Pre-Game for Duke | Syracusefan.com

Pre-Game for Duke

Doc5120

Starter
Just curious what time people are planning on heading up to the Hill (or wherever) on Saturday for pre-game. The crew I'm going with is still debating the best course of action (Marshall St or Armory Square and then bus it up) as well as what time we want to get there. We were up there 2 hrs prior to the Pitt game and had plenty of room at DJ's on the Hill, but I know this game is bigger and more people will be out. Just looking for some input as to what people think is a good time to get up there to secure a decent spot at a bar. I fully anticipate a madhouse based on past big games (G'Town, Nova, etc).

Don't doors open at 5? If so, 5.

Probably. I am getting into my lot at 4:30 and then will walk right up. If we cant get in then I will just wait outside until I can.

Can someone explain the bus to/from Armory square, because I was thinking of heading to Armory after the game?

Don't doors open at 5? If so, 5.
I think for the bigger games they open two hours before game time, pretty sure it was that way for UNC

Reactions: cto
I think for the bigger games they open two hours before game time, pretty sure it was that way for UNC
Yeah. They'll let you in at 4:30

Yeah. They'll let you in at 4:30

I thought so because I was in early for the North Carolina game. So early that we were probably 2 of a total of 6 people in the backcourt

I will be in the Dome at 4:30 drinking cheap as beer in the backcourt and making up for a month of no booze.

You be shooting for shirts too right???

Can someone explain the bus to/from Armory square, because I was thinking of heading to Armory after the game?

It doesn't exist. I've tried doing that several times and have never seen one. Several bars say they sponsor them - I've never seen one. Wound up partying in Armory Square and then driving up and parking in the Crouse Hospital lot before the game.

Doors open 2 hours pre-game for the rest of the year. So I'll be in my parking lot at 4 and in the Dome at 430.

It doesn't exist. I've tried doing that several times and have never seen one. Several bars say they sponsor them - I've never seen one. Wound up partying in Armory Square and then driving up and parking in the Crouse Hospital lot before the game.

It does exist. It's literally a school bus. My brother and some of his buddies took the bus from Syracuse Suds up to the Dome prior to the UNC game. They took it back down to Armory postgame, but had to wait quite some time (roughly 45 min or so) before they got on. It seems much more convenient to take it up to Hill than it does to get it on the way back.

My son does that. We actually put a stop to that because we had so many shirts/basketballs that it was out of hand.

This is off-topic, but I've always been fascinated by how completely crazy people go for t-shirts at sporting events. Like when cheerleaders or mascots shoot t-shirts into the crowd, people will completely lose their minds reaching for them like their starving refugees grabbing for U.N. food aid or something.

eao1115 said:
This is off-topic, but I've always been fascinated by how completely crazy people go for t-shirts at sporting events. Like when cheerleaders or mascots shoot t-shirts into the crowd, people will completely lose their minds reaching for them like their starving refugees grabbing for U.N. food aid or something.
Cue the link of McCartney doing this at a recent Brooklyn (?) game.

I agree. I caught a shirt a few years back and it was a crappy logo shirt from some sponsor. I gave it to a kid in front of me.

I heard really bad stories of people trying to get from Armory to the Dome for the 34,616 game. Not sure if it has improved at all.

I heard really bad stories of people trying to get from Armory to the Dome for the 34,616 game. Not sure if it has improved at all.

Why anyone would go to Armory and then try to make it up to the dome ON TIME for a game of this magnitude blows me away. Traffic and congestion alone would keep me away from there. Yet there will be many dickheads who will arrive late in my section and then look at me weird when I wont move.

Get off my lawn

Why anyone would go to Armory and then try to make it up to the dome ON TIME for a game of this magnitude blows me away. Traffic and congestion alone would keep me away from there. Yet there will be many dickheads who will arrive late in my section and then look at me weird when I wont move.

Get off my lawn

this always been my biggest pet peeves. Show up and be in your seat at game time. Not 15 minutes later.

this always been my biggest pet peeves. Show up and be in your seat at game time. Not 15 minutes later.

I'm on Tom Coughlin time. 15 minutes early is on time.

I cant tell you how many times when the game starts and I look backcourt and I see HUNDREDS of people still back there and the game has started. What are you people doing? Stay home!

Get off my lawn

You will be flat out blind anyway from the 20 Miller Lites you will have chugged by that time.

You will be flat out blind anyway from the 20 Miller Lites you will have chugged by that time.

Dude I cant get drunk. Its physically impossible

I'm on Tom Coughlin time. 15 minutes early is on time.

I cant tell you how many times when the game starts and I look backcourt and I see HUNDREDS of people still back there and the game has started. What are you people doing? Stay home!

On the day of the Clemson football game I had a HS football game that started at 10am. I live 2 hours away from Skytop(that's where my dad likes to park). we got to Skytop at 245. The line for the shuttle was massive. Still made in time for the national anthem with 2 beers in hand. I hate being late to anything, especially a Syracuse football or baskeetball. Its even worse at the garden.

On the day of the Clemson football game I had a HS football game that started at 10am. I live 2 hours away from Skytop(that's where my dad likes to park). we got to Skytop at 245. The line for the shuttle was massive. Still made in time for the national anthem with 2 beers in hand. I hate being late to anything, especially a Syracuse football or baskeetball. Its even worse at the garden.

Coming from out of town, I will give people a pass.

If you live in Syracuse and you are late to a game they should not let you in the building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom