Postgame Thoughts... UVA (game 2) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UVA (game 2)

Well for those sick of the Noon ACCT games SU is playing it’s way to a 10 seed or lower

We played well.
-There was no reason to trust Jesse to win the game. We got good looks other ways. You have to understand that he is not a good passer, not a dominant post scorer and will not set up other players for good looks. Just indefensible offensive strategy to run it through a guy who can’t dribble or pass.
-Symir was terrific. Joe was not. Shockingly JB did go offense defense one time but Joe cannot score against Virginia and Symir would’ve been a big help to keep the ball moving.
-Brown and Jesse both went without a rest. I can’t fathom how you can ask two big men to play the zone and not give them a breather.
-Judah was absolutely outstanding. Got good looks and did not force the ball. Very impressed to see him come back and play that type of game.
-Taylor also played well and I was happy to see him score by putting the ball on the ground. I’m sure he is kicking himself for missing a couple of those open threes but that happens unfortunately
-I thought yanking bell for one turnover was pathetic. Give him credit for coming back and playing hard and making some important free throws and a three.
-we don’t know the whole story but I wonder if Benny felt good about watching Brown play for 40 minutes. Or if I wonder if he realizes that he could have been used tonight and put us over the top.

Last edited:
Fundamentals. No rebounding. Lack of discipline. Boeheim teams MO. It’s sad but the guy gets outcoached left and right.

I hate it but it’s the truth. He can’t beat teams with similar in talent.

Maybe he should stop dropping the ball on pick and rolls then lol. You can’t be a pick and roll guy when you’re letting balls bounce off your hands and out of bounds
His pick and roll game is Duncanesque as compared to his post game.

What did you want him to do when the our plan was to let the center get doubled. He dove to the basket.
He had some chances for an open 10 footer. If he can't hit that shot Edwards will continue to be doubled. I'm not looking for him to do it this year but it is something he will need to do in the future to really be effective.

-we don’t know the whole story but I wonder if Benny felt good about watching Brown play for 40 minutes. Or if I wonder if he realizes that he could have been used tonight and quit on his teammates.
and if he cares about that

We played well.
-There was no reason to trust Jesse to win the game. We got good looks other ways. You have to understand that he is not a good passer, not a dominant post scorer and will not set up other players for good looks. Just indefensible offensive strategy to run it through a guy who can’t dribble or pass.
-Symir was terrific. Joe was not. Shockingly JB did go offense defense one time but Joe cannot score against Virginia and Symir would’ve been a big help to keep the ball moving.
-Brown and Jesse both went without a rest. I can’t fathom how you can ask two big men to play the zone and not give them a breather.
-Judah was absolutely outstanding. Got good looks and did not force the ball. Very impressed to see him come back and play that type of game.
-Taylor also played well and I was happy to see him score by putting the ball on the ground. I’m sure he is kicking himself for missing a couple of those open threes but that happens unfortunately
-I thought yanking bell for one turnover was pathetic. Give him credit for coming back and playing hard and making some important free throws and a three.
-we don’t know the whole story but I wonder if Benny felt good about watching Brown play for 40 minutes. Or if I wonder if he realizes that he could have been used tonight and quit on his teammates.
Torrence is better

Benny back Wednesday. We welcome him back. He is a good shooter and could have made a big basket tonight

8 pts on 5 FG attemps, 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 one block. Played full 40.

Really? More on the offensive end? If he did more on the offensive end the kid would be leaving for the draft this year.
And Maliq plays smart, positions himself well, and avoids TO's.
Hope he's ready stamina-wise for big minutes the rest of the season

8 pts on 5 FG attemps, 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 one block. Played full 40.

Really? More on the offensive end? If he did more on the offensive end the kid would be leaving for the draft this year.
I love the guy but he is currently limited on the offensive end. I think every point he has scored this year has been on dunks. All I'm saying is he has to develop into more than a dunker to improve his game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom