Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

This game may mark the first time the Orange ever came out of a late timeout with an effective play. (Although Seth Greenberg -in talking about that play - called Boeheim "one of the best game coaches in college basketball."

And good, strong D on the final possession.

Fully expected to blow that. Thrilled we didn’t. Always great to beat the Irish.

Fully expect to get to 10-5 or so, with “Boeheim’s got this team turning a corner” narratives. Then we’ll probably go like 3-13 the rest of the way.
Funny you being that up. Our next 7 games…Great chance we are 11-4.

Oakland-W
Georgetown-W
Monmouth-W
Cornell-W
Pitt-W
BC-W
Louisville-W

Oakland-W
Georgetown-W
Monmouth-W
Cornell-W
Pitt-W
BC-W
Louisville-W
Pitt looked pretty good last night.

Yep, a great win because honestly every win is a great win this year.

Going forward, I think Taylor over Bell is pretty obvious at this point. Hopefully Mintz gains some confidence from that last shot.
I know Bell is a board whipping boy, and he's got a lot of room to grow, but I think we need to keep seeing what we can get from him. The dude can make a shot and on a team with guys with various limitations, that has some value too.

The best case scenario is that Bell and Taylor keep getting better as the year goes on. We need multiple options at F.

Oakland-W
Georgetown-W
Monmouth-W
Cornell-W
Pitt-W
BC-W
Louisville-W
Exactly. Softest schedule you could possibly get.

Would be thrilled if we could both win them all AND grow and gain confidence from that winning and build on it for the second half of the season.

I know Bell is a board whipping boy, and he's got a lot of room to grow, but I think we need to keep seeing what we can get from him. The dude can make a shot and on a team with guys with various limitations, that has some value too.

The best case scenario is that Bell and Taylor keep getting better as the year goes on. We need multiple options at F.
never said don’t play him. if he’s playing well he can play some mins, but he refuses to rebound. thats a problem.

I don't think it's close. I think JT >>> Bell. I mean, he's shooting 40% from the floor and 31% from three or something and barely doing anything else.

Give me JT all day. Bell can still play, coming off the bench.

Keep rotating them both about 20 minutes a game. Don’t sacrifice one for the other. We need them both. Keep developing both of them.

Oakland-W
Georgetown-W
Monmouth-W
Cornell-W
Pitt-W
BC-W
Louisville-W
I heard Georgetown was good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member