Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2)

JB... Unreal.

tenor.gif

Boeheim comments are just getting sadder and sadder. Someone needs to have an intervention with him. He doesn’t need to go out of his way to do this - he’s just picking fights to piss people off even more (while ignoring the issues he’s ultimately responsible for). He’s behaving like a petulant child. Not going to be upset when he retires.

I'll pile on about the effort of Buddy on all loose balls.
We cant afford to have Allan get into foul trouble ever. We look like we're at the dentist with him on the pine.
We cant have Q and Marek miss all those shots in the paint. They were 6-15 from the floor combined and all the misses were good looks.. They have to convert better.
Quincy looks like he has an issue physically again. He is not finishing as strong and seems like he's lost some lift. For most of the year he attacked like a man possessed, there's something amiss there.
And we need practice in late game situations because it's pretty ugly.
I know we won but it was the worst team in our league and we just don't value the ball. I've seen enough of Marek with the long passes at crunch time. Let's get win at Yum.

I don’t think BC even hit that many threes in the time he was on the floor. The worst part as referenced above when he yelled at him after Joe threw the ball away. It was insane.
To clarify my earlier point, he said KR gave up 3 made baskets and another 2-3 wide open shots that they just missed.

To clarify my earlier point, he said KR gave up 3 made baskets and another 2-3 wide open shots that they just missed.

Yep, he wasn’t good. I don’t know if it was 3 made baskets but he did get burned a couple of times. That being said Marek played almost 3 times the mins and was just as bad if not worse ok defense. He had 0 rebounds at half against an undersized team, but by all means pile on the freshman, Jim

There was absolutely no reason for Boeheim to make the snide comment about Kadary. Hopefully, Kadary tunes these negative comments out. I would think that Buddy , can’t be happy , as his dad’s comments only seem to ratchet up the situation. Coach needs to turn off his car radio and focus on recruiting ,and game plan management.

We cant have Q and Marek miss all those shots in the paint. They were 6-15 from the floor combined and all the misses were good looks.. They have to convert better.
Let's get win at Yum.
Yup. Still at 4 sf's and our only two post players at 6'5 6'7. Sometimes you need a logical system over your best players for half a game, even if it puts you down a scorer on one end. Were doing it for 1/10 of a game in the first half atm.

Griff and Guerrier would still each have 30 minutes if you go 10 minutes each half with them on the floor together. Brass' problem is he's stuck between two really solid SF's, and he can't bump like Guerrier. If he could he would be averaging at around 8-12 ppg. Need to open up the mismatches for Guerrier and Dolezaj in the mid-high post with Ajax and Sidibe by getting a bit of inside position with their hips.

Last edited:
UNC big boys us every time on the boards. So beating them is unlikely unless we shoot the lights out. Duke is playing better now ... just in time for us. Too bad we didn't get them earlier. GT is a tough match up. Not optimistic about any road game. IMO we need to win 4-5 to have any chance of sneaking into a tourney bid.
Duke has lost 4/6, including the last 3 in a row. How is that playing better?

Buddy’s inability to get a loose ball amazes me. Three times in the 2nd half there was a loose ball near mid court, and he was the player in best position to get it each time. But all 3 times he was beaten to the ball. And that led directly to 6 BC points. I like Buddy for the most part but that was infuriating.
My reaction to the last one chased my wife from the room, which has happened more times this season than any others I can remember. The lack of fundamentals on this team is driving me to lunacy, I tell ya!

JB... Unreal.

Heard it live on the radio. For those wondering, the connective tissue in that quote was (paraphrasing) “Kadary missed 2 close outs on 3 point shooters in the first and one late. It wasn’t the forward’s fault...”. Implied the analytics will blame the forward and said that’s why analytics are useless. The analytics don’t take into account whose rotation it was in the zone.

Buddy’s inability to get a loose ball amazes me. Three times in the 2nd half there was a loose ball near mid court, and he was the player in best position to get it each time. But all 3 times he was beaten to the ball. And that led directly to 6 BC points. I like Buddy for the most part but that was infuriating.
Buddy is usually too slow to get to loose balls. Takes his body too long to move in that direction. By the time he does it’s too late.

Heard it live on the radio. For those wondering, the connective tissue in that quote was (paraphrasing) “Kadary missed 2 close outs on 3 point shooters in the first and one late. It wasn’t the forward’s fault...”. Implied the analytics will blame the forward and said that’s why analytics are useless. The analytics don’t take into account whose rotation it was in the zone.
JB claimed Kadary was -11 today. Where did he get that from?

Buddy is usually too slow to get to loose balls. Takes his body too long to move in that direction. By the time he does it’s too late.
Buddy seems to have an issue thinking once he starts for the ball that the Opp is gonna stop hustling..

On top of that we have a team that literally cant hold on to anything.. Passes/loose balls/rebounds our hands are god awful.

The stat sheet?

I didn’t see the game. All on radio. My inclination is that the forward JB was defending was Buddy. But I have no idea if he got time at SF today.

Buddy seems to have an issue thinking once he starts for the ball that the Opp is gonna stop hustling..

On top of that we have a team that literally cant hold on to anything.. Passes/loose balls/rebounds our hands are god awful.
Honestly I just think he doesn’t move very well. Reminds me of Tom Brady trying to run.

If it was never in doubt then why didn’t we got 9-10 deep? How many of our starters played over 32 minutes?
the coach didn't say it was never in doubt. That was a fan.

He said Kadary was -11 today and at least two different times went on about how bad he was defensively. And he couldn’t stop gushing over how tremendous Joe was today. It never gets old.

wonder if we will be getting the plus minus from Jim on the regular now? wont go great for the other two guards if this is a normal part of the presser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom