Postgame thoughts.. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts..

What's going to happen when Bourama comes back? You can't sit Q.

Good question.

Sid gonna not play much? Marek gotta eat up a lot of 4/5 minutes to get his minutes, so AG and Q gotta split all those minutes maybe? We're not gonna see AG at he 2 IMO.

Good question.

Sid gonna not play much? Marek gotta eat up a lot of 4/5 minutes to get his minutes, so AG and Q gotta split all those minutes maybe? We're not gonna see AG at he 2 IMO.
If Marek can stay out of foul trouble maybe Sid doesn't play much. You can't sit Q. He's playing very well. And AG has to play. He has too much talent to sit. Not easy splitting the minutes up.

You make an excellent point but as the game flowed it was just difficult to see Buddy stay on the floor without adding any offense or defense. Super effort by Q and very good effort by Dolezaj, Kadary and Joe G when he got underway. Griff and Buddy added close to nothing and JB seemed to leave one of them in there. Bad or badder. I think many of us would like to see what Woody or Braswell could have done at least for 3 to 4 minutes. It sure could not have been any less.
well, it certainly could have been less.

in any case, we'll never know. jb wagered that his choices would win the game and, as usual he was right.

everything else is just masturbation.

If Marek can stay out of foul trouble maybe Sid doesn't play much. You can't sit Q. He's playing very well. And AG has to play. He has too much talent to sit. Not easy splitting the minutes up.

I think there are logical solutions, but it would involve people sharing a lot of minutes, and there are people who think will not be sharing lots of minutes this year.

This team still doesn’t play with a purpose on offense. The ball needs to be touched by Marek and Quincy every time down the court. Make teams double Quincy. This will open up the shooters. We go too many possesions without Quincy touching the ball unless he gets an offensive rebound. Our offense gets into a rhythm when we get inside buckets. Think of BC and Rutgers, when we get inside other thins open up. Our guards need to get our bigs touches and don’t start the game just jacking up threes.
this times 1milllion

quincy or marek get a couple buckets then dont touch the ball for 5 minutes and the team goes flat...

run everything through them and EVRYONE will prosper

If Buddy is going to play 34 minutes in games like this we as fans have to understand it doesn’t matter anymore.
You can play poorly, not be a good defender but when you get tenure you get 34 MPG unless it’s a blowout.
Girard wasn’t great but he atleast did stuff to atleast justify playing him.

It’s not changing. JB is like the CFB playoff committee he will do whatever he wants that justifies what he thinks.
JBs a Dad before hes a coach.

Girard played okay, his steals and ensuing free throws in the second half won the game along with Quincy.
Is it me or does Joe look bloated or like he is retaining water? Is there such a thing as "chubby" shoulders?
Joe been sneakin Genny screamers?

I think there are logical solutions, but it would involve people sharing a lot of minutes, and there are people who think will not be sharing lots of minutes this year.
Good point, I agree. We suspected going into the year that Buddy, Joe and Quincy would need to share minutes with Griff and Kadary. Then we lose Sidibe for 4 to 6 weeks and Buddy for 3 games and it changes the entire plan for playing time. The good news is the extra playing time reveals that in addition to Kadary, Woody and possibly Ajak and Braswell may get more playing time. So we have not figured out how to share playing time across several contenders with a full roster but the games continue. Regardless, folks that played 35+ minutes per game last year need to play several minutes less per game to work in the new players. They have performed well in their limited opportunities and also need additional playing time to improve and reward their hard work in practice. In the end it will make us a much improved team over last year.

Marek will go to the foul line area on offense the 4 and 5 will play the post and baseline the 1 and 2 w
Girard played okay, his steals and ensuing free throws in the second half won the game along with Quincy.
Is it me or does Joe look bloated or like he is retaining water? Is there such a thing as "chubby" shoulders?
It is possible he is or was taking a supplement called creatine as he was getting bigger and stronger lifting weights in the off season if he is still on it he needs to get off of it.

And played him out of position down the stretch to keep him in there at that. Lol.

I’m actually ok with Kadary-Joe-Buddy at times...if Buddy and Joe are shooting good.

And yet he didn’t play kadary a ton BC “he was tired” and couldn’t handle it. Yet buddy was air balling shots from inside the paint

I don't think we should play Sidibe much at all. What is he going to bring? Low post scoring? Highly doubtful, he's been a dreadful offensive player his entire career outside of a few game stretch last season. Defense? He can't body up anybody in the paint. Centers score over him as easily if not easier than Dolezaj

I don't think we should play Sidibe much at all. What is he going to bring? Low post scoring? Highly doubtful, he's been a dreadful offensive player his entire career outside of a few game stretch last season. Defense? He can't body up anybody in the paint. Centers score over him as easily if not easier than Dolezaj
Rebounding, interior scoring, size. Don’t care if he just plays ten minutes, it’s still ten minutes. I think we have opportunities to slide griffin up top and keep marek and Quincy down low with bourama when he comes back. To be honest I consider this year a lost one for him, even if he returns. Will take time getting back into game shape, etc. But if he’s healthy he will play. How much? Impossible to know.

Tonight was about just getting a win. We need Sid back and we need to have a complete team playing and practicing together. This was just good to ensure we didn't drop a freebie like we almost did vs Bryant too.

I kind of hate this cliche, because if you don't play well in the first place, then you're far less likely to raise your game just because the opposition is better.

We could get away with that "Buddy at the bottom of the zone" stuff against a Patriot League team, or whatever league they're from, Yankee Conference, Northeast Teachers Schools, whatever.

That stuff don't fly against anybody decent.

Jim, wake the hell up. That was pure bull tonight. If you can't be a real coach to your kid, it's time to quit.

Bob Knight never gave this kind of preferential treatment to his kid.

Cut the crap right now. You just lost 3 guards last year over this same damn thing. You just saw that other kids on the team are better at other things that Buddy can't do.

STOP THE CRAP. YOU ARE HERE TO WIN GAMES.

We could get away with that "Buddy at the bottom of the zone" stuff against a Patriot League team, or whatever league they're from, Yankee Conference, Northeast Teachers Schools, whatever.

That stuff don't fly against anybody decent.

Jim, wake the hell up. That was pure bull tonight. If you can't be a real coach to your kid, it's time to quit.

Bob Knight never gave this kind of preferential treatment to his kid.

Cut the crap right now. You just lost 3 guards last year over this same damn thing. You just saw that other kids on the team are better at other things that Buddy can't do.

STOP THE CRAP. YOU ARE HERE TO WIN GAMES.

It's amazing how angry people are over the coach's kid coming here and playing. In the history of the three-point shot at Syracuse, we've had the following players shoot 37% for a season from three while making at least 69 threes in a season (why 69? B/c I wanted to include Janulis and Greg Monroe, but also because it's roughly 2 made 3s per game):

Matt Roe -- 2x
Greg Monroe
Demetris Nichols
Andy Rautins
Andrew White
James Southerland
Marius Janulis
Gbinije
Gmac
Shump 2x
Cooney
Buddy
Hughes (if you round up)

That's 13 players and 15 seasons in in 34 years and of that crew, the only to make more than Buddy's 97 threes last year were GMac (105), White (112), Rautins (98) and Nichols (100).

The three players we lost were Goodine (averaging 10 mpg and 2 points at PC), Howard Washington, who has yet to play at South Alabama and Jalen Carey who's putting up 9 ppg at Rhode Island, but has yet to make a three and has a .3/2.2 assist/TO ratio.

While I like kadary a lot, he made 0 FGs tonight and is still figuring some things out offensively.

In an ideal world we have a roster where buddy plays 25 mpg and stretches the floor with his shooting, but this whole bit about how he only plays b/c he's the coach's kid is so ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom