Postgame Thoughts... Louisville | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Louisville

Just keep winning. Ugly wins > pretty losses every day of the week. The road to great is never a straight line. This team is still improving and needs to find some consistency, but I don't care what their record is, we never win in that building and I'll take the win and run. Let's beat the virgins on Saturday. LFGO.
I’d rather lose by one to Duke or UNC.

I hate the strategy of racking up fouls to simply burn a second off the clock. Judah got his 4th foul doing that. If this game goes to OT which it easily could have then we are screwed.
I feel like Jgs foul was an anticipation call by the ref. I might have missed a hand check due to the camera angle but it sure looked like he was playing some pretty average defense

This game will all be worth it if someone gifs Benny hulking his jersey off.
Wait what? In celebration afterwards? Or did he get tossed or foul out or something?

Brown and Taylor have to get more minutes. Watching Bell and Benny for 30 minutes is absolute torture at times.
I know that a lot of people are critical of JB for his rotations/substitutions this year (and every year, for that matter) but if Maliq and Taylor had both gotten more minutes tonight, maybe we don’t win… here are their stats from tonight. Maliq was a great big zero out there - and I like him - but how do you argue for more minutes tonight for a guy with that kind of stat line?

Bell: 19 minutes, 8 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts, 1 blk, 1 to
Taylor: 21 minutes, 3 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 2 stls

Benny: 28 minutes, 3 pts, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 to
Maliq: 11 minutes, 1 to

I know that a lot of people are critical of JB for his rotations/substitutions this year (and every year, for that matter) but if Maliq and Taylor had both gotten more minutes tonight, maybe we don’t win… here are their stats from tonight. Maliq was a great big zero out there - and I like him - but how do you argue for more minutes tonight for a guy with that kind of stat line?

Bell: 19 minutes, 8 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts, 1 blk, 1 to
Taylor: 21 minutes, 3 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 2 stls

Benny: 28 minutes, 3 pts, 3 rebs, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 to
Maliq: 11 minutes, 1 to
Taylor is really good in the zone. Bell is not.

I hate the strategy of racking up fouls to simply burn a second off the clock. Judah got his 4th foul doing that. If this game goes to OT which it easily could have then we are screwed.
Great point, JB has to put Symir in the game for those giveaway fouls. You can’t have Judah and Joe racking up meaningless fouls at that point.

A tough quad 1 road win will clearly put us on the bubble

Not to believe that so many posters want to sit Joe. Though he did have a bad TO game.

-That ending was perfect for both teams. Judah fell down inexplicably. Louisville turned the ball over but Benny could not secure a ball that a six year old could catch. But then Louisville kicked it.
-down the stretch Joe hit some critical free throws as well as a pressure three. Yes he made some turnovers and did not run back and yes he chucked up some wild shots. But they don’t win this game without him. Actually they won this game basically because he went 10 for 11 from the line. I am very critical of him but I will never not appreciate a Syracuse player who shows stones late in the game at the free-throw line.
-JB was awful tonight. Leaving bell in for the first 11 minutes of the second half when the only way Louisville could win the game was to scrap and claw and get rebounds was simply indefensible. The fact that Bell made a couple of nice shots should not have given him a free pass to stay in the game. And once again we did not foul correctly when we were up three. We did not let any time come off the clock and fouled way too early. There was no reason for Joe to put that kid on the line when he did.
-Judah is an elite talent but he is not as good as he appears to think he is. He needs to take care of the ball first and then go from there. He did not do that well tonight. But I also admired him nailing those two free throws. God knows why he had to go 100 mph and lose that ball in the last possession though, you have to be smarter than that. i’ve never seen a guy fall down so much on a basketball court unnecessarily.
-Benny was absolutely dreadful tonight. He dropped two balls that both could’ve lost us the game. I was hoping he had turned a corner against BC but then again it was against BC.
-it was nice of Jesse to show up on the defensive boards in the second half. But we cannot be competitive against anybody if he plays like he did tonight especially his no-show in the first half.
-I can’t think of any reason why bell should be starting over Taylor. Taylot takes care of the ball and plays hard on defense. He had a big steal late.
-we had 14 turnovers tonight and most of them were avoidable. If we play like that against Virginia we will have 28 turnovers.
-but we won. Louisville is absolutely horrible but I still hate them. It sure beats the hell out of the alternative. Now where do I go to get all the time back I spent worrying about getting/losing Kamari Lands? He’s brutal.
Benny was bad but did you see the sexy way he tore his jersey? Mama!