Postgame Thoughts... UVA (game 2) | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... UVA (game 2)

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Another gut punch L. Had several possessions when up 4 in the second half and couldn't extend. Some critical missed FTs too. Just don't make enough winning plays. Very frustrating to watch ... AGAIN.

Jesse and Joe both had too many moments of poor play that we cannot afford in most games, but especially ones against good teams. Slim margin for error. Simple things like poor closeouts, over dribbling. And ISOLATING JESSE WITH THE BALL WAY TOO FAR OUT LATE. IT IS BAD BASKETBALL. IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY A BAD IDEA!

Really like the minutes the freshmen are getting though. Taylor had some good looks he couldn't convert but I will always take those. Bell with some great effort after being benched early. Maliq just plays well, a lot.

Still waiting on a quality win...

Brutal, I mean just brutal. Great come back performance after the VT debacle but it’s hard to fathom how this team can continually struggle to make shots at the end of games. This loss falls on Jesse though, seniors CANNOT make those plays at the end of games

Team played hard but at the end of the day we slipped on the banana and had our shoulders counted 1-2-3.

Upperclassmen let down the Freshmen today. Can't have our SR's play like that and beat the #6 team in the nation. They need to rise up and lead the team down the stretch but they failed. Freshman played their hearts out today.

Glad we played well and kept it close never felt like we'd actually win because end of game execution is so poor and tonight is no different.

Wish the ACCT started sooner might be 5 more long weeks.

Don't even know what to say. This program just sucks the life out of us as fans time and time again.

There can't be an argument left on earth for the 2-3 zone as an exclusive defense.
It's called Groundhog Day.

Another gut punch L. Had several possessions when up 4 in the second half and couldn't extend. Some critical missed FTs too. Just don't make enough winning plays. Very frustrating to watch ... AGAIN.

Jesse and Joe both had too many moments of poor play that we cannot afford in most games, but especially ones against good teams. Slim margin for error. Simple things like poor closeouts, over dribbling. And ISOLATING JESSE WITH THE BALL WAY TOO FAR OUT LATE. IT IS BAD BASKETBALL. IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY A BAD IDEA!

Really like the minutes the freshmen are getting though. Taylor had some good looks he couldn't convert but I will always take those. Bell with some great effort after being benched early. Maliq just plays well, a lot.

Still waiting on a quality win...

Didn't watch most of the game and predicted the ending early this afternoon. Not worth 2 hours to watch SU give up in the last 5 minutes like they have the last 2+ years. Program is what it is until SU finally decides to act.

As soon as Jesse got the ball I was thinking charge. What happened to flopping though? I thought they were going to change the way that play is called. No way that string bean plows over that big dude. Sure Jesse lowered his shoulder but he isn’t knocking him over on the playground.
Typical su though. Can’t close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom