Postgame Thoughts… NC State | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… NC State

Love it! Just some fun, winning Orange basketball against a quality opponent… with college basketball as wide open as it is this year, Syracuse has shown if they can get in the tourney they could be a problem. Hope springs eternal!

I swear, watching JB in the handshake line with Keatts you could see JB’s wheels turning on if he goes full steal Keatts soul shred mode, or…. laugh it off & awkwardly interact with each other. Glad he went with option 2 & just bask in the win;)

Not sure why Keatts wasn’t t’d up after running onto the court after the offensive foul call Joe pulled off. If that wa Boeheim running out there he would have been tossed and docked another 100 wins…
The whole team and coaches were at the top of the key after their elbow to Girard as we were lining up to take the ball out. A staff that would make Bryant's douchey coach jealous

Keats bitching about the refs claiming they “ didn’t have a legitimate chance to win” completely ignoring it was his team that had the ball with a chance to tie at the end of the game. It’s not like the refs took the ball from them on the last possession.

Keats bitching about the refs claiming they “ didn’t have a legitimate chance to win” completely ignoring it was his team that had the ball with a chance to tie at the end of the game. It’s not like the refs took the ball from them on the last possession.
possibly the luckiest banked in 3 in the history of basketball is the only reason they even had a shot to tie at the end. Scrubs.

possibly the luckiest banked in 3 in the history of basketball is the only reason they even had a shot to tie at the end. Scrubs.
This is a pretty poor take considering we got 3s from a 19% shooter, and a senior who made his first one ever.

He's part of the Pitino coaching tree, so technically he's part of the Boeheim tree.
Guess NC St likes Pitino and his tree - Herb Sendek , former NC St coach was with Pitino at Providence and Kentucky with him before NC St ( he was coach during their Julius Hodge era)

True though NCST guy banked in a three From the Corner.

I was surprised it wasn't called out of bounds for hitting the side of the backboard.
They would call it out if it hit the top of the backboard. Not sure why the side wouldn't be the same.

Just finished game on dvr.

gritty, gutty performance.

Judah was fantastic. Getting better every day

Jesse started so shaky, then was just dominating at the end. Great boards throughout

Joe def had his moments but I almost broke my tv when he started complaining with the ball still on the ground. Jesse bailed him out.

Bell had his moments too, but still just dreadful on the glass. He has to start boxing out. still much better on rotations.

Brown was amazing on D. sometimes shaky on the d boards a little, but was very very good on o boards. Time for him to start looking for a shot when he has a short guy on him.

Worst Taylor mins maybe all year. Looks awful in all phases.
also maybe worst Sy mins.
benny, again, just doesn’t defend.

I normally am screaming for bench when guys were so exhausted (bell and brown specifically were like walking up the floor), but no one could give us mins...so I got it.

the refs? I honestly thought the only call we got lucky with was the last Judah call. The charge was a charge. The Joe flop was payback for the refs not stopping the game for getting slapped in the face. the result is what it should’ve been.

Guess NC St likes Pitino and his tree - Herb Sendek , former NC St coach was with Pitino at Providence and Kentucky with him before NC St ( he was coach during their Julius Hodge era)
One of the things I have rarely seen here, but I have come to understand, is that other college coaches really like JAB. Not universally, of course (Nate Oats pushed back, as did the Bryant HC). But the vast, vast majority appreciate his coaching acumen and what he has done for coaching. He advanced his profession. He talks to young coaches in the summers. They approach him, maybe less so now than they did 10-15 years ago, but he’s showed genuine interest in others. Some of this happened through USA Basketball, which JAB was involved with besides being Coach K’s assistant. To say JAB is “revered” might be a bit too strong, but it is not far off.

I think Keatts likes JAB and feels comfortable enough in that moment to say something about the craptastic refs. And JAB essentially said, “yeah, get in line, it’s a long one, they’ve sucked a lot more than just tonight.”

Hard to believe the stat they showed at the end of the telecast, that we haven't had a win over ranked team since 2021 january, more than 2 years ago.

Jesus, what a sobering indicator of our current state.
Regular season win. We won post season games against ranked teams in 2021. But still, that’s pretty bad.

One of the guys calling the game for WAER made good point.
The Orange would not have won this game a month ago.

Maybe not even two weeks ago,
But they found a way to do it tonight.

This team may finally have gelled.
We'll see Saturday.
We’re clearly getting better as the year progresses. We can’t rebound, run a fast break or have joe bring ball up court at end of game as we try to burn clock But I’ll take where we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom