinking he was Allen Iverson. Outside of a teammate tackling Judah, the only person in the world that could stop that was JB

Yes, make fun of an obvious typo. You guys are going to go to bed frustrated. I won't.
Sure. Nothing more sure than a guy guaranteeing what you are getting no action for months.

There was 13 second left when Joe finished his curl, plenty of time to recycle and find someone or run him another screen
Agreed, we should’ve retried after he was initially blanketed.

I wanted him to just go off the rebound and try to get a 3 in transition.

I knew we wouldn’t score against their set defense in that spot.

I’ve been saying Judah’s next level is his ability to diagnose the second level and help D. That last play was an offshoot of the same thing.

He’s still seeing every situation as a nail bc all he has is a hammer. He has to diversify his analysis and reaction when you are seeing these situations.

Stop. That's absolutely asinine. He didn't play well late. Let's not pile on.

He should have been off the floor. Coach shares the loss.
The guy played for the back of the jersey. Forcing shots. Trying to show case his skills. Making boneheaded decisions. I’ve watched enough of him to know.

On the positive side - amazing game from Jesse and the two hot forwards today were Benny and Justin. The late Justin 3 was kahunas and I was hoping it would get our mojo going - just not to be.

Joe did everything well, except we just cant live with his making only 1 of 8 from trey range no matter how solid the rest of his game.

Fine.

call a timeout and put the ball in Joe‘s hand.

call a timeout and put in Symir.

call a timeout and DO ANYTHING.

without calling a timeout, we had 20 seconds and Judah had the ball thinking he was Allen Iverson. Outside of a teammate tackling Judah, the only person in the world that could stop that was JB

We were out of timeouts.

Our coach has to see what his freshman pg has given him in past games and adjust. His track record is, you have to have him fresh at the end or he'll make bad decisions. He's a slight frosh who does his work in the paint, you gotta preserve him right now.
The refs were horrible. That might be my 3rd post complaining about that in a decade?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom