Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

I know Bell is a board whipping boy, and he's got a lot of room to grow, but I think we need to keep seeing what we can get from him. The dude can make a shot and on a team with guys with various limitations, that has some value too.

The best case scenario is that Bell and Taylor keep getting better as the year goes on. We need multiple options at F.

I agree with Bell I was calling for him to come in at least he brings an actual skill to the floor and if Benny and JBA aren’t going to rebound and JB isn’t going to play Brown at least Bell can make people pay for doubling down

I know Bell is a board whipping boy, and he's got a lot of room to grow, but I think we need to keep seeing what we can get from him. The dude can make a shot and on a team with guys with various limitations, that has some value too.

The best case scenario is that Bell and Taylor keep getting better as the year goes on. We need multiple options at F.
Bell did a nice job a couple of games ago when he was at the high post on offense

I don't think it's close. I think JT >>> Bell. I mean, he's shooting 40% from the floor and 31% from three or something and barely doing anything else.

Give me JT all day. Bell can still play, coming off the bench.
I know you're not a Bell fan.

He doesn't help his case by being such a trash rebounder. Zero instincts.

But I think people are being really harsh on him. The upside is Dirty South. Well, James redshirted his freshman season, and Bell's starting games and has the 2nd most made threes on the team because the rest of the team is that unproven and inexperienced.

I'm a little more optimistic that he's going to figure it out.

Justin Taylor is our third best player and he only plays because Judah slapped the mustache off a 5’8 kid from a school with 350 students

Taylor just has more in his bag than Bell or even Benny at this point, imo. And I think investing time now will pay off big time down the line, even in this season.

Benny has had tons of runway to prove himself. Bell is a two dribble poor jump shooter. That's it. He def can be good down the line, but he's not very versatile.

But I think people are being really harsh on him. The upside is Dirty South. Well, James redshirted his freshman season, and Bell's starting games and has the 2nd most made threes on the team because the rest of the team is that unproven and inexperienced.

He's a two dribble jump shooter. So you can play, sure, if you are making shots. If not, you cannot. You will be a net negative.

He can't dribble.

He did sit Joe at the end though and it was huge as Sy stayed in front of his man. thought that was a major sub and huge play by Sy.
I get what you’re saying but I mean down the stretch of a game not the last possession on defense. Loved that sub for the last 13 seconds today.

South is actually the perfect comp as he played when Grant should have been playing more. Specifically for rebounding reasons

1 down, 7 to go. Hoping an 8 game win streak will get us to Next Four Out territory.

I’m not sure if the next 7 opponents offer the same opportunities that ND did (no wing stoppers, no interior D). Pitt is typically the type of team that has physical guards on D that can bother JG and Mintz.

Well done JB. Thank you for putting in a defensive lineup at the end.

And boo to ND for all of the clock problems and giving their short rotation extra TOs down the stretch.

What did you guys think of Starling? Would you have preferred him to Judah?

Love an offensive lineup of Mintz-Joe-Bell-Taylor-Jesse. I think defense would be ok but rebounding a problem. That team would put up points especially if we establish Jesse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom