Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2)

Ftr, Kadary didn’t play very well today. No one had any issues with the majority of Joe mins, especially in the 1st half.

to suggest Kadary isn’t somehow the best defensive guard on the team and that analyitics don’t matter is...its just sad. We can all see that Kadary is better at defense than Joe and Buddy.

What are the odds we lose Kadary, Woody, Bras this off-season? I rate it highly
I can’t see Kadary transferring, but if he does...

goCp7si.gif.cf.gif

Ftr, Kadary didn’t play very well today. No one had any issues with the majority of Joe mins, especially in the 1st half.

to suggest Kadary isn’t somehow the best defensive guard on the team and that analyitics don’t matter is...its just sad. We can all see that Kadary is better at defense than Joe and Buddy.

This is exactly it.

He's lying about stuff for no reason.

He could have just said: "Joe was hitting shots and playing a great game. We rode the hot hand and got Kadary in when we could. We got the win, glad we made our shots today."

Nothing new.
The classic incident was after game against UNC that sent the team to the Final 4 in '87.
At the post game news conference he was ripping the team for all it did wrong (they never trailed the entire game).
Rony Seikaly cut him off saying, "Coach we just won. We didn't lose!"

Please give us Ajax at PF for 15 minutes a game against taller teams. Almost begging. Why is he running screen and roles, and he can't dribble much. He should be running bump hip to hip. He's 215 an inch taller than a guy named carmelo. He would be serviceable at pf, if he's serviceable to press in the open court, it's just mind-boggling. At best annoy their forwards by bumping them a bit for 10 minutes. He took a nice charge at the center today, he could take that at PF most nights per 6 minutes.

The sad reality is, we will never shoot 35% from 3 when they stuff Guerrier with a 6'9/6'10 mobile PF, which leads to no inside-out 3's. It's almost like watching every game except when we are playing teams built like Pitt, UNC, Virginia, or someone as tall as them. Carolina State should have gone tall against us all game. Our starting 6 are doing amazing things, and Brass is trying, but that is the sad reality atm.

Please give us Ajax at PF for 15 minutes a game against taller teams. Almost begging. Why is he running screen and roles, and he can't dribble much. He should be running bump hip to hip. He's 215 an inch taller than a guy named carmelo. He would be serviceable at pf, if he's serviceable to press in the open court, it's just mind-boggling. At best annoy their forwards by bumping them a bit for 10 minutes.

The sad reality is, we will never shoot 35% from 3 when they stuff Guerrier with a 6'9/6'10 mobile PF, which leads to no inside-out 3's. It's almost like watching every game except when we are playing teams built like Pitt, UNC, Virginia, or someone as tall as them. Carolina State should have gone tall against us all game.
Goodness

This is exactly it.

He's lying about stuff for no reason.

He could have just said: "Joe was hitting shots and playing a great game. We rode the hot hand and got Kadary in when we could. We got the win, glad we made our shots today."
His airing of grievances is unbecoming.
Like I was sorta thinking Pat should back down but chit like this makes me want to do a full analytical report of our roster and send it to him to read on air.

How so?

Seems like we had better ball movement, which led to better shots, which led to better shooting. It could be my imagination, but we don't look nearly as good now. I remember being very excited about the offense I was seeing. Now, not as much.

Please give us Ajax at PF for 15 minutes a game against taller teams. Almost begging. Why is he running screen and roles, and he can't dribble much. He should be running bump hip to hip. He's 215 an inch taller than a guy named carmelo. He would be serviceable at pf, if he's serviceable to press in the open court, it's just mind-boggling. At best annoy their forwards by bumping them a bit for 10 minutes.

The sad reality is, we will never shoot 35% from 3 when they stuff Guerrier with a 6'9/6'10 mobile PF, which leads to no inside-out 3's. It's almost like watching every game except when we are playing teams built like Pitt, UNC, Virginia, or someone as tall as them. Carolina State should have gone tall against us all game. Our starting 6 are doing amazing things, and Brass is trying, but that is the sad reality atm.

Who would you bench if you play Jon Bol for 15 at PF. I’m sorry but you lose way too
Much offensively if you sit Quincy, Marek or Griffin. Ajak is in no way the answer and should not get minutes from any of those three.

Cuse

Please give us Ajax at PF for 15 minutes a game against taller teams. Almost begging. Why is he running screen and roles, and he can't dribble much. He should be running bump hip to hip. He's 215 an inch taller than a guy named carmelo. He would be serviceable at pf, if he's serviceable to press in the open court, it's just mind-boggling. At best annoy their forwards by bumping them a bit for 10 minutes. He took a nice charge at the center today, he could take that at PF most nights per 6 minutes.

You post like a guy who prides himself on playing physical defense in pickup games.

I think @Lville will determine our postseason fate. I think we can beat ND, GT, Duke, and maybe even UNC. Running the table ROS gets us a bid IMO

Who would you bench if you play Jon Bol for 15 at PF. I’m sorry but you lose way too
Much offensively if you sit Quincy, Marek or Griffin. Ajak is in no way the answer and should not get minutes from any of those three.

Cuse

Griff and guerrier 6'5 6'7. Marek 30 pounds under at center.

Try that against someone 2 inches taller and just as strong as Guerrier at PF, and a center as tall/taller than Dolez with 40 more pounds than him. It's just a recipe for disaster against taller teams on both ends.
Girard Buddy will have to drive to shoot 80% of the competitive portion of the game before were blown out again, and Griffin will be forcing long shots with some turnovers, while getting doubled every now and then off the dribble again. Dolezaj would have to work some magic running the offense he ran last year, but it's worth it getting ready to go tall for 15 against tall teams.
Bull is good to draw a charge at PF per 5-6 minutes.

I think @Lville will determine our postseason fate. I think we can beat ND, GT, Duke, and maybe even UNC. Running the table ROS gets us a bid IMO
UNC big boys us every time on the boards. So beating them is unlikely unless we shoot the lights out. Duke is playing better now ... just in time for us. Too bad we didn't get them earlier. GT is a tough match up. Not optimistic about any road game. IMO we need to win 4-5 to have any chance of sneaking into a tourney bid.

Buddy’s inability to get a loose ball amazes me. Three times in the 2nd half there was a loose ball near mid court, and he was the player in best position to get it each time. But all 3 times he was beaten to the ball. And that led directly to 6 BC points. I like Buddy for the most part but that was infuriating.

Allan Griffin for president! Boeheim “ Picken” right players at right time

To be clear, I am actually pretty happy with this win. I think that BC coach is actually a pretty darn good coach. He just doesn’t have the players or luck with personnel. I just like us to clean up some things. Like getting loose balls we should get.

UNC big boys us every time on the boards. So beating them is unlikely unless we shoot the lights out. Duke is playing better now ... just in time for us. Too bad we didn't get them earlier. GT is a tough match up. Not optimistic about any road game. IMO we need to win 4-5 to have any chance of sneaking into a tourney bid.

For sure but even when they outrebound us we've managed to make it a close game a few times over the years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom