Postgame Thoughts… ND | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… ND

Missed this one, but glad to have the board chatter to get a feel for it. Bell looked insanely good in condensed game!
Really curious how Benny responds to a tough situation.

Somebody want to help me understand these train yard references??
Train station

It's not selfishness as much as panic, imo. Maybe tonight he's him realize that it's not all on him when things aren't going well
Until tonight it was though. it’s good for everyone that they collectively have improved

Anyone else notice when returning to the floor following a late timeout with the game on the line, Maliq chats it up with the guy finishing up floor maintenance under the basket and shares a laugh?
I loved that. Freshman.
The contrast w/ Benny's demeanor is striking. The kid seems poised and calm out there, I believe someone used the word "Zen".
Benny is like my 7 month old puppy w/ his frenetic, often unfocused energy that you constantly have to monitor lest he gets himself into trouble. You trust that eventually he won't tear up the furniture or pee on the carpet, and in fairness, he is doing better. But overall, you still don't trust him.

One “negative” I noticed when brown in and Benny out is that it is harder for Mintz to get the space to drive bc I believe Jesse and brown are more traditionally positioned. Benny seems to hang out more around the perimeter allowing Mintz to do his thing with more space. This is an observation and not a criticism as I love how brown plays. Judah will find the seems still and when his outside shot develops too…wow. But did anyone else notice this or am I still feeling the effects of my bender?

When they showed the slo-mo replay of Joe's head getting slammed to the floor by the ND player landing on him, was sure he'd be in concussion protocol and done for the night.
Apparently not that bad -didn't notice an egg on his forehead where I thought it hit the floor(?)

It looked like he had one on his cheek bone.
I thought it would have been on his forehead or brow when I saw it in slow motion.

It looked like he had one on his cheek bone.
I thought it would have been on his forehead or brow when I saw it in slow motion.
Yeah, I think Girard will have a shiner this morning.

It would have been cooler if he suffered for the team on a loose ball, not chasing his own dribbling malfunction. :p

So we are good enough to start running off players with no players coming in got it

Learn to read.

Kid lost his starting job, he's sulking. He almost left the team after last season.

And to the talking point you're attempting to make -- this is a performance based sport. Benny has started half the season and given every chance to produce. He hasn't done so, beyond on an inconsistent basis. Brown has. Ergo, he should start.

When they showed the slo-mo replay of Joe's head getting slammed to the floor by the ND player landing on him, was sure he'd be in concussion protocol and done for the night.
Apparently not that bad -didn't notice an egg on his forehead where I thought it hit the floor(?)
They said on the radio last night that his wound was “cemented.” I hope he’s okay. That’ll leave a mark.

Credit to JB, the press was effective in making ND work harder to get into their offense and tired them out so they couldn’t just stand and shoot. What a great effort by the guys. Crowd was great. Anytime you beat ND in anything it’s amazing
Felt great after having to watch all their loser fans celebrate in October

How would you know something like that!! The fact is you don’t. In my experience with people of that generation, they are very understanding and tolerant of their friends’ struggles.
Yes, we all know you’re the expert as the only parent on this board.

His positioning, hands, footwork and the way he understands how to use his body really jump out at me, best on the team. When he goes up to score he doesn't go vertical, he goes up in the direction of the defender creating that extra space for the bucket.
When he bumped the guy (2nd half, left side of the basket) then went up for the dunk, I struggled to remember the las SU player who did that. None came to mind.

Yes, we all know you’re the expert as the only parent on this board.
F. U. The OP claimed that Mintz would stop being friends with Benny if Benny pouts. I was pointing out that was unlikely.
I wanted to point out it was stupid, but restrained myself.

When he bumped the guy (2nd half, left side of the basket) then went up for the dunk, I struggled to remember the las SU player who did that. None came to mind.
I was thinking Jerami Grant against Duke in that OT Dome thriller.

Also, I think Brown will prove to be our best PF since Grant.

F. U. The OP claimed that Mintz would stop being friends with Benny if Benny pouts. I was pointing out that was unlikely.
I’m the OP. You should do a PSA next.

Best crowd of the season.But the four women behind me could only talk about the dude sitting with Weitsman and how they could go meet him.

Maliq Brown is a quiet beast. No antics, just business.

I was thinking Jerami Grant against Duke in that OT Dome thriller.

Also, I think Brown will prove to be our best PF since Grant.
I'm thinking a more athletic Rick J except a righty. Give me that please!! I don't care if he ever shoots outside of 6 feet.

Correct, but Judah is likely seeing he needs to separate his career path from Benny. I think that’s actually what the OP was getting at….I hope.

I'm thinking a more athletic Rick J except a righty. Give me that please!! I don't care if he ever shoots outside of 6 feet.
Yeah. I agree. And neither really play above the rim….which is an NBA career must.

Maliq is a tad better in that area, but I don’t think enough to carve out a roster spot in the league…sorry Eric D.

Between the ripping of the jersey and sitting out two games for being sick I think the staff has been incredibly patient with Benny. I’m not sure what more they can do. He’s not producing.

Best crowd of the season.But the four women behind me could only talk about the dude sitting with Weitsman and how they could go meet him.

Maliq Brown is a quiet beast. No antics, just business.
Good crowd, still marginal by our standards. Felt it was the best environment post-pandemic however (for hoops).

I'm thinking Rick J from the opposite side maybe??

Yeah. I agree. And neither really play above the rim….which is an NBA career must.

Maliq is a tad better in that area, but I don’t think enough to carve out a roster spot in the league…sorry Eric D.
But... If those shoulders turn to muscle and he adds some things... he'll play ball as a pro somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom