Postgame thoughts... UNC | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts... UNC

I also don't thing JG lost us the game.
You can look at almost all the SU players in the game tonight and at some point in the game they made a horrible play. Quincy was easily the best player on the court but he let that guy go backdoor on him for a critical basket. Joe went 2-7 and had a horrible turnover and then intentionally fouled the player leading to a 4-point play for UNC. We lost the lead and never regained it. Richmond had a terrible turnover with SU having a chance to take the lead. Griffin had 6 turnovers. Marek was MIA for most of the night. The thing is that it always seems to be us making the mistakes down the stretch instead of the other team.

Kadary wasn’t helping us win this game today. Joe didn’t either. The list of guys who help us win is Buddy, Guerrier...
Right but at the end of the day I want the guy with more upside playing who can actually defend and create a bit as I said in the above post. I’m tired of horrible defense, shot selection, and getting swatted into the stands.

You can look at almost all the SU players in the game tonight and at some point in the game they made a horrible play. Quincy was easily the best player on the court but he let that guy go backdoor on him for a critical basket. Joe went 2-7 and had a horrible turnover and then intentionally fouled the player leading to a 4-point play for UNC. We lost the lead and never regained it. Richmond had a terrible turnover with SU having a chance to take the lead. Griffin had 6 turnovers. Marek was MIA for most of the night. The thing is that it always seems to be us making the mistakes down the stretch instead of the other team.

Most of that hopefully is fixable.

Right but at the end of the day I want the guy with more upside playing who can actually defend and create a bit as I said in the above post. I’m tired of horrible defense, shot selection, and getting swatted into the stands.

Where is the offense Kadary created?

Well, clearly more here agree with me than you.

I don’t think anybody has accused syracusefan of being an encyclopedia of basketball knowledge, so I’ll take that as a compliment

its all lies. we were up a point with a couple minutes left and had played FAR from perfect. what cost us the game was terrible decisions by the players and the coach who put the players who make terrible decisions, in a position where their decisions could cost us.
I can't remember the last time in the last few minutes of a close game I remarked to myself "crap, we have our starting lineup back in."

This was not a blame Joe kind of game. There is plenty of blame to pass around to almost everyone. I thought Griff had an awful game. Dude had a ton of TOs, he can't dribble in traffic.

Marek is working hard defensively, I feel for him, but he had 6 points in 35 mins. That isn't going to cut it.

You wouldn’t want to play 4 on 5 to have a better defensive player in the game, would you.

Keita, Fab Melo, etc etc etc
Fab Melo was an offensive threat. Center is a much more valuable defensive position than guard. A center is never left unguarded but the defenders can more easily leave a guy like Keita to help out. Nobody guards Kadary on the outside. They play back clogging the middle and wait for him to drive. I like him. Great potential. But he has to improve his outside shooting.

No coach would tolerate firing up long range shots for the hell of it. You are very naive to think that.

Don’t you know a contested three at the college line is better than an uncontested three 2.5 feet further back?

Well, at least for the first half.
Yeah but I am gonna give the kid the credit.
If he doesn’t get hot in the last 4 minutes of the first half we are down double digits at halftime.

This was not a blame Joe kind of game. There is plenty of blame to pass around to almost everyone. I thought Griff had an awful game. Dude had a ton of TOs, he can't dribble in traffic.

Marek is working hard defensively, I feel for him, but he had 6 points in 35 mins. That isn't going to cut it.

Griff gets LVP from me tonight. Overall this year, he has not been the player I heard about in the limited offseason we had.

I ACCUSE Syracusefan of being an encyclopedia of basketball knowledge !!
1610513870070.png

Think we're all looking for 20-25 and Joey Jesus to also only be at 25. JG is an "elite shooter" that is shooting 34% from the field through 2 years and isn't particularly good at anything else except ft shooting. It doesn't appear that he's going to magically get more athletic or longer so he basically is what he is and most of us are terrified hes going to continue averaging 33mpg for the next 2.5 years.
KR played 16 and Joe played 26.

The main problem with Kadary is that until he can prove he can hit from outside on occasion defenses will sag off of him and we are playing 4 on 5.

Man I think this is a myth... KR can pretty much get the rim when he wants. He's 6'5 and if you give him two steps before you engage him, you're not going to stop him. He seems to have a decent midrange and plays downhill when he attacks. The way I see it, he needs a 3pt shot to complete his game, but he's too much of a problem to back off him now.

Where is the offense Kadary created?
When I’m watching the offense flows better with him in the game cause he can actually get in the lane and knows what to do with the ball, that alone is more effective in my mind. Joe is an average three point shooter who can’t do anything else. So if you want to say that’s a wash then fine but Kadary is worlds better on D, whereas Joe is a complete liability

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom