Postgame Thoughts... Clemson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Clemson

Yeah.

I understand the broader “problem” is not Mintz, but your point guard’s main duty is to set up his teammates first as the floor general. He, imo, is 99.9% focused on me first and it shows by his on court ways.

Example: Do you notice that the only time Mintz ever gets fired up, emotional, etc. is only after he scores…period! There’s nothing close to those antics and emotions when a teammate does something well, etc. at least not in my opinion or observation.

Additionally, that reverse under the basket dunk attempt (that he missed and as Bonner diplomatically uttered as extremely difficult) was all show boat watch me/what I can do garb versus simply laying it in.
This season has been toast since we got blown out by Colgate for the second year in a row. Judah is just here to showcase his talents for the NBA.

Did you notice he is now being talked about as a 1st round draft pick?

It wasn't random that he took his most perimeter shots of the season (and hit them). He officially put himself in the shop window tonite.

He will be doing the same in our final games.

He's off.
4/4 from three . This game was a death knell for him coming back. Would you come back to this mess ? Can you imagine how many steals he would have playing in a pressure man D system ? He’d be stupid to return here

Early on this season we were told to wait until the young Freshmen acclimated to the college game and the upside for the latter part of the season was huge. Yet we just played possibly our two worst back-to-back games of the year. Mintz is the only incoming player who has shown any consistency at all. And our super-soph, Williams has been a disappointment for the 2nd year in a row. A winning season is likely but a first-round loss in the ACC tournament is also likely. Disappointing season.

Two probations, being UNLV East, one blown up transition and a number of behind the scenes BS.

I’m convinced the people in power love him bc he’s a pseudo celeb for upstate NY.

At least we’re now floated by the guy hanging with Shkreli and Bilzerian.
I love posts like this. Any success SU basketball has had in the last 50 years is DESPITE Boeheim being the coach.

I get it. He should've left years ago; I agree. But don't go all revisionist history on us.

Unfortunately for Judah, no one on this team can run with him. Put him on a team with four other athletic players and watch what he could do. Everyone else looks like they’re running in quicksand.
And them not being able to move and run with him, and he gets the blame. I don't know what some people watch. No one moves, or can get a shot on their own, so guess who can? Of course he's going to have less assists and shoot more because no one else is doing sht, something HAS to happen with the possession

Early on this season we were told to wait until the young Freshmen acclimated to the college game and the upside for the latter part of the season was huge. Yet we just played possibly our two worst back-to-back games of the year. Mintz is the only incoming player who has shown any consistency at all. And our super-soph, Williams has been a disappointment for the 2nd year in a row. A winning season is likely but a first-round loss in the ACC tournament is also likely. Disappointing season.
But will Joe G punch a guy in the tourney and get suspended?

Unfortunately for Judah, no one on this team can run with him. Put him on a team with four other athletic players and watch what he could do. Everyone else looks like they’re running in quicksand.
Not true. Symir looks like he’s doing a crab walk

I went to a Fairfield-Sacred Heart lacrosse game tonight. In the cold rain. And I didn’t miss watching this program for a single se
Duke was it for me, I watched Star Wars bad batch on Disney and Picard on paramount. Yes I’m a nerd and yes it was much better than watching that dumpster fire of a game

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

I turned it off with 15 minutes left in the game. That’s the first time I’ve done that ever.
Same here around 12 minutes left. I have never left a game early or have turned it off early.

There is something going on...yes the zone is not effective, and the offense is stagnant, all that...but something has happened in the last few games to make it much worse. It seems there is a chemistry issue? Do we have a Preston Deshaun act II here?

Yes, yes it has.
But at this point, it's all I got left.
I say this selfishly...JB just can't come back. Because if he does, I'll be forced to finally walk away from this thing I've loved my entire life. It'll break my heart, but I have no other choice.
Who’s his replacement?

Yeah.

I understand the broader “problem” is not Mintz, but your point guard’s main duty is to set up his teammates first as the floor general. He, imo, is 99.9% focused on me first and it shows by his on court ways.

Example: Do you notice that the only time Mintz ever gets fired up, emotional, etc. is only after he scores…period! There’s nothing close to those antics and emotions when a teammate does something well, etc. at least not in my opinion or observation.

Additionally, that reverse under the basket dunk attempt (that he missed and as Bonner diplomatically uttered as extremely difficult) was all show boat watch me/what I can do garb versus simply laying it in.
He was fired up and emotional after he set up Girard for that 3 on a fast break. I've seen the same in the past when he's had nice passes. I don't think he's purely playing for himself but I wouldn't blame him at this point either. He was pretty fired up beating NC State a week ago.

The reality is it's hard to get assists when other guys don't get open, some are just standing there due to lack of scheme, and your big is out of position most of the time (and fumbles passes others).

Judah, of course, isn't a pass first PG and nobody ever claimed he was. I think he's gotten better at setting up teammates but he's not exactly in a great situation here either. At this point, I don't blame him for showcasing his game for the next level. What's the point?

He was fired up and emotional after he set up Girard for that 3 on a fast break. I've seen the same in the past when he's had nice passes. I don't think he's purely playing for himself but I wouldn't blame him at this point either. He was pretty fired up beating NC State a week ago.

The reality is it's hard to get assists when other guys don't get open, some are just standing there due to lack of scheme, and your big is out of position most of the time (and fumbles passes others).

Judah, of course, isn't a pass first PG and nobody ever claimed he was. I think he's gotten better at setting up teammates but he's not exactly in a great situation here either. At this point, I don't blame him for showcasing his game for the next level. What's the point?
The point is the nba game is all about the drive and kick. I agree with you that his teammates don’t do nearly enough to get open, but i rarely see him looking for those opportunities either. He masters that, he’ll move up that list quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom