Postgame Thoughts... NC State (ACCT) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... NC State (ACCT)

Best win of the year. What a joy to watch. A few thoughts.
-Buddy was obviously incredible but what I loved the most about him was how smart he played. Even when he was on fire there were no stupid heat check shots. Only one forced three. When they overplayed him he moved the ball better than I've ever seen him. Only a couple of overdribble turnovers. He even dove for a loose ball! Just a sensational performance when we needed it the most. If he played all year like he has the last few weeks he would have been second or third team all ACC.
-Best game of the year for JG3. Only one or two bad shots and one stupid turnover I can recall when he lobbed the ball crosscourt. Not a coincidence that it came in large part against Beverley, it is clear that he was confident that he could take him. JG3's handle was solid and under control against the press. Got to be happy for him. I wish he would take his time more with his free throws as he seems to rush compared to last year and his percentage has suffered.
-Jesse was an absolute game changer on the boards and defensively. Loved the wave after the rejection showing he has a little attitude in there. The kid who got countless dnps all season got 18 huge minutes in the biggest game of the season and delivered in a big way.
-Braswell played like his hair was on fire. Incredibly active d and rebounding in the first half and gave us some scoring in the second. The first three point shot clock beater was the play of he game. Like Jesse his playing time has been sporadic all year long but instead of sulking they kept themselves ready and came through when we needed them.
-AG has a few of his normal bad shot moments in the first half but he was excellent and smart in the second half. Shared the ball, played under control and went to the hoop.
-Kadary looked slow and apprehensive on both ends of the court. I assumed he would abuse Beverley but he didn't look like himself. Fortunately we didn't need him today.
-Credit JB. These kids were ready to play. They were oozing confidence, smiling and expected to win. I saw some on the game thread complaining about Jesse and Kadary barely playing in the second half but JB was smart enough to stick with what was working. I would have liked him to sub Jesse for Quincy around the 10 minute mark when Q had 3 fouls and the refs were calling everything but that is a nitpick.
-Thrilled to not have to sweat this one out. NC State came in red hot and we ran them off the court. We should be in. Still would like to see a nice performance against Virginia tomorrow, we owe them one.

Kadary seemed like he didn’t have the space to work today.

Kadary seemed like he didn’t have the space to work today.
As in whenever he tried to take his defender off the dribble the lane was log jammed by both defenders and our own players.

Anyone else catch that Kadary seemed dejected and was first in the tunnel. I understand he wants to play, and we need him. This was one game I was okay with him not playing so much. Coming off an injury and what’s ahead in UVA we will really need all hands on deck then. He will get his time and probably will be tomorrow.
looked very gimpy when put back into game for last two minutes

l think the kids are playing better because their not playing scared of a quick hook which is a credit to coach...jmo

Greensboro seems to agree with us on this 2 game winning streak there.
...and I couldn't be happier against my two most favorite teams to beat. UNC and NC St

Yeah, I was half listening to my meeting and half watching the game. It wasn't great.
I have a zoom class meeting from 1 to 2:30 tomorrow. And I know the instructor and can’t not show up. Oh, WOE is I! I could possibly zoom the class and watch the game on mute but . . . . Nah, I don’t think I can pull that off.

I have a zoom class meeting from 1 to 2:30 tomorrow. And I know the instructor and can’t not show up. Oh, WOE is I! I could possibly zoom the class and watch the game on mute but . . . . Nah, I don’t think I can pull that off.
I've got an 11-2 call tomorrow. Really don't need me to be on there...

Additional side bonus: it was nice ending Beverly’s college playing career after all those times he scorched us early in his playing career.

I actually sort of like the guy .. stupid little thing like him helping buddy up after he fouled him on the 4 point play ...

This may have been mentioned by others earlier, but Jesse Edwards is coming on strong. The game seems to be slowing down for him, his hands are getting better from game to game, and he appears do be in the early stages of developing some low post footwork. He’s a little strength, a baby hook, or a drop step away from becoming a real solid contributor.

This may have been mentioned by others earlier, but Jesse Edwards is coming on strong. The game seems to be slowing down for him, his hands are getting better from game to game, and he appears do be in the early stages of developing some low post footwork. He’s a little strength, a baby hook, or a drop step away from becoming a real solid contributor.
We have lots of offensive firepower on this team. If our center could just get rebounds and stop the opponent center from backing down to get a layup, it would be a huge plus. I think at this point, he has proven he is solid defensively and can get rebounds. The added benefit we get from playing Marek at forward instead of center really makes it attractive to play Jesse a lot,

I like that Jesse isn’t even fouling a ton (and this helps Marek avoid serious foul trouble).

I think your computer may need to get worked on at your favorite shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom