Prediction on staff and players | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction on staff and players

For the record from the original post because I saw a couple comments on it. I’m not saying Hima starts. I think we get a center in the portal and Autry knows that’s a big need and we’ll get a very solid center. I also expect the open coaching vacancy to be filled within the next couple weeks. I think Autry already has a short list of who he wants and who he knows he can get. I expect Gmac to stay around for another year or 2 and then he’ll probably take a low d1 HC job.

I think Mintz does stay. I fully expect him to test the waters but I think he ends up coming back and Autry convinces him. I think Benny stays. I also expect Autry to use the bench a lot more than Boeheim so we’ll see a lot more players get some PT and they’ll let the recruits know that

Jason Hart would be an ideal addition this staff. I think he’d recruit at a realllly high level. But hes got a good job as is, not sure how appealing even being the associate head coach under Red would be.

Could Benny getting back into the fold at the end of the season be related to Autry taking over?

Perhaps Benny was leaving if JB was back, but then was suddenly back in the fold with Autry taking over so JB played him and started him again?

Just guessing. It was weird how he was written off as leaving and was barely playing - then all of a sudden he’s starting again.

With Red as the coach, why would Benny leave now?

Could Benny getting back into the fold at the end of the season be related to Autry taking over?

Perhaps Benny was leaving if JB was back, but then was suddenly back in the fold with Autry taking over so JB played him and started him again?

Just guessing. It was weird how he was written off as leaving and was barely playing - then all of a sudden he’s starting again.

With Red as the coach, why would Benny leave now?

Bell also right? Didn't he go 2-4 games with DNDCP ? Then Taylor was playing alot and got no minutes. Speculation but could be something there.

Why would Bell transfer? Any specifics?
I’m hoping because we bring better players in….if he indeed does transfer.

If he sticks, he’s either gotta really add to his game. Or he’s gotta become like a 40+% absolute dead eye shooter from 3. Like, Andrew White level shooter, to make up for the stuff he doesn’t do.

If he sticks, he’s either gotta really add to his game. Or he’s gotta become like a 40+% absolute dead eye shooter from 3. Like, Andrew White level shooter, to make up for the stuff he doesn’t do.
I think Bell will get better at the stuff he doesn't do, and also will be a 40% shooter from deep.

I think Bell will get better at the stuff he doesn't do, and also will be a 40% shooter from deep.

It’s very possible. It’s been said before, but Southerland didn’t even see the court until his 3rd year and wasn’t a starter until his 5th year.

Nichols was a way better defender from day 1, but as a shooter - he did nothing until his Junior year.

Shumpert shot 29% from 3 as a freshman before becoming a stud 6th man on a really good team as a soph.

In normal times Bell wouldn’t have even seen the court as a freshman, so we wouldn’t have seen his flaws the way we did. Hopefully he’s a hard worker.

The last two games he looked fine on defense and rebounding.

I'd add, he's a quality backup at 4-8 mins a game tops
Lots of players get better with experience and coaching. Hima is huge, with very long arms, and had shown flashes of plus athleticism for a guy that big. He might surprise you, given an opportunity.

That said, we don't want Hima, Carey and Patterson as our only bigs... That's a recipe for Brown playing minutes at center and going full Marek on us.

For the record from the original post because I saw a couple comments on it. I’m not saying Hima starts. I think we get a center in the portal and Autry knows that’s a big need and we’ll get a very solid center. I also expect the open coaching vacancy to be filled within the next couple weeks. I think Autry already has a short list of who he wants and who he knows he can get. I expect Gmac to stay around for another year or 2 and then he’ll probably take a low d1 HC job.

I think Mintz does stay. I fully expect him to test the waters but I think he ends up coming back and Autry convinces him. I think Benny stays. I also expect Autry to use the bench a lot more than Boeheim so we’ll see a lot more players get some PT and they’ll let the recruits know that
Coach Wallace - has a ring to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom