Postgame thoughts.. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

Best passer definitely debatable.

But im sure if he played 40 mins tonight we wouldve won by 50. He is the DIFFERENCE. Give him the keys!!

He just hasnt shown me anything yet besides being a really good defensive player. All im saying

13 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, and 5 steals per 40. Watch closer.

As for “best passer” only Marek is close. Nobody else is remotely close to being in the same league. But Kadary is better.

i was out most of the day & had to listen to the waer feed, so i can't really say anything about what i've seen

but one thing i did take note of, and have just double checked it on the play by play

northeastern hit a 3 at the 6:11 mark to go up by 6. jb immediately called a timeout and lit into the team for it's defense. at that point, the huskies had hit 7 of 14 triples. coming out of that timeout, they didnt hit another in the half and went 2/14 the rest of the way. and syracuse won the game from that point forward by 43-31.

so, yeah. i guess maybe this one is on the coach.

drink.

If you think anyone rivals Kadary's passing, I don't know what to tell you. He is far and away the best passer on this team. It's not close.

I would argue Marek is just as good of a passer.

The shiny new toy though

It's way simple to solve.

Post up Guerrier.

Boom. Done.
he shouldve had at least 20 shots this game...only 10 is criminal.

but theres also the not be too obvious for the other more important teams scouting...

maybe they just tried to win vanilla so as not to give much away...idk

i was out most of the day & had to listen to the waer feed, so i can't really say anything about what i've seen

but one thing i did take note of, and have just double checked it on the play by play

northeastern hit a 3 at the 6:11 mark to go up by 6. jb immediately called a timeout and lit into the team for it's defense. at that point, the huskies had hit 7 of 14 triples. coming out of that timeout, they didnt hit another in the half and went 2/14 the rest of the way. and syracuse won the game from that point forward by 43-31.

drink.

NE’s best player Walker, averaging 24 and 5 coming in, got hurt midway through the game. Big factor.

Disagree 100%. I've watched kadary beat his man off the dribble and penetrate on offense when JG3/Buddy can't. Hes good at getting to the basket but has been reluctant in doing this especially this game. Hes playing somewhat timid and I think that will change with the more PT he gets. Don't get the slow to the ball statement either(is someone actually saying hes slower to the ball then what jg3/buddy are??? because thats crazy talk) Literally the only thing on the offensive side of the ball that jg3/buddy have over Kadary is the deep ball. Its not a shiny new toy thing. We will absolutely need JG3/Buddy to win games but Kadary is the best option we have running the PG for our offense to thrive and is absolutely the best guy we have to play up top of the zone. This doesn't mean we need to play him 30+ a game too...JB needs to fricken use his dang bench a little more but that's been talked about enough on here and JB gunna JB no matter what!
i dont think he is timid i just think he has been given orders not to shoot unless wide open(then only maybe) if he wants to stay in the game so he complies.

Marek is decent for a big guy, but he can't dribble and make an immediate pass the way Richmond does.

Exactly. Marek is great at what he can do. But yeah, he can’t pass off the dribble, can’t pass with his left hand, etc. He can hit cutters and make great kick outs from the high post and nice skip passes. He’s not as versatile with it as Kadary.

Kadary feeding Marek in the post late was such a thing of beauty...not because it’s complicated but because we haven’t had a guard that does it in...I can’t remember how long. Unfortunately Marek missed.

Glad I missed the second half. Keeps me from my typical overreaction.

Tonight was about just getting a win. We need Sid back and we need to have a complete team playing and practicing together. This was just good to ensure we didn't drop a freebie like we almost did vs Bryant too.

i dont think he is timid i just think he has been given orders not to shoot unless wide open(then only maybe) if he wants to stay in the game so he complies.
Maybe shooting the deep ball/jump shots...kadarys game coming out of highschool was big on breaking down/beating guys off the dribble and getting to the hoop. He hasn't done a ton of that yet at this level but I think we have yet to see all he can do. I think he's still playing a bit shy as far as what he can do offensively for us. He did miss a few floaters short tonight that he needs to start making consistently tho. I think the more pt and comfortable he gets the more we will see him create for himself and others. He's definitely working within the confines of Jbs scheme for sure. I think he can do more.

NE’s best player Walker, averaging 24 and 5 coming in, got hurt midway through the game. Big factor.
i know that. i also know we had pretty much contained him to that point & he hadn't made a big impact on the game. it was their unconscious 3 pt shooting. we shut that down & ground them down even with only 3 effective offensive players

i know that. i also know we had pretty much contained him to that point & he hadn't made a big impact on the game. it was their unconscious 3 pt shooting. we shut that down & ground them down even with only 3 effective offensive players

He had 4 assists. They were getting lots of open 3’s. He was a factor in that. They were easier to guard with him out.

Good offensive player for them goes out, good defensive guard for us was largely in.

Yeah, this seemed like a moment that was pretty hard to miss. They were stagnant after that.

This team still doesn’t play with a purpose on offense. The ball needs to be touched by Marek and Quincy every time down the court. Make teams double Quincy. This will open up the shooters. We go too many possesions without Quincy touching the ball unless he gets an offensive rebound. Our offense gets into a rhythm when we get inside buckets. Think of BC and Rutgers, when we get inside other thins open up. Our guards need to get our bigs touches and don’t start the game just jacking up threes.

This team still doesn’t play with a purpose on offense. The ball needs to be touched by Marek and Quincy every time down the court. Make teams double Quincy. This will open up the shooters. We go too many possesions without Quincy touching the ball unless he gets an offensive rebound. Our offense gets into a rhythm when we get inside buckets. Think of BC and Rutgers, when we get inside other thins open up. Our guards need to get our bigs touches and don’t start the game just jacking up threes.

Our best passing guard with highest b-ball IQ would help greatly. 25-30 mpg at the point guard spot out of him raises our upside significantly IMO.

He had 4 assists. They were getting lots of open 3’s. He was a factor in that. They were easier to guard with him out.

Good offensive player for them goes out, good defensive guard for us was largely in.

The frosh came in and picked up him pretty well. Overall they played solid defense without him too and were a bit more physical.

Eh they were never really unconscious honestly

Eh they were never really unconscious honestly

Yeah, it’s not like they were hitting 25 footers or tough shots. It was their ability to create wide open looks. It was part them executing, part us being flat, and part our best defensive guard barely playing for the first 28 minutes or so.

might’ve been mentioned already but-
Disappointing JBA/Frank/JE didn’t get a minute btwn the 3 of them

What do you do? Move Marek to the 4, and Q to the 3? That can't work.

drink.
You make an excellent point but as the game flowed it was just difficult to see Buddy stay on the floor without adding any offense or defense. Super effort by Q and very good effort by Dolezaj, Kadary and Joe G when he got underway. Griff and Buddy added close to nothing and JB seemed to leave one of them in there. Bad or badder. I think many of us would like to see what Woody or Braswell could have done at least for 3 to 4 minutes. It sure could not have been any less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom