Postgame Virginia Thoughts… | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Virginia Thoughts…

I just appreciate everyone posting their thoughts on the game here so I can read about what I missed. I was watching the bowl games yesterday, saw that the SU/UVA game was coming on and didn’t even consider turning it on. I hate that something that brought me so much joy for so many years of my life is personally unwatchable now, but it is.

I just want this season to end and JB to retire. I’m praying that JW will go out and find the best possible replacement and do a complete re-set on the program. I want to be excited about SU basketball again.

Okay, I just made it through all 7 pages. Few thoughts...

- Anyone who thinks Boeheim's press conference was acceptable has gotten too used to Jim's ways. He comes across very bad, unprofessional, and is embarrassing to me (as an SU alum). He is so darn thin skinned.

- Yes, he finally said something critical of at least one of his sons. However, it seemed very forced, the way he brought it up. It was awkward. He also said what was most obvious... Jimmy needs to make his free throws. Seemed to me like he knew he should say something because he knows what fans are saying. Jim is probably reading this thread right now, and I'm not even joking.

- I feel for Joe. He's being forced to try to be something that he isn't. Fans get frustrated with this and Joe sort of gets caught up in it all. Joe coming off the bench would likely make him a favorite among fans.

- Every once in a while, I think about our assistant coaches. I would be really interested to hear what they say behind closed doors. Think about it, they're up close to all of this. That must be unbelievably difficult to stomach.

And the trigger for the yank was that Torrance allowed Clark to make a big 3-ball. Normally, I would get that to some degree. But it was patently obvious that SU’s defensive strategy for the game was to let Clark beat us from deep. So Symir actually did what he was supposed to do. But here comes Girard …
I honestly felt we still had a decent chance to win the game with Symir in there....but when I saw Joe at the scorer's table, I knew the game was toast. Coach is correct in that we can not win with only Buddy scoring. When Joe and Cole are not hitting along with their constant poor defense, they should go to the bench. At least Symir and Benny give us a defensive presence plus Symir can handle the ball and pressure on offense.

RF, I'm not sure that I share the faith in JW that you have. We have the Scanlan nightmare, Hillsman, softball, etc...at some point, I think it's fait to criticize JW.

We have the old succession plan that, if he'd followed it, would've had Boeheim riding off into the sunset four years ago...

I don't get the faith in the athletic director, but I've been wrong about such things before.

Buddy needs to work on passing. especially passing out of a double team.

theres a second or two window to do something 4 on 3...but if the pass sucks or isnt to the right man etc ...that man advantage quickly evaporates.

They should practice knowing before hand how to beat the double team on buddy BE READY.

Girard got his shot blocked by a guy who can’t get on most amusement park rides
I finally got around to watching the game last night. Can't believe they only credited Clark with 1 block. He either blocked Joe twice more on drives to the bucket, or got away with two fouls. Don't think the official scorer is supposed to make that call.

It was startling how Joe, the high school QB, got bodied so easily by Clark. No doubt it got in Joe's head to the point he wanted no part of bringing the ball up against him. Could do nothing.

You all broke down the rest of the game sufficiently.

One other thing. There was clear miscommunication on that last long three from Clark that Symir gave up. Forget who the forward was on that side, but they both expected the other to cover that shot. They gave each other the stink eye and arms out look after that one. Once JB sent Joe to the table for that mistake, it was clear the game was over.

I finally got around to watching the game last night. Can't believe they only credited Clark with 1 block. He either blocked Joe twice more on drives to the bucket, or got away with two fouls. Don't think the official scorer is supposed to make that call.

It was startling how Joe, the high school QB, got bodied so easily by Clark. No doubt it got in Joe's head to the point he wanted no part of bringing the ball up against him. Could do nothing.

You all broke down the rest of the game sufficiently.

One other thing. There was clear miscommunication on that last long three from Clark that Symir gave up. Forget who the forward was on that side, but they both expected the other to cover that shot. They gave each other the stink eye and arms out look after that one. Once JB sent Joe to the table for that mistake, it was clear the game was over.
That Clark 3 you’re talking about was Jimmy and Symir. Jimmy clearly thought it was on Symir the way he reacted

Our team pointing at each other to see who made the multiple mistakes and who the 8th was that did not make a mistake

1641307391520.jpeg

That Clark 3 you’re talking about was Jimmy and Symir. Jimmy clearly thought it was on Symir the way he reacted
Symir had a similar reaction thinking it was Jimmy's responsibility. Have to wonder if that's just a lack of Sy getting the practice time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom