Postgame Thoughts... Clemson (game 2) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Clemson (game 2)

[EDIT: Video of the comment we're all talking about]
Eh idk..on one hand its JB...he says things and has always been that way. Sometimes I think he's misunderstood a bit. This year though he seems to be extra sensitive to what's being said about him and just can't leave it alone. Just wish sometimes he'd just let it go but he can't seem to help himself it seems. Just because he's been around for 40+ doesn't mean he's above criticism.

I’ve stopped reading his stuff on The Athletic and unfollowed him on twitter a while ago. He doesn’t do anything great reporting wise and his opinions on hoops don’t mean a thing to me so I can do without his content.

It does seem as if he’s trying to get under JB’s skin sometimes, although if you go through his twitter he goes out of his way not to criticize Buddy. He’s not shy about throwing his opinions out there outside of that.

This was very funny
I've enjoyed Matt's stuff at The Athletic (although I'm sure I would be a rabid consumer of SU hoops content regardless of who wrote it).

But I just went back through his twitter feed to figure out what this beef was all about... and I've got to say, some of what he posted during the UNC game was pretty provocative. Almost as though he's one of those reporters who is eager to become part of the story. My preference would be for JB to ignore it... but when you essentially tweet that the head coach cost the program 3 wins this year because he didn't get the distribution of minutes correct, you probably deserve a little bit of ridicule in return.

Dave Bing made JB. Without Bing JB would be an afterthought in SU basketball lore. Batman Bing made Robin Boeheim and SU bball significant. All eyes on Bing left Jimmy pretty open for a lot of easy in rhythm shots.

ETHER
The ether is that Jim Boeheim’s team, that he has coached at a HOF level for 40+ years, just won 2 huge games in a row

No one knows who this troll Matt Gutierrez is and no one ever will.

Kadary has been playing a huge roll on this team for months now. Yet somehow there is this idea that all the online & call in whiners birthed, raised, taught, recruited, coached this kid.

Hilarious.

I've enjoyed Matt's stuff at The Athletic (although I'm sure I would be a rabid consumer of SU hoops content regardless of who wrote it).

But I just went back through his twitter feed to figure out what this beef was all about... and I've got to say, some of what he posted during the UNC game was pretty provocative. Almost as though he's one of those reporters who is eager to become part of the story. My preference would be for JB to ignore it... but when you essentially tweet that the head coach cost the program 3 wins this year because he didn't get the distribution of minutes correct, you probably deserve a little bit of ridicule in return.
He also twisted JB’s words just enough to play the victim card here. Like you said he probably had it coming and if you want to act like you’re smarter than JB then you should probably know what to expect in return.

Matt’s decent at his job but I think he could probably use a couple of years at a place a little less intense than Syracuse haha

I remember back before the last 7 games the prevailing thought was that if we went 5-2 (which we did) and won 2 games in the ACCT, we'd be in. Is this still true? Or will the lack of Quad 1 wins force us to win 3?

plus minus is a stat that you can love or hate.. It doesnt really tell much of the story though.. Say you play 20 min and you are +2.. Thats great but what if you had 8 TOs and the team is -4 the other 20..

if we win 1 We are right there depending on what the other 9 bubble teams do.. Is MSU gonna lose twice to Mich and then the first round of the B10 and finish 14-13?

He sure was smiling towards the end of the game. It was directed at the refs, re Kadary and Marek's last personal foul$.
...yes in that context , the officials were damn consistent tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom