Postgame Thoughts... Louisville | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Louisville

Ville was a good team today with an AMAZING crowd, we played good D.
If Judah has to pull up we don't get good momentum to the rim. Copeland could of maybe helped us get some easier ones today (won't say better looks inside) with Ben. Everyone played well except the free throws.
Overall a good team effort. A good win. Thanks, Orange that was fun.
What was good about Louisville today?

That was a garbage effort outside of Joe and second half Jesse.

-That ending was perfect for both teams. Judah fell down inexplicably. Louisville turned the ball over but Benny could not secure a ball that a six year old could catch. But then Louisville kicked it.
-down the stretch Joe hit some critical free throws as well as a pressure three. Yes he made some turnovers and did not run back and yes he chucked up some wild shots. But they don’t win this game without him. Actually they won this game basically because he went 10 for 11 from the line. I am very critical of him but I will never not appreciate a Syracuse player who shows stones late in the game at the free-throw line.
-JB was awful tonight. Leaving bell in for the first 11 minutes of the second half when the only way Louisville could win the game was to scrap and claw and get rebounds was simply indefensible. The fact that Bell made a couple of nice shots should not have given him a free pass to stay in the game. And once again we did not foul correctly when we were up three. We did not let any time come off the clock and fouled way too early. There was no reason for Joe to put that kid on the line when he did.
-Judah is an elite talent but he is not as good as he appears to think he is. He needs to take care of the ball first and then go from there. He did not do that well tonight. But I also admired him nailing those two free throws. God knows why he had to go 100 mph and lose that ball in the last possession though, you have to be smarter than that. i’ve never seen a guy fall down so much on a basketball court unnecessarily.
-Benny was absolutely dreadful tonight. He dropped two balls that both could’ve lost us the game. I was hoping he had turned a corner against BC but then again it was against BC.
-it was nice of Jesse to show up on the defensive boards in the second half. But we cannot be competitive against anybody if he plays like he did tonight especially his no-show in the first half.
-I can’t think of any reason why bell should be starting over Taylor. Taylot takes care of the ball and plays hard on defense. He had a big steal late.
-we had 14 turnovers tonight and most of them were avoidable. If we play like that against Virginia we will have 28 turnovers.
-but we won. Louisville is absolutely horrible but I still hate them. It sure beats the hell out of the alternative. Now where do I go to get all the time back I spent worrying about getting/losing Kamari Lands? He’s brutal.

Last edited:
Just keep winning. Ugly wins > pretty losses every day of the week. The road to great is never a straight line. This team is still improving and needs to find some consistency, but I don't care what their record is, we never win in that building and I'll take the win and run. Let's beat the virgins on Saturday. LFGO.

If Judah has to pull up we don't get good momentum to the rim. Copeland could of maybe helped us get some easier ones today (won't say better looks inside) with Ben. Everyone played well except the free throws.
You have a sick idea of what’s fun. I nearly had an aneurysm!

This felt like watching SU vs Buffalo in football circa 2007 in the Greg Robinson era, two bad teams that did everything they could not to win.

I don't know if Joe fouled by accident or JB wanted to foul to put Lville on the line but 8 something seconds is way to early with this teams ball handling and rebounding issues to try and play like that. Secondly I know he slipped but Mintz had Jessie wide open, if he simply passes to him the games likely over. Lastly thank god El Ellis thinks he Allen Iverson becaue he had two guys to pass to but simply lost the ball but Benny of course couldn't corral it and the clock mercifully ran out. I felt like I was watching Utica College versus Mercyhurst out there.
Jesse knocked the ball out from Ellis, but you're spot on otherwise.

- thank god for Joe
- Judah is Judah. Some special moments but also freshman mistakes. Take the good with the bad.
- Jesse wasn’t good tonight
- rotations were terrible
- no QC? No Symir?
- Taylor was good in the 1H but didn’t do much in the 2H
- Bells leash is way too long

This is the best stretch we’ve ever seen from Joe. And thank god because he’s carrying us.

:confused:

You would think after some of our debacles this year we would learn that we don’t have the talent to just show up and win. This team at times thinks they have an on/off switch. Thankful we found a way to win or I should say we were fortunate Louisville blew it.

Expected better against a team that lost by 8 to Lipscomb, just 3 games ago.

Very glad to get out of there with a win, but this was about as demoralizing of a win as you could get.

Joe was second in rebounds with seven tonight. Be happy we got the ball inbounds (improvement over last year), but Judah has to kick it Jesse standing on the opposite wing with no one near him. I hate it when players hold it to try and get fouled instead of moving the ball. Joe is the only one you want to keep the ball and get fouled. In those situations, Judah needs to slow down and read the court. He needs some poise at end of games.

Did the game get flexed to another channel? I set my DVR to record all Cuse games and instead I’ve got a Tennessee game labeled as a Cuse game.
Yes. ESPN News

Look we have won 7/8 games were they pretty no but this team is getting better

Really? We won by one at Louisville and if their point guard made a simple pass at the end they win.

Joe was second in rebounds with seven tonight. Be happy we got the ball inbounds (improvement over last year), but Judah has to kick it Jesse standing on the opposite wing with no one near him. I hate it when players hold it to try and get fouled instead of moving the ball. Joe is the only one you want to keep the ball and get fouled. In those situations, Judah needs to slow down and read the court. He needs some poise at end of games.
He did the opposite of what you accused him of. He was trying to avoid the foul.

This felt like watching SU vs Buffalo in football circa 2007 in the Greg Robinson era, two bad teams that did everything they could not to win.

I don't know if Joe fouled by accident or JB wanted to foul to put Lville on the line but 8 something seconds is way to early with this teams ball handling and rebounding issues to try and play like that. Secondly I know he slipped but Mintz had Jessie wide open, if he simply passes to him the games likely over. Lastly thank god El Ellis thinks he's Allen Iverson because he had two guys to pass to but simply lost the ball but Benny of course couldn't corral it and the clock mercifully ran out. I felt like I was watching Utica College versus Mercyhurst out there.
thats Utica University now