Pre-Game for Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pre-Game for Duke

Wish I was going. If anybody has an extra ticket and wants somebody awesome to cheer with let me know!!!! :)

Probably. I am getting into my lot at 4:30 and then will walk right up. If we cant get in then I will just wait outside until I can.

Looking forward to possibly but not probably meeting you

Garbs said:
no one can get drunk off miller lite or pbr

Come out with me. You will find out

I only drink water I sneak in while at the Dome - the price of beer is not worth it and I don't want to have to run to the bathroom at halftime :) And of course you never know what unannounced event may happen at halftime - like the basketball alums who came back surprising everyone in the Dome earlier this year. I may pregame with a beer at J Ryans in the early afternoon and post game at the Blarney Stone - their burger may be the best burger deal on the planet - half a pound cooked perfectly for under $5!

I only drink water I sneak in while at the Dome - the price of beer is not worth it and I don't want to have to run to the bathroom at halftime

Halftime? Christ, I have to hit the head at the 15:00 timeout and again at the 3:00. It doesn't help that I drink 3 blue light Tallboys and have a bladder like an 80 year old Grandma

Halftime? Christ, I have to hit the head at the 15:00 timeout and again at the 3:00. It doesn't help that I drink 3 blue light Tallboys and have a bladder like an 80 year old Grandma

I hit the head right before tipoff and then dont move until the game is over.

Dude I cant get drunk. Its physically impossible

Marsh = Andre the Giant? (Maybe it was an urban legend but didn't they say that he would drink just astronomical amounts of alcohol and not be fazed by it?)

Andre1.jpg

Marsh = Andre the Giant? (Maybe it was an urban legend but didn't they say that he would drink just astronomical amounts of alcohol and not be fazed by it?)

View attachment 7209

Ha...not that much. Back in the day it took a lot more than it should have. Not sure that was a good thing. Plus I lost 80 pounds which certainly made a difference.

I'm pretty pumped for this weekend. My roommates were planning to throw a party Friday night, but we decided to move the party so that we can be wide awake at 10 to go to College Gameday. I think we're just going to stay there until gametime at that point. Should be a great day.

Not really camping out like some of my friends that have been sleeping there since the Pitt game ended, but yeah lol.

You will be flat out blind anyway from the 20 Miller Lites you will have chugged by that time.

You can't get drunk on Miller Lite. That stuff is beer-flavored piss water.

no one can get drunk off miller lite or pbr

PBR Pounders will get your drunk. But I agree about Miller Lite. It's not beer.

Staying at the Crowne Plaza. Hopefully will be up on the Hill around noon but if bars are open will plop down at 10:00 AM for the start of the ESPNU hour of Gameday. Went to DJ's before Georgetown last year, but the lack of tv's makes it not my first choice. Went to the Orange before Villanova and liked that a lot. Friends have reservations at Rachel's at the Sheraton at 4pm, which we will hit up and my dumb friends will be there until too late and miss the first 5 minutes of the game. But I will be in the Dome by 5:30 so I don't miss any of the pregame festivities.

Marshall St. is going to be such a s*** show I would almost rather just stay at the hotel bar until it's time to walk up to the Dome.

I cannot believe how excited I am for this game. I know people make fun of SU for the t-shirts, but athletic department's hyping of this game since the schedule came out is paying dividends. ESPN's constant promotion isn't hurting.

for the final 4 game last year i bought 24 miller light cans. couple friends and brother came over, they brought their own beer and i was the only 1 drinking miller lite. think i started drinking around 1. by the end of the game there was 1 miller lite left. i was drunk but not bombed.

I have actually taken the bus to and from Suds for both the Villanova game and Georgetown game last year and had no problems. Get there early order a beer and ask for a ticket to the bus. After the game I didn't have to wait long and before the busses run so often and early enough that it's practically up to you when you want to get up to the Dome. We played it on the safe side and went up about an hour early and had no problems.

Staying at the Crowne Plaza. Hopefully will be up on the Hill around noon but if bars are open will plop down at 10:00 AM for the start of the ESPNU hour of Gameday. Went to DJ's before Georgetown last year, but the lack of tv's makes it not my first choice. Went to the Orange before Villanova and liked that a lot. Friends have reservations at Rachel's at the Sheraton at 4pm, which we will hit up and my dumb friends will be there until too late and miss the first 5 minutes of the game. But I will be in the Dome by 5:30 so I don't miss any of the pregame festivities.

Marshall St. is going to be such a s*** show I would almost rather just stay at the hotel bar until it's time to walk up to the Dome.

I cannot believe how excited I am for this game. I know people make fun of SU for the t-shirts, but athletic department's hyping of this game since the schedule came out is paying dividends. ESPN's constant promotion isn't hurting.

If Marshall St is anything like the 34616 Nova game, getting to the bars early is imperative unless you enjoy ridiculous lines. Its the one reason I might head down to the Armory for a while first. Getting into town about 1pm and hoping the Marshall St bars aren't already ridiculous. And for this game, the game might as well start at 530 because I will be in my seat for a good hour leading up to it. Cant wait to get up there.

My Itinerary
9 leave my house
11 arrive in Syracuse
11:05 find a bar and stake out a booth or stools
11:05-3:45 enjoy myself at the bar (or at least enjoy myself until it becomes too crowded to breathe and move)
3:45 head up to the Alumni tailgate for food to soak up some of the booze
5:30ish head up to the Dome to sit in my seats that a very, very far from the action
Sometime during the second half of the game- become sober enough to really realize how far away our seats are!

Hoov50 said:
My Itinerary 9 leave my house 11 arrive in Syracuse 11:05 find a bar and stake out a booth or stools 11:05-3:45 enjoy myself at the bar (or at least enjoy myself until it becomes too crowded to breathe and move) 3:45 head up to the Alumni tailgate for food to soak up some of the booze 5:30ish head up to the Dome to sit in my seats that a very, very far from the action Sometime during the second half of the game- become sober enough to really realize how far away our seats are!

Now that's a plan. Can I come too?

My son does that. We actually put a stop to that because we had so many shirts/basketballs that it was out of hand.
I'm sure I'm not alone here as a lot of us are dads, but I never stop getting a kick out hearing things from other dads that I go through with my kids relative to SU sports. I was cleaning my garage out a couple of years ago and I could not believe how many rubber SU basketballs I had (both inflated and uninflated).

I'm sure I'm not alone here as a lot of us are dads, but I never stop getting a kick out hearing things from other dads that I go through with my kids relative to SU sports. I was cleaning my garage out a couple of years ago and I could not believe how many rubber SU basketballs I had (both inflated and uninflated).

I threw away 5-6 ones still deflated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom