Postgame Virginia Thoughts… | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Virginia Thoughts…

the addams family vintage GIF

Sometimes, just need a good laugh.
For me, Cousin It never fails!
Some Therapy

I just watched half of the press conference. I cannot believe the university allows JB to talk to the media the way he does. I know Donna well and she is literally one of the nicest people ever and just kindly asks for him to elaborate and he is so condescending. He’s starting to become an annoying representative for the program when he thinks he can talk to anyone the way he wants. I need a drink
I didn’t think he was wrong in the points he was making for the most part though.

Wish someone asked him why Torrence played so little. That was his real screwup. Not just “Joe needs to be better”. If Torrence is playing well that night and Joe isn’t…..make a move. Cmon.

It’s not a coincidence we are finally getting another SG now.
I just wish we got a good PG so joe could slide over to SG.
Do we just keep missing on pgs or do we just keep jacking up their development ?

Last edited:
Yep. T he PG is the biggest issue. I used to get mad at Joe, now it’s just at JB. Joe is trying. He just is who he is.
Pretty much agree but what if Joe comes back next year? Do we just give up on the program - give up on this year and next year? That sucks

Haha. What does being his son have to do with it? Oh, JB.
Ok that was not his actual quote if you listened to the press conference. He said the only reason he called him out on the bad free throw shooting was because he was his son. Otherwise he would not critique a players free throw misses

Wildhack has to put an end to these press conferences. It’s becoming embarrassing. We’d get a better flavor for what happened if you just brought players to the pressers. I’m surprised he didn’t blast the fans for not coming out during a pandemic.

I suspect you didn’t listen to the presser (like some others). He got a little testy with the first question and a snarky response to Waters but nothing cringeworthy or out of line. He said he needs more out of the other players besides Buddy and that is true. He needs Jimmy and Coke to shoot better than they did and that is true. It’s unacceptable for Jimmy to shoot 2-8 from the line and that is true. He needs more from Jesse and that’s true. I found nothing crazy in the entire press conference.

While I disagree with Jimmys sub pattern for symir vs Joe that’s a diffeeent issue.

Cuse

I just watched half of the press conference. I cannot believe the university allows JB to talk to the media the way he does. I know Donna well and she is literally one of the nicest people ever and just kindly asks for him to elaborate and he is so condescending. He’s starting to become an annoying representative for the program when he thinks he can talk to anyone the way he wants. I need a drink
I Disagree and do not think anything was outlandish in the press conference. He might have been a a little short with Mike and Donna but he did not yell at them or insult. Donna’s question was snarky in itself “what do you want to happen when Buddy is double teamed?”. Jimmy just said that leaves the other players 4 on 3 and therefore the obvious answer is I Enid the other players insolent and needs to take advantage. She asked a silly question and got a short answer. Mikes question was factually correct but what type of answer did he expect? “Great question Mike, I didn’t notice that teams Have been better against us in The 2nd half and you have opened my eyes to this problem”. Defense stunk both halves and Jimmy kept saying (and has been saying for weeks) we need to be better.

Maybe I am jaded but no issues with the presser (issues with some coaching decisions)

Cuse

Yep. The PG is the biggest issue. I used to get mad at Joe, now it’s just at JB. Joe is trying. He just is who he is.

Your last point is the winner. Jim will fail with Joe before he will ever admit he screwed up.
Im sure someone will point out some fact that proves Joe is doing well but a blind man can see that he simply isnt a PG. Hes a 2 and probably a pretty good one. I feel badly for him as he is actually getting worse with each game. The more Joe presses to be a pg the more he fails. Tonight was his worst game this year.
Jim Satalin said on the radio that point guard play was the difference in the game. Clark dominated the game and SYR got nothing from Joe.

After watching this team and thinking about previous years, what happened to toughness? What happened to the rick Jackson, cooney, Arinze dig it out of the dirt type of guys ? These teams lately have been so soft. If you’re gonna lose, at least battle hard. Stop getting stripped of the ball 10 times a game. Stop pretending to close out on shooters. There is legit zero intensity on this team and that’s the stuff that JB doesn’t preach anymore because he’s 1000 years old. I just really wish I could see some grit
You’re over-thinking it. What happened to the overall average level of talent required to put on the SU jersey ? Jackson, Cooney , Arinze ..these hard nosed lunch pail types of dudes to which you refer had SO much more talent than more current team renditions . Hard work only gets you so far . Put me out on that court and I could have the work ethic and toughness of 50 players yet I guarantee you I’m not helping you win

I Disagree and do not think anything was outlandish in the press conference. He might have been a a little short with Mike and Donna but he did not yell at them or insult. Donna’s question was snarky in itself “what do you want to happen when Buddy is double teamed?”. Jimmy just said that leaves the other players 4 on 3 and therefore the obvious answer is I Enid the other players insolent and needs to take advantage. She asked a silly question and got a short answer. Mikes question was factually correct but what type of answer did he expect? “Great question Mike, I didn’t notice that teams Have been better against us in The 2nd half and you have opened my eyes to this problem”. Defense stunk both halves and Jimmy kept saying (and has been saying for weeks) we need to be better.

Maybe I am jaded but no issues with the presser (issues with some coaching decisions)

Cuse
He can give a thoughtful response. He's the expert. Certainly there are specific things coaches expect in different situations. He loves to point out that fans and the media don't know as much as him, so that is his chance to educate us. Tell us how Buddy is supposed to split the double or how guys are supposed to shift so that we can take advantage of the 4-3 advantage or that Buddy needs to recognize that the double is coming quicker and find the open guy to get an open shot or force the defense to shift out of position further. To Mike he can give some reasoning as to why there is a difference between the first half and the second half. Surely he has some insights there.

He uses snark to shut people down. It's unprofessional. This isn't a GMac is the most overrated player scenario. What it comes down to is we're not good. He knows it. He's the architect of what we have. And he doesn't want to have to answer the hard questions as to why we stink.

He may not like that SU fans have high expectations. But guess what, he, to his credit, established those expectations with the success of the previous 35 years. The fanbase responded as being one of the best in the country and with that comes expectations. It's a two way relationship regardless of what he may want it to be.

W
Next year is going to be worse than this year.
No more Buddy to bail us out either. As it stands now it’s hard to imagine us getting shots off next year. We will essentially have a bunch of freshman , Frank, Symir, Joe and Benny. Even if we could convince a stud transfer we still be bad.

You’re over-thinking it. What happened to the overall average level of talent required to put on the SU jersey ? Jackson, Cooney , Arinze ..these hard nosed lunch pail types of dudes to which you refer had SO much more talent than more current team renditions . Hard work only gets you so far . Put me out on that court and I could have the work ethic and toughness of 50 players yet I guarantee you I’m not helping you win
It's both. The talent has eroded and we're soft. Maybe part of the reason we don't play with attitude is because it's hard to play with attitude if you don't think you're actually better than the guy in front of you. DC, Melo, Pearl. Those guys thought they were the best players on the floor and their attitude showed it.

It's both. The talent has eroded and we're soft. Maybe part of the reason we don't play with attitude is because it's hard to play with attitude if you don't think you're actually better than the guy in front of you. DC, Melo, Pearl. Those guys thought they were the best players on the floor and their attitude showed it.
We’re a very well built mid major team IMO

Girard got his shot blocked by a guy who can’t get on most amusement park rides
Multiple times!

In fact I’m not sure I have seen an SU team have so many jumpers blocked in a game.

We’re a very well built mid major team IMO

We would challenge for the Ivy League title, so there's that.

Boeheim says he doesn't want to retire early and regret it. That's fine. Go down a level or more like Calhoun, reduce your headaches, and just coach. Doing otherwise is just selfish at this point. A win at Siena counts the same as a win at Syracuse if 1000 is so important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom