Predict Cuse Nova line | Syracusefan.com

Predict Cuse Nova line

What do the cappers give for a standard for being at home in NCAAMB? I only know that football is -3. Im drinking rolling rock and molson.

Syracuse -5 1/2 The game would not be a pick on a neutral court.

Cuse -5

I'm a fan with my heart but I bet with my head. If it's Cuse -5, I'd take 'Nova. Jay Wright is 11-7 as the 'Nova coach all-time vs SU, and he's undefeated with a nice squad.

they were ranked about as high as us in 2010 when we spanked them.

Not saying 'Nova will win, but 5 points seems like a lot to give them. Not saying that's a lock, either. Just that 5 points looks better than 50/50 for 'Nova. Hope we win by 15, but that's my heart talking.

Not saying 'Nova will win, but 5 points seems like a lot to give them. Not saying that's a lock, either. Just that 5 points looks better than 50/50 for 'Nova. Hope we win by 15, but that's my heart talking.
Well my wallets talking and I'd take Cuse by 8+.

This team seems to play much better when they think they are being challenged. I think they are going to show up to play well against Nova.

Sagarin is an idiot.

Possibly. But he uses time-tested statistical methodologies only, with no human judgment. Early on it's a little wacky, but we're not that early on anymore.

He does have us #1 in the "pure_elo" methodology, which is like a chess rating, which is what counts for rankings and championships. The other methodologies are for wagering. We're #25 and #30 in those.

We'll see.

Possibly. But he uses time-tested statistical methodologies only, with no human judgment. Early on it's a little wacky, but we're not that early on anymore.

He does have us #1 in the "pure_elo" methodology, which is like a chess rating, which is what counts for rankings and championships. The other methodologies are for wagering. We're #25 and #30 in those.

We'll see.
This early in the year Sagarin doesn't mean much. Small anomalies, time walk ons play, rotations being worked out can't be taken into account. It's not a bad system as the year goes on but this time of year its not close. I'd say the line ends up about cuse -5.

Wow the #2 team an underdog at home.

That -2.5 or -4 is not an underdog. You have it backwards. No way I would take SU as an 8 point favorite if it was that. That's betting with your heart which is foolish.

That -2.5 or -4 is not an underdog. You have it backwards. No way I would take SU as an 8 point favorite if it was that. That's betting with your heart which is foolish.
I don't have it backwards. If the public "goes on Cuse"and drops it to -2.5 from -4 Cuse would be the underdog. Truse me I've done this before. "Going on Cuse" would mean betting they cover.

From a rankings standpoint, the only difference between them and us is that we're coming off a final four and an elite eight the year before, while nova is kind of out of no where this year.

Our results this year are pretty similar too in terms of quality wins.

I'd guess the line is about Cuse -5, and that seems fair to me. 3 or 4 points for home court, plus another point or so because the public (myself and many here included) think we're the better team, even if only slightly.

What do the cappers give for a standard for being at home in NCAAMB? I only know that football is -3. Im drinking rolling rock and molson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom