Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2

Thinking about it from the perspective of a non-SU fan….we’re 8-10 with the coach’s two sons leading the team in minutes and shots. The blue chip recruit you just brought in rides the pine.

I dunno. Kind of wild.
I got it now!!! There should have been more Boeheim sons!!!

Then just maybe, we can recruit more than 3 guards and one of them can be a true Point Guard
JB isn't leaving anytime soon, so people might as well get used to this type of team. Really don't expect all the 5 recruits to show up in the fall, if they don't enroll, they can transfer and play. 3 of the women recruits signed LOI, and transferred, and are playing this year.

I have a crazy idea.

Now hear me out.

Maybe someday we try recruiting a center who is already strong, and not a beanpole who needs four years to add 15 pounds.

I know, I know, it’s lunacy.

This is where we completely erred in our attempt to become the "zoned" version of Notre Dame.

1. You need a beefy white center. It's a pretty important requirement if we're modeling ourselves after their more successful squads. We went white everywhere else, but not at center. :(

2. You also need a capable ball handler at PG, and an athletic 3 or 4. A bouncy sort of fellow for one of the forward spots will suffice, but he should be able to shoot a bit as well and dribble. We hit on the "shoot a bit" but neglected the bounciness and the dribbling. :(

The rest of your team can be awash with Boeheim Boys, but those two things are most certainly required. We really muddied the whole thing up by trying to go with a slender bouncy 5, and a SF that sort of plays like their 5s, but too tiny to actually be a 5.

That doesn't' always stop us from trying our SF (Jimmy) at the 5, but still, it just doesn't work that way.

I assume we had a spreadsheet, someone mixed up some rows or columns and the roster ended up a bloody mess.

I blame the assistant coaches.

The issue is that Jimmy is a starter getting 35 minutes a game.

If we were 18-2 people would say JB’s press conference bus-throwing is funny.
Am I the only one that really doesn’t like watching Jimmy play? He plays like an old man with no athleticism and then complains about every foul. It’s really something

They have been pretty consistent at shutting it down this year. Must be on the clock!
I think the last one accidentally went quite long afterward. This one, seemed like BOOM—right at the horn or something.

JB has never huddled with or consulted with his assistants during a timeout. Not Hop, not Murphy, not Weaver, not Fine. He’s just never done it. I did see once in a great while Hop would walk past him and say something to him. But that’s it. Has nothing to do with the current assistants.
Was that the same when he was an assistant to K during the Olympics? Did K consult JB during games?

I have a crazy idea.

Now hear me out.

Maybe someday we try recruiting a center who is already strong, and not a beanpole who needs four years to add 15 pounds.

I know, I know, it’s lunacy.
But corner 3

Like I said... after Sunday night I feel nothing. And this made nothing turn even into more nothing-ness. Really... nothing like it.
After sunday .. I’m in full entropy mode .. lose all the rest of the games and purge it all

Never been less upset over a loss. This is the first time as a Syracuse fan where I don't care whether they win or loose. Nothing worse then to be a fan of an irrelevant team.
Not true .. as a bills fan .. I’m in a much better mental space vis a vis my SU fandom vs that of the bills

Am I the only one that really doesn’t like watching Jimmy play? He plays like an old man with no athleticism and then complains about every foul. It’s really something
Jimmy should complain every time a foul call sends him to the line...

The issue is Jim criticizes everyone but his kids. Jimmy played a horrible game. Maybe his worst of the year and he doesnt sit and doesn't get mentioned by his Dad yet he calls out other players .
Don’t forget he said Jimmy needed to Make his FTs in one presser a month ago! See! He trashes his kids!

JB is making sure Benny and Jesse leave. Buddy, Jimmy, Cole, Sidibe will be gone.

So whoever (hopefully) takes over next year starts with JG3, Symir, and 5 freshman none of whom will contribute right away

Yeah, people keep acting like Jesse’s coming back for sure, because he’s not ready to go Pro.

That’s irrelevant.

He’s absolutely ready to hit the Portal, to go to a program where the HC doesn’t trash him in every presser, even though he’s clearly our best 2-way player, by far.

Devils advocate - why would he stay?

/ crickets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom