Postgame Thoughts... UVA (game 2) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UVA (game 2)

Brutal, I mean just brutal. Great come back performance after the VT debacle but it’s hard to fathom how this team can continually struggle to make shots at the end of games. This loss falls on Jesse though, seniors CANNOT make those plays at the end of games
He's not capable of making plays he's asked to make. He's not a post player. It's coaching negligence we keep asking him to be. Also negligent that he's been here years and is still weak, has no moves, and can't finish.

Maliq is finally the entrenched starter. About time.

Bell showed a lot of character after being benched to start the 2H. Credit to him.

If Joe is supposed to be our "best" player, he has to show up more consistently.

Going to Jesse over and over on the low block down the stretch is a huge miss. He's not a low post player that you can run everything through. He's not that talented in that way.

I don't know. JB has to be better. Has to be.

He's not capable of making plays he's asked to make. He's not a post player. It's coaching negligence we keep asking him to be. Also negligent that he's been here years and is still weak, has no moves, and can't finish.
Maybe he should stop dropping the ball on pick and rolls then lol. You can’t be a pick and roll guy when you’re letting balls bounce off your hands and out of bounds

I can’t recall a team in Syracuse history that failed worse at end of game execution than this squad. I guess we can attribute it to youth. Perhaps it will pay dividends next year but right now it’s super painful to watch.
Only one I can think of that challenges this squad are those knucklehead Paul Harris teams

Water Fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Maybe he should stop dropping the ball on pick and rolls then lol. You can’t be a pick and roll guy when you’re letting balls bounce off your hands and out of bounds

Maybe Hima or Brown should play the 5. Jesse 10 mins a game? That sound better?

Maybe Hima or Brown should play the 5. Jesse 10 mins a game? That sound better?
Or Jesse just uses his 7 foot 240 pound frame to play like a center. Dude is getting by 6’8 200 pounders

When they’re making shots, their defense is porous.

When their defense is working, their offense is stuck in the mud.

When they’re out rebounding the opponent, they’re turning the ball over.

When they’re winning in all facets of the game, they’re not making their free throws.

This team just can’t win the tough games.

Maliq is finally the entrenched starter. About time.

Bell showed a lot of character after being benched to start the 2H. Credit to him.

If Joe is supposed to be our "best" player, he has to show up more consistently.

Going to Jesse over and over on the low block down the stretch is a huge miss. He's not a low post player that you can run everything through. He's not that talented in that way.

I don't know. JB has to be better. Has to be.
would have been interesting if we went Taylor at the 2 and Bell at the 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom