Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2)

i am totally thrilled about the unis this year with the script syracuse -----throwback as well one of the old nationals unis. now, if the football unis would put script syracuse on the front------it would make my day. no further comment thankyou.

If Ennis spends even 1 more year in college, I am relatively confident he would currently have 2 less zeros in his personal net worth.

Edit: People do realize that if a prospect flames out early in the NBA, that it reinforces the idea that it was a good decision to take a few million dollars while it was available right? I mean, people realize that those same reasons for the flame out would have been alternatively exposed in college (or lack of growth shown) and then ruined even that single first multimillion dollar contract.

right?
not always.

Being ready to play in the NBA is the thing that gets you PAAAAID.

There are the prospects that would never have been anything in the NBA. for those - yes! jump if you can.

But to make that blanket for all players assumes that development happens regardless of circumstances. i disagree.

there are also the players who could develop better under different conditions...some of whom actually become better players as starters in D1 NCAA than as benh scrubs in NBA where they dont really develop.

so there are 2 different scenarios...and the player himself might not actually know which category he is in. it is safer to take the money if it is there 100%...but there's a reason player rarely left early from NCAABB in the 80s and before...and why players alomost always had their best seasons as seniors prior to then...usually by a lot...players get better and develop in NCAABB.

the better you are when you enter the NBA the better your chance of having a long and lucrative career. that still is the case, despite how much things have changed.

yes...washouts from the first round are compensated so much now that players hands are generally forced even if they know they arent ready...but that doesnt mean it is the actual right decision from a basketball perspective. if the question was how can i become the best basketball player?...then a lot of times they should stay imo.

in Tyler's case...i think there was a scenario where he could have stuck in the NBA and had a much better career. the talent was there.

And I say narrative, because a year or two later there was Grant and McCullough sitting behind the bench for the FSU game, during the NBA all star break. So I’m thinking they know how to take Boeheim.

But those with no vested interest in Syracuse hoops will form narratives if you give them the material.

I see where you’re coming from but I don’t know if it’s that straight forward. There are a bunch of reasons to still come back for a game even if they weren’t really cool with JB. Watch their old teammates, visit and party with their old teammates and friends from their time at SU, go see their alumni play in a fun environment, visit their main recruiter and position coach (Autry), get the red carpet treatment from people glad to see you come back, etc.

Unfortunately, the way it works is we have to expect the 18-22 year old kids to act with more class and decency than JB. Fortunately for our program they usually do and save us from some embarrassing back and forth in the media/social media.

I'm not sure this is true as a blanket statement.

It is a factor among many.
yeah fit and opportunity and injuries and organizational quality etc...all factor in...but overall...the better a player actually is at basketball must correlate to how long (and therefore) lucrative their NBA careers are, no?

length of career = more money

being ready to jump in and perform = second and third etc contracts

being unready to jump in an perform likely means 1 contract and buh bye

but there are exceptions of course and other factors...

I’ll bet ya Kadary was inconsolable after he was told that JB read off his plus/minus stat at the presser yesterday... live look at him in his dorm room on this cold February day...

EC32ED9D-772C-4A45-A642-67FF87109361.png

yeah fit and opportunity and injuries and organizational quality etc...all factor in...but overall...the better a player actually is at basketball must correlate to how long (and therefore) lucrative their NBA careers are, no?

length of career = more money

being ready to jump in and perform = second and third etc contracts

being unready to jump in an perform likely means 1 contract and buh bye

but there are exceptions of course and other factors...

The ASSUMPTION that keeps being made is - IF these kids stayed in school for another year, they'd somehow be more ready to play Pro ball.
Because - reasons. :rolleyes:

And that is specious, at best.

The converse is the known reality - they left, and THEY GOT PAID.
SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.

Guys like KrisJo and CJ had great, 4 year college careers.
Staying another year (or 2!) did exactly nothing for their draft profiles, except make them 1-2 years older, and closing the window on how much more upside 'potential' they might have.

Tyus came back for a 3rd year (thank GOD for us!!), and if anything, his draft stock went down.

There is ZERO guarantee that guys like Ennis, CMac, Mali, Lydon, would have:
A - even gotten drafted in the first place, had they returned
B - done better in the draft, and/or in their subsequent NBA careers, had they come back.

I’ll bet ya Kadary was inconsolable after he was told that JB read off his plus/minus stat at the presser yesterday... live look at him in his dorm room on this cold February day...

View attachment 196448

You really think the program is being well served by JB using his players to go after radio show callers and message board posters? This whole thing is absurd.

The ASSUMPTION that keeps being made is - IF these kids stayed in school for another year, they'd somehow be more ready to play Pro ball.
Because - reasons. :rolleyes:

And that is specious, at best.

The converse is the known reality - they left, and THEY GOT PAID.
SOMETHING is better than NOTHING.

Guys like KrisJo and CJ had great, 4 year college careers.
Staying another year (or 2!) did exactly nothing for their draft profiles, except make them 1-2 years older, and closing the window on how much more upside 'potential' they might have.

Tyus came back for a 3rd year (thank GOD for us!!), and if anything, his draft stock went down.

There is ZERO guarantee that guys like Ennis, CMac, Mali, Lydon, would have:
A - even gotten drafted in the first place, had they returned
B - done better in the draft, and/or in their subsequent NBA careers, had they come back.
some players do improve by staying...many dont.

some players do indeed lose out by staying...its situational.

I take issue with the idea that any player shuld jump at the slightest NBA sniff, though.

IMO, being ready to jump in to the NBA and contribute immediately is huge. and a lot of that can be better at age 22 than 19 or 20, imo.

not saying there is one rule that applies to all players.

You really think the program is being well served by JB using his players to go after radio show callers and message board posters? This whole thing is absurd.
I don’t think anyone cares aside from a few self important fools on here.

Nobody cares what the coach of Syracuse b-ball says?
I don’t think they look at a coach reading a player’s stat from a game as a micro aggression with the D-Day like ramifications that y’all invent in your own obsessed minds.

BC is not a terrible team and they have several very talented players and their team gave a strong effort, never giving even down double digits. They can upset many of the teams in the ACC on any given day. It was a solid win for the Orange.

I don’t think they look at a coach reading a player’s stat from a game as a micro aggression with the D-Day like ramifications that y’all invent in your own obsessed minds.
So, if your boss in a public setting said how badly you performed at your job, that wouldn't bother you? Now picture you are a young adult and know you are better than the two guys playing in front of you, one of which never has his stats read in front of the public except when they are good. You don't think that would rankle you? Or a young adult?

BC is not a terrible team and they have several very talented players and their team gave a strong effort, never giving even down double digits. They can upset many of the teams in the ACC on any given day. It was a solid win for the Orange.
First, they were down 12 twice. Second, they are not a good team and they didn't even have all of their guys. Including their second leading scorer.

lol they are the worst team in the ACC.
My god just give our team credit without making BC appear better than they are.
We should beat the team we played yesterday 9 out of 10 times.

Says the self-important troll who gets some weird enjoyment from trashing posters on a college basketball fan forum who don’t think exactly like him.

I look forward to your next presser, coach.

I disagree with you on that. The team B.C. put on the floor against Syracuse, at Syracuse, Syracuse should and I don't think they would, ever lose to. Yesterday was as good as it would get for B.C..

They got humiliated in the first game and wanted to try to get some of their respect back, and they did to some extent. And, we did win the game.

Says the self-important troll who gets some weird enjoyment from trashing posters on a college basketball fan forum who don’t think exactly like him.

I look forward to your next presser, coach.
Handling opposing thought is very difficult for you, I know.

JB shouldn’t feel the need to say anything negative about Kadary.
The next time he says anything negative about Buddy will be the first.

The team won. JB going festivus on the fanbase is pathetic.
I hope Pat goes back at him double now.

They got humiliated in the first game and wanted to try to get some of their respect back, and they did to some extent. And, we did win the game.
Can you just stop trolling and be optimistic in spots that isn’t trolling.
BC is a terrible basketball team.

They are going to have a new HC coach next year.
They haven’t made the NCAAT since 2009:
The program is bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom