Pre-Spring Depth Chart | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Pre-Spring Depth Chart

We don't have one established middle linebacker right now, never mind two. There's not a chance. Spruill is not an MLB, he didn't do well with assignments in his one season there and there's a clear reason why Siriki started there last year. Spruill is a much better OLB.

I agree he is a better OLB than ILB. But he wasn't that bad at ILB. He made all league.

Sent using my Commodore 64

We don't have one established middle linebacker right now, never mind two. There's not a chance. Spruill is not an MLB, he didn't do well with assignments in his one season there and there's a clear reason why Siriki started there last year. Spruill is a much better OLB.

Isn't the Okie run with just 3 down line men? I thought I read that Shafer considers that their best D.

thought he was 6'2''. Still, skill set is made for guard, not tackle.

Raymon looks like a legit 6'4 assuming Palmer is at least 6'0 (he's listed at 6'2)
ray-jpg.2253

I'm very curious to see where he plays since he has DT measureables but is listed at DE and looks like he could be nimble enough to play DE. Nice versatility to have on the line similar to Goggins last year. He could also end up at DE in the Okie sets and DT in the base defense.

You don't think Spruill has the ability to play a James Farrior type of role in the 3-4 for 5-7 plays a game? This isn't rhetorical, I'm honestly asking. I personally think Spruill could pull it off and if he isn't big enough for the role, then put in Coker and have Arciniega next to them. They both have some size. I'd like to think our D-line would be good enough to keep a lot of the offensive line off of our linebackers.

It's all hypothetical but I think they could pull it off as a change of pace defensive package. It's sort of like throwing the press at the opposing team for Boeheim, catch them off guard and maybe force a timeout or turnover (or sack in this case).

I do agree our defense is certainly not built to run this package throughout the game but I think it could be efficient in a limited role.