Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

I watched the last 5 minutes again I have no clue what ND was trying to accomplish on offense. The stuff they were doing for 75% of the game they just stopped. They were passing the ball around slowly and without purpose. They were playing like they were up 20 trying to just run out the clock. Very strange

What did you guys think of Starling? Would you have preferred him to Judah?
Hard to say. He clearly has lower demands on him than Judah does for our team. He showed flashes of being really good. I hope they both stick around so we can see them match up as they mature.

Did Jesse nearly score an own goal in the second half? Looked like in on a high rebound.

Passing is the best part of JBA's game, but I'm only 5'5 so I probably shouldn't be commenting.

I know you're not a Bell fan.

He doesn't help his case by being such a trash rebounder. Zero instincts.

But I think people are being really harsh on him. The upside is Dirty South. Well, James redshirted his freshman season, and Bell's starting games and has the 2nd most made threes on the team because the rest of the team is that unproven and inexperienced.

I'm a little more optimistic that he's going to figure it out.
It’s about more than scoring. If you hit a couple 3’s but give up 6+ in rebounding you’re a negative….. Got to be a all around player not a one trick pony

There was one possession where JBA was telling players how to run the set play. He motioned to I think two different players. I think we ultimately got a really good shot. It makes me think he knows what he’s doing out there more than some.

It’s clear to me that Judah does not run the set plays that are called all the time. He’s not the first one, to pkay point like that for us. JB let’s talented players ad lib a bit.

It’s about more than scoring. If you hit a couple 3’s but give up 6+ in rebounding you’re a negative….. Got to be a all around player not a one trick pony
Yes.

And I'm suggesting we need him to become more of an all around player, and that's more likely to happen by continuing to give him minutes.

There was one possession where JBA was telling players how to run the set play. He motioned to I think two different players. I think we ultimately got a really good shot. It makes me think he knows what he’s doing out there more than some.

It’s clear to me that Judah does not run the set plays that are called all the time. He’s not the first one, to pkay point like that for us. JB let’s talented players ad lib a bit.
I welcome our new point forward JBA. And in the fall, he’s going to play tight end for the football team too.

Ajak has played ok, surprisingly.

Seven winnable games.

Taylor has earned a spot.
What exactly does Ajak give us? Did something happen in practice that JB wants to give him minutes?

What exactly does Ajak give us? Did something happen in practice that JB wants to give him minutes?
Today he gave assists lol, led the team amazingly.

But Jim's post game presser was classic - pining for the days of a 170 pound center who could rebound

Yup, don't have to be a lockdown guy to make a difference on defense. Sometimes just hustling matters.
One thing that O’brien mentioned on the broadcast was you don’t just put your hands up when they’re shooting but waving hands also makes it difficult for the ball handler to see into the backcourt.

Extra effort can pay dividends even if they’re not shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom