Postgame Thoughts... Clemson (game 2) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Clemson (game 2)

Of course he has. A bunch to be sure. But you all parade around here like he is a joke.

Boeheim Derangement Syndrome is setting in around here. Full of sound and hate signifying nothing.
Nope. The team has been mediocre for 7 years.
I wish JB had the energy to go and recruit like has to take cheap shots at a reporter who doesn’t kiss his a$$.

Nope. The team has been mediocre for 7 years.
I wish JB had the energy to go and recruit like has to take cheap shots at a reporter who doesn’t kiss his a$$.
You hate the guy. Many here do.

Of course none of us would even be on this forum if it wasn’t for him but, by all means, keep on pontificating. It’s cheap entertainment when we all could use it.

You hate the guy. Many here do.

Of course none of us would even be on this forum if it wasn’t for him but, by all means, keep on pontificating. It’s cheap entertainment when we all could use it.
First off I don’t hate the guy.

Second this is ridiculous. Jim Boeheim HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the fact I went to the Newhouse School.

I could have gone to Northwestern or Boston College.
Jim Boeheim isn’t why I went to Syracuse.

Your statement does imply he is a god. He has done an excellent job. It doesn’t mean the criticisms now are unjust. You do think he is a god by what you say.

The worst part about the Gutierrez thing is the sports writer community jumping to his defense. Sports writers are all about H0T Takes nowadays, it when one of their own is attacked they become really worried about respect.
All media should know that no one respects them.

I've enjoyed Matt's stuff at The Athletic (although I'm sure I would be a rabid consumer of SU hoops content regardless of who wrote it).

But I just went back through his twitter feed to figure out what this beef was all about... and I've got to say, some of what he posted during the UNC game was pretty provocative. Almost as though he's one of those reporters who is eager to become part of the story. My preference would be for JB to ignore it... but when you essentially tweet that the head coach cost the program 3 wins this year because he didn't get the distribution of minutes correct, you probably deserve a little bit of ridicule in return.

God forbid a guy who gets paid to coach basketball gets asked a provocative question or two about basketball. It's weird that people think it's disrespectful to ask a coach hard questions about their job performance in what is basically pro sports (for everyone but the players of course).

The worst part about the Gutierrez thing is the sports writer community jumping to his defense. Sports writers are all about H0T Takes nowadays, it when one of their own is attacked they become really worried about respect.
I despise a good portion of the sports media nowadays. Jim Boeheim was a jerk to Matt Gutirruez. His height is completely irrelevant. What a jerk comment.

First off I don’t hate the guy.

Second this is ridiculous. Jim Boeheim HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the fact I went to the Newhouse School.

I could have gone to Northwestern or Boston College.
Jim Boeheim isn’t why I went to Syracuse.

Your statement does imply he is a god. He has done an excellent job. It doesn’t mean the criticisms now are unjust. You do think he is a god by what you say.
Newhouse can exist without Jim Boeheim and a powerhouse basketball team. He’s not God but he is Syracuse Basketball and his HOF coaching is why we are all here. Without him this basketball program could be a complete non entity.

Kadary, a freshman guard, averages 22 mins per game for the season.
Right. Not enough IMO. He’s a way better PG than Joe. I’ve never been one of the guys questioning who JB plays the most. Think he took way too long to come around on this one though.

Right. Not enough IMO. He’s a way better PG than Joe. I’ve never been one of the guys questioning who JB plays those most. Think he took way too long to come around on this one though.
So what min/g avg would be enough?

So what would be enough?
Flip flopping his and Joe’s average minutes would be a start, and I’d probably go up a few from there too.

So, 30ish? We’re just usually better on both ends with him in there. He plays D, and can go by people. And is smart and under control - not your typical freshman in that regard. We finally struck gold at the PG spot - wish he got the keys after the Buffalo game.

The program was fine before him. He has had an amazing career and deserves to be in the HOF. Lets hope he has a strong finish and leaves the program in as good a shape as Roy left it.

All media should know that no one respects them.
Between this and your post about "Boeheim Derangement Syndrome" you've made it very easy for me to identify you as someone that's better just to ignore. Much like people that wear shirts that say "Taxation is Theft" or say "what happened to global warming?" when it snows. For that you have my thanks!

And I gotta add that part of what was frustrating is that Joe seems ideal for that 3rd guard spot. He’s kindve a “combo guard” who can play both spots. He’s got a good handle and passes well for a 2 guard. Not so much as the primary ball handler IMO, though he can handle the backup minutes there. I like him better spotting up and as a secondary ball handler.

He really is. What's the purpose of personally attacking members of the media in public?

I wonder if Juli and his kids cringe when he does stuff like this.
He could rip Gutierrez and not make it about his height.
Then he is fine from the national media.
His freaking height. That is something the 45th President would have said.

Next he will rip on the clothes he is wearing on the zoom.

Between this and your post about "Boeheim Derangement Syndrome" you've made it very easy for me to identify you as someone that's better just to ignore. Much like people that wear shirts that say "Taxation is Theft" or say "what happened to global warming?" when it snows. For that you have my thanks!
Cool story bro.

Flip flopping his and Joe’s average minutes would be a start, and I’d probably go up a few from there too.

So, 30ish? We’re just usually better on both ends with him in there. He plays D, and can go by people. And is smart and under control - not your typical freshman in that regard. We finally struck gold at the PG spot - wish he got the keys after the Buffalo game.
I don’t disagree with anything regarding Kadary. He is our best player. I think what I’m saying is that JB did not have the luxury of the cupcake portion of the schedule to feel things out. JB is legendary for his loyalty to veteran guys.

And he has a junior guard and a sophomore guard that played huge minutes for him last season who he was counting on to develop and be even better for him than they were last year. League play comes right on him and he wants to go with the guys he knows. The guys he’s seen in games and practice. Is there a thing w KR’s conditioning? I dunno, seems weird but maybe there is?

So you add all that up and it takes awhile for JB to fully develop trust. Yet the guy avgs 22 as a frosh. That’s pretty darn good all things considered.

If I was coach would he be at 30+? I think he would be for sure... but I’m not the coach so I’m not going to beat the same drum like a mad man trying to control the things I can’t control. Especially when the difference in requested PT is just slightly above negligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom