Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2)

The stat sheet?

I didn’t see the game. All on radio. My inclination is that the forward JB was defending was Buddy. But I have no idea if he got time at SF today.
Do plus minus stats come out that quickly after a game? Honesty have no idea

Never put the ball in Buddy's hands in a tight and late situation. Terrible ball handler, he'll lose it. He lost it twice today. He's also a surprisingly poor free throw shooter.
What are you talking about? Buddy is shooting 85% from the free throw line this year. Higher than Joe G. Buddy can't handle the ball but he is a excellent free throw shooter.

Saw that and I almost couldn't believe it. Kadray hadn't touched the ball in a bit.
it seemed like Boeheim was telling Kadary he should’ve been looking for a pass? But Joe was passing it to Buddy anyway. Even if Kadary was ready for a pass...it wouldn’t have made much sense to make that pass to him there anyway.

It’s very possible there’s something they’ve been emphasizing in those situations that he wanted Kadary to do? There’s so much of that, that people who aren’t in the gym with them everyday wouldn’t know.

But it certainly looked like JB was yelling at Kadary for no reason, after Joe made a terrible pass. Hope there was more to it than that.

Hot take- I don’t know why anyone would play for JB. He’s so rude, never encourages the guys, zero charisma and zero positivity. He’s getting on my last nerve with what he says about certain players

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we stopped getting as many NBA level guys after JB would habitually trash the ones we had and downplay their NBA prospects in press conferences and interviews.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we stopped getting as many NBA level guys after JB would habitually trash the ones we had and downplay their NBA prospects in press conferences and interviews.
Lol... Fiction can be fun

Who’s the NBA level guy that JB trashed?

Fair or not, there’s certainly some that took it that way and a narrative was formed with Grant and Ennis, all the way to Bazley.
And I say narrative, because a year or two later there was Grant and McCullough sitting behind the bench for the FSU game, during the NBA all star break. So I’m thinking they know how to take Boeheim.

But those with no vested interest in Syracuse hoops will form narratives if you give them the material.

Lol

JC my boss has said worse shiz to me.
Your boss is paying you to work.
College basketball players aren’t getting paid.

Unlike football coming back doesn’t really move you up draft boards unless you pull a Buddy Hield.
It doesn’t happen anymore.
What you are as a freshman is typically your range to get drafted.

JB is a players coach but he should just shut up when a player declares for the draft.
If they can get drafted that they will leave.

Unlike football coming back doesn’t really move you up draft boards unless you pull a Buddy Hield.

JB is a players coach but he should just shut up when a player declares for the draft.

nothing you say matters. much like the other dude that just had a mental breakdown and disappeared...This isn’t being done in good faith.

Lol... Fiction can be fun

Who’s the NBA level guy that JB trashed?

There are better hills to die on when rushing to defend JB.

These players aren’t being paid but they have been given the opportunity to learn how to become a better basketball player under the tutelage of a PROVEN all time great...

Don’t you think he knows something about pulling the best out of his players? And finding ways to motivate a guy to work harder, improve habits, become better...?

I know y’all think you’ve got it all figured out but couldn’t you grant that maybe the guy who’s profession it is to coach college basketball players knows what he is doing?

Is that possible?

nothing you say matters. much like the other dude that just had a mental breakdown and disappeared...This isn’t being done in good faith.
You’re calling me disingenuous?

There are better hills to die on when rushing to defend JB.

I’m alive and well.

These players aren’t being paid but they have been given the opportunity to learn how to become a better basketball player under the tutelage of a PROVEN all time great...

Don’t you think he knows something about pulling the best out of his players? And finding ways to motivate a guy to work harder, improve habits, become better...?

I know y’all think you’ve got it all figured out but couldn’t you grant that maybe the guy who’s profession it is to coach college basketball players knows what he is doing?

Is that possible?
If you can go get paid to play basketball or can comeback to a college team that doesn’t pay and you aren’t getting your degree the HC should just shut up publicly and let it go.

He should never say anything that can be perceived as negative.

These kids want to go pro not play college basketball.

Never put the ball in Buddy's hands in a tight and late situation. Terrible ball handler, he'll lose it. He lost it twice today. He's also a surprisingly poor free throw shooter.

He's a really good free throw shooter!

I'm just perplexed why teams press us. We can break a press well enough I suppose because of Marek, AG, and Q having decent enough handles.

I'd run pressure defense at the guards all day once we break halfcourt, throw a surprise double at them - they panic quickly. JG often just dribbles backwards to get away, and Buddy just wilts.

Saw that and I almost couldn't believe it. Kadray hadn't touched the ball in a bit.
It appeared Jim was motioning that he needed to come to the ball. That’s what my amateur, clearly far away eyes saw. Even though it doesn’t entirely make sense considering the guy who is the starting PG had the ball there and tossed it away.

Buddy is usually too slow to get to loose balls. Takes his body too long to move in that direction. By the time he does it’s too late.

So I think that’s part of it. But he also has a bad strategy. He tries to obstruct the defender rather than chasing the ball (he tried that on at least two of the loose balls today). Soccer players do it a lot and it works in that sport. In basketball... not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom