Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Pitt game 2

How long are you going to defend this guy?
Not sure bees in defending anyone, he just provides counterpoints to arguments. At least how I see it. Doesn’t mean I agree with him

That’s completely taken out of context. He’s talking about his strength and how he was getting bumped around. And that he’s a good player but to be a great player he’ll need to get stronger.
Yeah but it’s strange how he identifies him every game as problem 1 or 2. He always says he’s getting pushed around, doesn’t know how to play yet, disappears etc. it’s weird because the fanbase would say hands down that Jesse is most improved and maybe the best overall player right now. JB is going out of his way to criticize when he could focus on others.

Saying Buddy is shooting lower percentage because he takes all the tough shots no one wants to is a complete pass. Cole, Jimmy and even Buddy for the most part have been awful most of the year in most phases.

JB’s comments on Jesse were and are a joke.

He is by far and away the best player on this team. He can’t control when he isn’t fed the ball.
Jesse is a good kid and never says anything. The comments about Jesse’s game were everything short of calling him soft. Which is a joke.
If the HC doesn’t want to speak negatively about Buddy fine. Then treat Jesse the same way.

He honestly should just cancel his postgame press conferences when almost went Jim Mora on one question and his condescension towards Mike Waters who is a pro’s pro and never asks anything out of line is just disgusting.

JB can’t give fans a reason to want to sympathize. He just has to come off smug and rude. I don’t get it. If he wants to be Belichick towards the media fhen talk like Belichick and take all the blame and say nothing about the players.

It’s just sad. Stop talking about Edwards. It really comes off like he wants to tell fans you like this kid well fans bleep off.

Exactly. You can't call out one player when a number of other players played just as bad if not worse. This has become a pattern. And the kid who is constantly skating is his son. That is just wrong. Either he cant see it, or refuses to see it, in either regard its very poor coaching and more importantly, its even worse leadership.
Its horrible leadership. Ill be shocked if Benny and Frank Ajok all dont leave. I also wont be surprised if a few of the incoming frosh dont show. Having Buddy Jimmy and his third son Joe on the team is fine. How he treats them in relationship to the other players isn’t. I truly believe something is seriously off with JB.

Can he cover the corner 3?
Ever since Bernie left, JB can't recruit a quality "BIG".
Heck we've had to go to Europe to find someone who can play the "5".
Lydon was a 3/4 forced to play the middle of the "vaunted" 2-3 zone.
To think Joe G. could be a point guard at the D1 level...
Something is VERY wrong with this program.

JB is making sure Benny and Jesse leave. Buddy, Jimmy, Cole, Sidibe will be gone.

So whoever (hopefully) takes over next year starts with JG3, Symir, and 5 freshman none of whom will contribute right away
If we are fortunate enough for this, they’ll be better

I just don’t see any other coach in America trashing his players the way JB does. Jesse is one of the most improved players in the country (thanks Griff) and yet he takes a beating. I honestly don’t know who would ever want to play for JB
The last sentence is my biggest concern and his speaking ill of players won't end when his kids leave. I'm just glad the players seem to be not as thin skinned as the over the hill coach.

He is by far and away the best player on this team. He can’t control when he isn’t fed the ball.
Jesse is a good kid and never says anything. The comments about Jesse’s game were everything short of calling him soft. Which is a joke.
If the HC doesn’t want to speak negatively about Buddy fine. Then treat Jesse the same way.

He honestly should just cancel his postgame press conferences when almost went Jim Mora on one question and his condescension towards Mike Waters who is a pro’s pro and never asks anything out of line is just disgusting.

JB can’t give fans a reason to want to sympathize. He just has to come off smug and rude. I don’t get it. If he wants to be Belichick towards the media fhen talk like Belichick and take all the blame and say nothing about the players.

It’s just sad. Stop talking about Edwards. It really comes off like he wants to tell fans you like this kid well fans bleep off.
It comes off as that because it’s exactly what it is. He’s telling us we don’t know what we’re watching and he needs to coach up our eyes to see the truth

I have a crazy idea.

Now hear me out.

Maybe someday we try recruiting a center who is already strong, and not a beanpole who needs four years to add 15 pounds.

I know, I know, it’s lunacy.
and/or we take a look at our S&C program and ask why it seems that none of our bigs ever get stronger.

He whines like he's got the cred of Rick Barry. No stripe should reward those stampedes to the hoop with a one handed twisting semi hook.
That is a good analogy.

and/or we take a look at our S&C program and ask why it seems that none of our bigs ever get stronger.
And how many of our guys immediately become jacked when they leave for various pro leagues .. I mean literally months later

He whines like he's got the cred of Rick Barry. No stripe should reward those stampedes to the hoop with a one handed twisting semi hook.
This is a bad look

People do because they can - JB can continue to act like a horse's a-- because he has been allowed to for so long with no leash or concern of blowback.

I am firmly putting this on ADJW and other administrators - step up and take the program back.

Not sure bees in defending anyone, he just provides counterpoints to arguments. At least how I see it. Doesn’t mean I agree with him
You see one thing, I see another.

How long are you going to defend this guy?

That’s not defending anyone. That’s clarifying another media statement.

That's a clever attempt at hair splitting.

Because it isn't entirely factual. If you mean that JB doesn't consult with ACs do draft up plays during "timeouts," sure.

But let's consider that JB has several consistent ways that he utilizes timeouts. Sometimes, he uses the entirety of the time railing on officials. Or sometimes he uses the entirety of the timeout chewing out a player for some mistake they made. Other times, he's drawing up a play.

Across all three scenarios [and in particular the first two], the assistant coaches often are chiming in, or outright organizing things with the players / team while JB is preoccupied.

Just so we can dispense with the subtext that the ACs have all of this strategic insight they want to provide, but are somehow being neglected by JB.

Because if what you are saying is true, then essentially the AC staff is comprised of a bunch of glorified team managers who certainly shouldn't be considered as head coaching material.
Yes Men, that have no new ideas. Just repeat what JB wants

ive criticized S&C for years but to be fair Jesse has gotten stronger since he arrived at 185 or 190 lbs but I cant think of many other examples

That’s completely taken out of context. He’s talking about his strength and how he was getting bumped around. And that he’s a good player but to be a great player he’ll need to get stronger.
Did he talk about how his sons need to get better as well?

Its horrible leadership. Ill be shocked if Benny and Frank Ajok all dont leave. I also wont be surprised if a few of the incoming frosh dont show. Having Buddy Jimmy and his third son Joe on the team is fine. How he treats them in relationship to the other players isn’t. I truly believe something is seriously off with JB.
Frank Ajok Akok would be a huge loss ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom