Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

We have zero chance against Duke. Think about that…
When I made that statement it was more out of frustration of just losing at home to gtech. I didn't think we were winning but that was a good bball team. I hope im wrong but this team isn't good enough.

This is asinine. We point to one play for some, yet not for others.

joe was barely moving on defense, go back and watch the game
I'd suggest the same to you. Apparently, you missed JB's reaction.

JB says...ND making 2 3 pointers as the shot clock ran down was the game...
It wasn't the team getting outboarded by 12.
It wasn't that ND passes the ball on offense better than CUSE...assists ND 19 CUSE 9
It wasn't that your starting backcourt shot 2 for 13 from 3.

His DBPM is the highest of the guards that play, that’s true. It’s also true he is the only one in the positive.

But his DBPM is 0.4.

Buddy and Sy, if I’m reading it right, are both at -0.3.

I’d punt on Sy’s numbers a bit with the limited playing time, but he’s obviously not Kawhi.

Larger point, while Joe is def the best performing on D in advanced stats, it’s still bad.

I will say, I *think* his DBPM was at 0.0 a bit ago, so I believe it’s trending up. But, again, it’s still a bad number.

Tough game. Tougher one next. Got to get back up on the horse.

Didn’t say it was a good number. Only Jesse has had a good number all year.

i think too many people focus on only the ball plays which is about 10% of what a defense does in the zone.

Joe is our best defensive guard.

Excuse me -will have to continue trying to process the significance of this privately.

I will say, between his overall shooting numbers and trend upwards on defensive rating, albeit still not great, kudos to Joe. He has a limited ceiling, but I think he’s had a decent year within what he can do.

Last edited:
Are we not allowed to talk about post game pressers anymore? I see it posted in a tacked thread not open for further replies.

Sounded like Donna that JB was going after last night. I always thought Mike and Donna were protected class.

Are we not allowed to talk about post game pressers anymore? I see it posted in a tacked thread not open for further replies.

Sounded like Donna that JB was going after last night. I always thought Mike and Donna were protected class.

That thread has been like that for years. It’s Ox’s thread to have all the highlights, interviews, pressers, pics etc. It’s never been open for comments. You want to talk about the presser start a thread or do it in another thread or this one.

You're more than welcome to discuss the presser in this thread.

Everybody else does.

Ok, wasn't sure and wasn't trying to offend. I was surprised no one mentioned it. But I guess there's only so many times people can care about an old guy being cranky after a loss.

A lot of people want to read the articles and videos after a game in a clean thread without all the drama.

Believe me, if "JB says things", it'll be discussed somewhere.

Ok, wasn't sure and wasn't trying to offend. I was surprised no one mentioned it. But I guess there's only so many times people can care about an old guy being cranky after a loss.

Opening Statement [JB]

Boeheim: "We let them get out 12 and then I thought we really played well defensively. We got some good offensive possessions. Two keys, Bourama blocks the shot and then it goes to Laszewski with two seconds left on the shot clock and he makes a three. Then when we get it to two, Hubb takes his only three that he made and it's a bad shot but it goes in. That was the game. Other than that, we did pretty much what we wanted to try to do. We got beat early inside. Our centers are struggling right now defending the paint area. We just have to do a better job there."

Q: With the centers struggling down there, I'm not sure what the answer is, but you've still got a few more games left.
[I believe this was Donna]

Boeheim: "Really, you don't? If I knew I'd be doing it. If I knew the answer I'd be doing it. And by the way, Boston College can't be really good and then bad. Like when we beat them, they were bad. When they beat Notre Dame, they're good. That doesn't make sense. Think about it."

Opening Statement [JB]

Boeheim: "We let them get out 12 and then I thought we really played well defensively. We got some good offensive possessions. Two keys, Bourama blocks the shot and then it goes to Laszewski with two seconds left on the shot clock and he makes a three. Then when we get it to two, Hubb takes his only three that he made and it's a bad shot but it goes in. That was the game. Other than that, we did pretty much what we wanted to try to do. We got beat early inside. Our centers are struggling right now defending the paint area. We just have to do a better job there."

Q: With the centers struggling down there, I'm not sure what the answer is, but you've still got a few more games left.
[I believe this was Donna]

Boeheim: "Really, you don't? If I knew I'd be doing it. If I knew the answer I'd be doing it. And by the way, Boston College can't be really good and then bad. Like when we beat them, they were bad. When they beat Notre Dame, they're good. That doesn't make sense. Think about it."
That’s a valid point.
They are just bad.

This right here should actually show people where this program is at right now unfortunately. The thought that “we’re syracuse” etc etc, that doesn’t fly anymore and hasnt for a while. The allure of this team is gone and is why guys like JJ do not commit and go elsewhere. It used to be a dream for local kids to play at su and now it’s just an offer. It’s so frustrating but the game has evolved the players for other programs has evolved and our plan unfortunately has not ...
I agree with just about all of this. Except JJ grew up a bigger UNC fan than Cuse. So that allure was never really there for him

Reactions: 007
An entire generation is growing up with Cuse being “mid”.
It's really tough to raise your kids as SU fans, when you are backing this type of product. Unfortunately, It is all they know right now.

It's really tough to raise your kids as SU fans, when you are backing this type of product. Unfortunately, It is all they know right now.
Yup. Most kids are bandwagoners. Take a look at how many of them are “Chiefs fans”, now.

Q: With the centers struggling down there, I'm not sure what the answer is, but you've still got a few more games left. [I believe this was Donna]

It went on a little longer than that, with some solid JB glares. They cut it off on the transcript. No big deal, I just always thought of Mike and Donna as protected class, but he was clearly upset with her going in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom