Postgame Thoughts... Wake Forest ACCT | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Wake Forest ACCT

We had the ball with 30 seconds left in a tie game and I knew we were going to lose
We had the lead
They had five guys in front of Wake bringing the ball up court. Wake just did what they wanted to knowing that SU was going to fall back into a 2-3 zone and not double their shooters. They overloaded one side and forced Benny to guard three guys, a 30% 3PT shooter, a 36% 3PT shooter, and a 38.3% shooter.

View attachment 225799

View attachment 225801
He caught it at 3 seconds left. He literally could have passed to 2 other guys for even more open looks. And we have essentially 4 guys around Appleby

He caught it at 3 seconds left. He literally could have passed to 2 other guys for even more open looks. And we have essentially 4 guys around Appleby
Yeah, and that's the other problem. Every guy WF had out there can and will hit a three - though they should have forced Hildreth and Carr to make the shot. Leaving every guy but one with space and at worst 1-1 while hoping they miss is just poor strategy when all five can shoot to some degree.

Hak got one in 2003, and JAB never forgot it.

We had the lead

It was tied. They won 77-74, unless you have some different math.

This is a sadder feeling than I thought itd be. Jim, in the end, is a big part of Cuse

Not sure what this is supposed to prove. There are many nuances to teams, coaches, and coaching records. The other poster said JB was a bad coach and fattened up on cupcakes (as if no one else has) and I said that was silly because it is.
JB has a great % against higher seeds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom