Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

As for taking it to to the basket, maybe Benny doesn’t want to to because: example a) puts the ball on the floor, falls in the most awkward fashion possible, yells in extreme pain, looks like his knee exploded apart in a million pieces… gets up & plays on like nothing happened. If that’s not Benny in a nutshell I’m not sure what is, haha

Last edited:
2 rebounds out of our three forwards. Something is going on with Brown; either still injured or something at practice. We all love JBA but he is a "break glass in case of emergency" guy.

2 boards from our starting forwards.
This^^^
Then again, maybe he's just... "not ready"? :mad:

We needed Mintz to get ejected to give Taylor a chance who has to get ejected to give Brown a chance? Who ever takes that bullet for the team like Mintz did is the hero we need.
I know you're just busting balls but this irks me to no end! We have seen this scenario play out multiple times over the years, and here we are on the verge of watching it happen again.
So Symir or Joe need to get injured before we see Q. Copeland...the same isht that took place with Jesse, Khadary, et al'?
Is JB so stuck on a lineup that come hell or highwater, he will not change...unless he's absolutely backed into a corner? That's a rhetorical question, and I really don't need to face the answer.
I LOVE, absolutely LOVE, Malik Brown, and short of injury or illness, dollars to donuts we'll stand a good chance of losing him to the portal, because all of a sudden, JB is more enamored w/ JBA. Baffling. :mad:

We’ve heard injured. We’ve heard sick. Don’t understand why they don’t just say it?
I had not heard about him having the flu but I trust Matt. A couple of weeks ago, JB said he was injured...a hip thing maybe?

Either way, how often does Dino talk about injuries? At best, he says they have an "owie". Most of the time he refuses to comment on the topic at all. I don't really expect more out of JB. Maybe if it were a starter, perhaps, but I don't expect to see him openly talking about the health of a bench player.

Every season we need a Kadary and a Benny. Seems like this year it’s Brown and Copeland.

Joe’s defense was much better today. Muuuch better. I’m not talking about the steals, he fought over a couple of screens for the first time in forever.

There was one possession late in the game where he showed initially, then fought OVER the screen and the got out effectively on the shooter on the ensuing ball reversal.

The result was a missed shot. That’s what can happen when he puts forth the effort.

Exciting!!!! so glad for the kids the staff Jessie+Joe were awesome! Taylor Ajax played Hard some huge buckets. Mintz is gonna be great, huge finish.

2 small criticism. The 3 we gave up 5 with 1:16 left Taylor needs to know Edwards and Ajax are under the bucket first and then get to the perimeter. Joe had 2 men to guard. I really thought joe took a hard charge in the first half around half court.
Not sure Jessie had a point in the last 12 minutes. Would love to see Benny/taylor maybe in some high screens when he goes on droughts.
They were hitting everything in the first half. seniority. That was awesome!! So happy for Everyone.

Best coaching from JB this year, perhaps in a couple of years. Made a concerted effort to get Edwards the ball, substitutions were better, drew up plays out of timeouts, recognized situations, made some adjustments, and had the team prepared and motivated after a blowout loss. Maybe Illinois woke him up.

Still far from perfect and still past his prime, don’t get me wrong. At least this version of JB gives us a better chance of turning the season around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom