Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... BC (game 2)

I’ll bet ya Kadary was inconsolable after he was told that JB read off his plus/minus stat at the presser yesterday... live look at him in his dorm room on this cold February day...

View attachment 196448
Shocked Jim hasn’t had a cat filter on his face yet during these postgame pressers. Still some time left though.

So, if your boss in a public setting said how badly you performed at your job, that wouldn't bother you? Now picture you are a young adult and know you are better than the two guys playing in front of you, one of which never has his stats read in front of the public except when they are good. You don't think that would rankle you? Or a young adult?
So Boeheim is not allowed to critique players in press conferences now?

If the evidence of public humiliation is reading off his plus/minus then I just have to laugh at the drama created by ppl that take their bball takes way way too seriously.

JB shouldn’t feel the need to say anything negative about Kadary.
The next time he says anything negative about Buddy will be the first.

The team won. JB going festivus on the fanbase is pathetic.
I hope Pat goes back at him double now.
Yeah, again - the whole thing is just absurd. JB is (like many coaches) obviously very sensitive and thin skinned and insecure about what people say about his coaching, and we’ve known that, but this is just next level.

As for Kadary, it wasn’t one of his better games, but he did score 6 points in only 15 minutes, and his getting to the rim was a needed positive factor. He contributed to a W. The coach using him to go after “Pat”...I mean if some clown like Hurley was pulling this nonsense, we’d be having a field day on here making fun of it.

JB shouldn’t feel the need to say anything negative about Kadary.
The next time he says anything negative about Buddy will be the first.

The team won. JB going festivus on the fanbase is pathetic.
I hope Pat goes back at him double now.
How fun for you guys.

I like watching the games and rooting for the team to win. To each their own.

Can you just stop trolling and be optimistic in spots that isn’t trolling.
BC is a terrible basketball team.

They are going to have a new HC coach next year.
They haven’t made the NCAAT since 2009:
The program is bad.
I watched the game and I saw a team that gave a strong effort.

Comments like that from JB make me want him to retire after this season.
He can’t ever not take the confrontational route.
I mean, he's done and said whatever he's wanted, with impunity from his employer. I'd probably do the same if I was him.

So Boeheim is not allowed to critique players in press conferences now?

If the evidence of public humiliation is reading off his plus/minus then I just have to laugh at the drama created by ppl that take their bball takes way way too seriously.
I think we should have the Buddy rule. Boeheim is only allowed to critique players on the team to the degree he critiques Buddy. Like when Buddy got beat to two different balls because he was too slow. No mention of that. It's called fairness. Jb never mentions Buddy in a negative light. Never. And you can laugh all you want. You don't matter. The players do. And their feelings. And just maybe, that is one of the reasons why our recruiting has fallen off

I think we should have the Buddy rule. Boeheim is only allowed to critique players on the team to the degree he critiques Buddy. Like when Buddy got beat to two different balls because he was too slow. No mention of that. It's called fairness. Jb never mentions Buddy in a negative light. Never. And you can laugh all you want. You don't matter. The players do. And their feelings. And just maybe, that is one of the reasons why our recruiting has fallen off

I honestly don’t see the point in a college b-ball coach “critiquing” the play of his players publicly. In what way does it benefit anybody? If a player stunk and someone asks about it, just give some generic coach speak non answer, and move on.

How fun for you guys.

I like watching the games and rooting for the team to win. To each their own.
I root for the team to win.
The status quo of the program isn’t working and the HC can’t take part of the fanbase pushing back.
The HC is the one who should keep the outside noise out but airing his grievances doesn’t help the team.
Kadary having to be the adult and just let the words go is pathetic.

The program has been on the bubble for 7 years in a row now.
It has never missed the tournament 4 times in 7 seasons.
Also the next time JB publicly criticizes Buddy for mistakes will be a first.

SWC breaks down net points for the program. Maybe criticize who deserves it if you are going to do after a win.

You are projecting your feelings onto the players. We don’t know the players feelings.

Last edited:
Buddy against pressure defense, "Check me out Dad..."

46c18b725f4ff1db-.gif
better ball handling than our starting guards.

does Bender have any eligibility remaining?

Shocked Jim hasn’t had a cat filter on his face yet during these postgame pressers. Still some time left though.
Seriously imagine a freaking cat filter on Jim when he’s trashing analytics and radio call ins?

we need this!

Who said they didn't root for Syracuse to win? Or can you only say everything is great to be a true fan in your book?
I didn’t say anyone doesn’t root for Syracuse to win.

I said I don’t care about having radio show fights with the coach. I prefer to watch the games and root for Jim and the kids. That’s what I enjoy.

I find being so self important that they obsessively approach the coach and post on here about it as if they are accomplishing something is pretty damn hilarious to me.

I said I don’t care about having radio show fights with the coach. I prefer to watch the games and root for Jim and the kids. That’s what I enjoy.

I find being so self important that they obsessively approach the coach and post on here about it as if they are accomplishing something is pretty damn hilarious to me.
And how do you feel about the Coach engaging it?

You realize if JB didn’t make the comments none of this is happening right now.
JB should be held to the higher standard.

I understand. I think that was a little over the top. The problem is that the Coach's response was way over the top. He is the one that has kept this alive. And most of us here believe, and I think any reasonable person would believe, that he took his shots at Kadray because of the talk around town of how good Kadray is. And that is pathetic. He is a Hall of fame coach. He should act like it. That he cares what Pat or Alsacs or Jimmy from Wegmans thinks is ridiculous.

You realize if JB didn’t make the comments none of this is happening right now.
JB should be held to the higher standard.
What comment, specifically, are you referring to? The reading of a plus/minus stat?

And how do you feel about the Coach engaging it?
The fight was brought to him right? He’s allowed to defend himself and present the truth as he sees it.

Just look at Fly Rodder’s post to me. I mean, good god, are ppl completely incapable of having a back and forth without it being perceived as all out war on eachother?

I don’t get it. I find the whole thing hateful.

They are in the midst of one of the worst long term stretches of play that a major conference team has ever had, and this may be their worst team yet.
The Jets won a game last season and they were terrible. You must not watch much sports if you don't think a wounded underdog can be dangerous.

Buddy needs to get some of those loose balls. Someone needs to take a jackhammer to those cinderblocks attached to his ankles

I wonder if he would be less hesitant to go to the floor if he had knee and elbow pads... Then again, his premature transition to old manhood would be complete.

I understand. I think that was a little over the top. The problem is that the Coach's response was way over the top. He is the one that has kept this alive. And most of us here believe, and I think any reasonable person would believe, that he took his shots at Kadray because of the talk around town of how good Kadray is. And that is pathetic. He is a Hall of fame coach. He should act like it. That he cares what Pat or Alsacs or Jimmy from Wegmans thinks is ridiculous.
He’s always had thin skin. It’s part of what makes him great.

These are the things that make Tom Brady great.

For years JB has operated under the MO of criticizing the kids for the majority of the regular season and then somehow flipping the script and making it SU vs the world come tourney time ... And this Jedi mind trick has worked time and time again, for decades.

We don’t know Kadary, we don’t know his work habits or how he should be coached to bring out the best in him. When I see JB coaching Kadary on the sidelines I see a kid who can handle the hard coaching. I’ve never once seen him slouching or pissing and moaning. I’ve never seen him walk away from Jim or scowl at Jim.

Maybe Jim is giving the kid the motivation that he needs to become his best and trying to extract the kid’s peak performance the best way he knows how!

What comment, specifically, are you referring to? The reading of a plus/minus stat?
He made a point to call out only the missed defensive assignments of kadary and pointed out his +/- he never did for any player this year.
It is pretty easy to feel he did that because of the fanbase’s calling for Kadary to play more.

We don’t know Kadary, we don’t know his work habits or how he should be coached to bring out the best in him. When I see JB coaching Kadary on the sidelines I see a kid who can handle the hard coaching. I’ve never once seen him slouching or pissing and moaning. I’ve never seen him walk away from Jim or scowl at Jim.

Maybe Jim is giving the kid the motivation that he needs to become his best and trying to extract the kid’s peak performance the best way he knows how!
I agree that Kadary seems very coachable. I don’t think anybody here is questioning Boeheim coaching the kids, pushing them, being hard on them, etc.

We’re talking about the public face he’s putting forward in the media. It’s a bad look lately, IMO. At this level of ball, optics matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom