Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… St. John’s

He's a scorer. I thought the color guy tonight made a great point on that because Judah looks at things with a "how to score" mentality which drives him to open space whereas sometimes driving toward an opponent makes them pick who to cover. He can do it and has shown that. But its not going to be his first thought. Thinking about it a little more will be his ticket to the next level because he's quite good at it.
He’s a great talent but he doesn’t know how to run a team yet.

i simply don’t know what else to say without being mean, so I’ll just put this here...
more-kylo-ren.gif

imo, offense needs to run with Judah and copeland with a mcw/flynn mentality, I dont have faith in us taking the air out of the ball, one on one ball is a quarter of joe/bells game, maybe benny some nights. We are softer than our rebounding when we take the air out.

i simply don’t know what else to say without being mean, so I’ll just put this here...
He’s not wrong, the only legit ACC starters on this team are Mintz and Edwards and both would be middle of the pack guys. Joe is probably a 7th guy on top teams and the rest of these guys are end of the bench guys right now. This roster is just bad and it’s getting worse and worse every year.

Tough loss. A winnable game. Judah tried to force too much late in the game. Girard had a really terrible game, and after 1-10 from three, would you have thrown it to him for a last shot? I don't think I would have ...

Hima was very good. Edwards generated some important offense for us late. Symir was of little value out there. You have to try to do more with the ball, not just avoid turning it over. The team is better than they looked two or three weeks ago.

There's a lot of season left to play. I am left optimistic by the play of Mintz, Benny and Chris, along with Hima. I'd like to see Maliq Brown and Qadari Copeland integrated a bit more into the mix. But things are getting better.

Symir brings us nothing lately except overdribbling
He supposedly worked on his outside shooting in the off-season. But in one of the exhibition games, he shot and missed a couple of jumpers back to back, JB pulled him and talked to him. I’m sure he was told never to shoot again. What’s left?

Don't get bench play. Benny had great first half but he's a 40 minute guy now? Q over Symir would be my next move too.
Agreed. The team seems to play better when various guys are rotated in. The constant pressure obviously wore out Mintz and the team was gassed at the end.

Guys like Copeland etc... can definitely contribute.

The highlight for me was the dude from ST John’s playing with shades on……very cool IMO.

Look JB gonna JB….Joe isn’t coming out…he spaces the floor and can get hot at any moment…this is what he has said in the past.

For those who went to the game…how was the environment down there?

The worst part about this is this is where our program is now…we lose to Colgate and St John’s and our stubborn head coach won’t adjust our sub players like he should be. Girard shouldn’t even come to practice tomorrow with the performance he had as a senior guard on this team. The outlook beyond this year is what makes me more upset because there just aren’t any answers. Mintz will assuredly be gone, so will Edwards and. Whomever else

A few JG things:
JG shoots 90% from the FT line unless it’s the last 2 minutes where it seems like he shoots 70%.
Why the hell did JG not pull up for a 3 in OT when we were down like 6 with under a minute to go? He drives, turns and throws a blind pass to the other team.
And the 2 drives where he looked clueless late in the game and just threw up crazy shots around the basket.
It was like he was drunk last night.

A few JG things:
JG shoots 90% from the FT line unless it’s the last 2 minutes where it seems like he shoots 70%.
Why the hell did JG not pull up for a 3 in OT when we were down like 6 with under a minute to go? He drives, turns and throws a blind pass to the other team.
And the 2 drives where he looked clueless late in the game and just threw up crazy shots around the basket.
It was like he was drunk last night.
Joe is a shooter and sometimes he makes a good pass. But, that's it. As a senior, he makes freshman mistakes. He has no idea how to be productive beyond making shots. When his shot isn't falling, he is a liability. And, while a shooter should always think the next one is going in, the coach has the ability to remove him from the game and put someone in that will at least play defense. Joe played poorly, but JB lost the game.

They run nothing to get Benny open on the box. No screens, no nothing. It takes practically the entire game before this team realizes Jesse can score inside. I don’t blame the players.
They run nothing for anyone but joe hero ball

The reverse attempt on the break was bad. You have to go in stronger. Odds are you miss it anyway, but give yourself a chance to have a positive outcome.
Nfl DBs dream about having that efficient a back pedal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom