Postgame Thoughts… NC State | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… NC State

e
That Bell leak out dunk in the first half has me thinking.

He doesn’t rebound anyway. Edwards and Brown are glass eaters and Girard has a nose for the longer rebounds….maybe we should leak Bell out on the shot when he’s already up high every time?
Have you been talking to the Kings owner ?

Correct. While he probably should have been put in sooner, they were down 7 when he went out with his 4th foul and were only down 3 when he came back in.
From ~6:30 to about 3:10 left in the game, NCSU scored on six straight possessions, including a pair or threes. 14 points in just over three minutes. We went from up 5 to down 3. Heck, he likely should've considered not bringing their big dude back in at all. That is why Keatts waited until really late in the game.

That's likely where JAB -- as he does -- doubled down and figuratively said, "Go ahead. You cannot keep shooting like that."

Thankfully, we answered with Mintz's unlikely 3 and Jesse's old-school "And-1" to recapture the lead for good.

Not on the second one. That was a flop

The first shot to the face should have been a foul. A clear one. And if I recall we should have been shooting FTs. The second one which I thought at first was a flop was clearly an offensive foul upon review as the guy pushed off with his left arm. After the commercial they replayed both. Joe was fouled both times and we lost a 1-1.

Not really layups, as he was being defended on most of them.
It’s become a theme though. He makes his move and almost seems to think he’s closer to the basket than he actually is and he just chucks it or leaves it short. It’s weird. He usually has his man beat and just isn’t patient enough to get the ball in the right spot.

Burns was killing us in the middle of the zone and they sat him for way too long. Thanks to Judah for being so good at drawing fouls. That swipe Burns took when Judah blew by his defender was the difference-maker.
that reach in going for a tie up (I think near the end of the 1st half) was also critical. big guys need to learn fouls are gold and can't waste them on dumb stuff.

The first shot to the face should have been a foul. A clear one. And if I recall we should have been shooting FTs. The second one which I thought at first was a flop was clearly an offensive foul upon review as the guy pushed off with his left arm. After the commercial they replayed both. Joe was fouled both times and we lost a 1-1.

Honest question - can the defensive player get called for flopping while the offensive player gets called for an offensive foul?

Because yeah, the guy pushed off with his left arm, but Joe went down like he just got pushed by Dwayne Johnson.

Agree on the shot to the face. Clear foul. Wasn’t sure Joe had established guarding position, and the arm bar the State kid did wasn’t really a push, but I’m fine with the offensive. But Joe oversold it, as he’s done many times this year. Just don’t need to see that nonsense. He’s received numerous flop warnings this year already. Cut the crap before it actually costs us.

Agree on the shot the face. Clear foul. Wasn’t sure Joe had established guarding position, and the arm bar the State kid did wasn’t really a push, but I’m fine with the offensive. But Joe oversold it, as he’s done many times this year. Just don’t need to see that nonsense. He’s received numerous flop warnings this year already. Cut the crap before it actually costs us.

On the first one, since we had the ball, should it had been a 1-1? The second one, maybe he oversold it but it was still a foul and they correctly called it.

Didn't the NCAA say they were no longer going to call a foul on defenders when shooters lean into them or jump into them when they are in the air? Joe and Judah did this a couple of times last night and didn't get the call and then complained to the refs.

I will not miss seeing Joe quit in the middle of play to jaw at the ref or when he makes a mistake. He gets frustrated too easily out there.

On the first one, since we had the ball, should it had been a 1-1? The second one, maybe he oversold it but it was still a foul and they correctly called it.
Can’t remember the bonus situation, but probably.

Agree on the shot to the face. Clear foul. Wasn’t sure Joe had established guarding position, and the arm bar the State kid did wasn’t really a push, but I’m fine with the offensive. But Joe oversold it, as he’s done many times this year. Just don’t need to see that nonsense. He’s received numerous flop warnings this year already. Cut the crap before it actually costs us.

Completely agree. We have our own version of Greg Paulus, the irony here is gold. Perhaps, before Joe's finished he can reach that epic class Paulus meme we've all seen posted here numerous times in the past. :)

Honest question - can the defensive player get called for flopping while the offensive player gets called for an offensive foul?

Because yeah, the guy pushed off with his left arm, but Joe went down like he just got pushed by Dwayne Johnson.
doubt it

Also looks like JB found the 5 he's going to ride for 95% of the minutes, absent foul trouble. That's probably for the best.

LOL...Have to admit, never thought I'd read that sentence on this board...

Somewhere...numerous posters' heads are exploding...

That's probably for the best.

Great win last night. Finally beating a decent team was so nice.

Also looks like JB found the 5 he's going to ride for 95% of the minutes, absent foul trouble. That's probably for the best.
need to use subs in 2nd half...otherwise they will fade down the stretch

i think it was just the bench players didnt play well this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom