Postgame Virginia Thoughts… | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Virginia Thoughts…

Here's what's going to happen.

Joe's a townie. He's playing two more seasons.

We have no scoring next season, outside of Edwards, but he's dependent on someone getting him the ball for the most part.

Joe's going to average 20+ next season because there's legitimately nobody else that will get shots.

We're going to be really bad, but Joe is going to score.

And in that bonus year, he's going to have his sights set on Lawrence Moten.

Just wait.
Now I’m going to have nightmares.

Okay, then my bad for responding in a pointed manner. Didn't pick up on the sarcasm.
You thought I was serious about the best replacement already being here ? I’m a big anti internal promotion guy in almost any endeavor

One time just once I would love hear JB say “you know what I didn’t put them in position to win”. He’s always the smartest guy in the room and no accountability ever. I drink the kool aid every preseason BC of what I hear and see and I had high hopes for this team. But good lord how about an offense? How about ball movement ? The system doesn’t work and you can’t be this stubborn that you refuse to change. This team could have possibly matched up with them man to man. Colgate too. Some of the other teams but nope let’s have everyone get wide open looks and pray that miss and that equates to good defense.

Long story short, it’s just not fun
The movement off the ball is what gets me, the second the ball is in the front court it’s like 4 guys have cement in their shoes and are stuck watching and waiting until the ball handler picks his dribble up. I just don’t understand.

We are going to go 2 ENTIRE SENIOR CLASSES OF STUDENTS WITHOUT PLAYING A Conference home basketball game as a ranked team.

Think about that.

8 years not ONE conference game as a ranked team.

But, but we got to the S16 just last year. And, we were in the play in game only a couple of years before that and made it to the S16. ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

One time just once I would love hear JB say “you know what I didn’t put them in position to win”. He’s always the smartest guy in the room and no accountability ever. I drink the kool aid every preseason BC of what I hear and see and I had high hopes for this team. But good lord how about an offense? How about ball movement ? The system doesn’t work and you can’t be this stubborn that you refuse to change. This team could have possibly matched up with them man to man. Colgate too. Some of the other teams but nope let’s have everyone get wide open looks and pray that miss and that equates to good defense.

Long story short, it’s just not fun
Aka what Belichick says publicly when he loses.
He is a bad loser as well but he never rips his players publicly and just says I gotta coach better and it’s the coaches job.

I just listened to Jb’s PC he was so rude and passive aggressive.
Mike Waters was making a point and JB wanted to fight it.
It would be better if he just didn’t even talk. Nothing good comes from it.

But Joe would never accept being the 6th or 7th man I don’t think.
Maybe not but I think part of that is the circumstances he came into. He has his flaws but he was clearly a better option than Carey his freshman year. If we’re the program we’re capable of being he’s a redshirt his first year and comes off the bench and gets buckets after that. It just sucks.

But how cool will it be for the state's all-time highschool men's basketball scorer to also be Syracuse's all-time leading scorer?
It was cool watching him do that in high school. If he scored that much for SU, I think it would suggest that they would be a really bad team. I imagine many bad, off-balance shots taken because there aren’t better offensive options.
All that, and I loved Moten, not sure about how I would feel about JG surpassing him.

If he scored that much for SU, I think it would suggest that they would be a really bad team. I imagine many bad, off-balance shots taken because there aren’t better offensive options.
It appears you too have seen the future.

Remember, who's his guy?

Jimmer's his guy.

I’ve missed three straight home games for the first time in over twenty years and I have to say I‘m glad I don’t have to make the two hour drive home. We’ve become one dimensional on offense and defense. It’s not fun anymore. To see what we’re putting on the floor today compared to years past is really sad. It’s hard to recognize the teams that use to intimidate their opponents. No toughness or anyone who can just go and get a rebound or throw the ball in the post and score. It’s become a geriatric type of team. No disrespect to adults who can still play a little. We’re just an afterthought in college basketball today. We’re 7-6. That says it all. It seems like a million years ago when we started 25-0.

Maybe not but I think part of that is the circumstances he came into. He has his flaws but he was clearly a better option than Carey his freshman year. If we’re the program we’re capable of being he’s a redshirt his first year and comes off the bench and gets buckets after that. It just sucks.
I have said this numerous.times.
Joe and Buddy got tenure in the 2019-2020 season.
Which was stupid when their minutes were because we were trying to not have a losing season.
A good program brings in talent the next year and reduces their minutes.
Instead we won’t play another SG because we can’t do that. And Joe got tenure which caused JB to stick and the minutes were never going to be what they should have been.
That freshman year minutes wise screwed this all up.
Joe should have never had to be a 4 year starter with a ton of minutes but because the roster management was bad he was forced in.

the weirdness with the mins at point guard has gone on for 2 years now. It doesn’t make sense to me without suggesting conspiracy or other dubious means...like at all...if someone can explain it to me, please do.
the only thing that makes sense - assuming JB actually cares - is that he knows this is his last season and wanted to go out this way...for his own reasons...and kept it private to make sure it actually took place like this.

If he actually thinks that this roster and these players ansd these schemes were/are the way to go, he has indeed actually lost the plot---- something I thought i would never see.

I have said this numerous.times.
Joe and Buddy got tenure in the 2019-2020 season.
Which was stupid when their minutes were because we were trying to not have a losing season.
A good program brings in talent the next year and reduces their minutes.
Instead we won’t play another SG because we can’t do that. And Joe got tenure which caused JB to stick and the minutes were never going to be what they should have been.
That freshman year minutes wise screwed this all up.
Joe should have never had to be a 4 year starter with a ton of minutes but because the roster management was bad he was forced in.
yeah and "balance it all out" a huge class will come in next year ...3 years too late...lol

Jb starts off pressser by blasting jesse and saying cant get more from jimmy and buddy and ends presser with blaming loss on cole and jimmy.

Do you think JB wonders why no center can get to the corner? Id like a reporter to ask him what center was good at getting to the corner.

We really need to hit the portal this year. Our incoming freshman aren‘t ready to play 30 minutes a game.
Maybe our incoming freshman will watch this and hit the portal before they get here. They get one free transfer, might as well get it in guick.

yeah and "balance it all out" a huge class will come in next year ...3 years too late...lol
It’s not a coincidence we are finally getting another SG now.
I just wish we got a good PG so joe could slide over to SG.

Jb starts off pressser by blasting jesse and saying cant get more from jimmy and buddy and ends presser with blaming loss on cole and jimmy.

Do you think JB wonders why no center can get to the corner? Id like a reporter to ask him what center was good at getting to the corner.
Wildhack has to put an end to these press conferences. It’s becoming embarrassing. We’d get a better flavor for what happened if you just brought players to the pressers. I’m surprised he didn’t blast the fans for not coming out during a pandemic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom