Prediction on staff and players | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction on staff and players

I thought I read here by a few in "the know " that there could be a very legitimate reason for Jesse to stay. So maybe the combination of that reason plus Red could result in a favorable outcome?

Just so you know, on our private board, we knew this on Monday. I wouldn't normally share that
but since you wanted to act like you do, there it is.
Tried to weasel my way into the pay board with the inside scoop on Jim’s retirement back in January, but they told me they’ve known all about it since 2018. Was told to “kick rocks”

Hima definitely regressed as the season progressed but I am not against him potentially getting heavy run next year. Early in the season he had a Chukwu-esque defensive presence in the middle of the zone. Changed the way opponents attacked us. I am in support of Hima playing, especially if we play zone

Again, think people are gonna be surprised and happy with how the spring/summer kicks off.

It will be interesting couple of weeks. Will be interesting who Red wants to keep now that his job depends on it. Will he be super loyal to the players we have here or will he hit the portal hard and try to recruit over them (rightfully so)

I was told awhile ago Red with gmac as assistant hc and Devo on staff. Griff wasn't mentioned but its hard picturing him going anywhere. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Red and Griff are tied at the hip. I could also see D-Nic coming back from Toronto where he’s now a G League assistant.

Some 5 star's dad.
B2BFBB26-E344-4B5D-B79F-65747F5E6D01.jpeg

I would think if Hop is let go that would be one of REDs first calls to gage his interest. They have a strong relationship and have worked together in the past. He would be someone that RED can rely on when things get tough because of this HC experience.

Then hire the best recruiter you can buy.

RED
--
HOP
--
Griff
Recruiter

So much going on right now and some much to read and speculate on I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not but ( GMAC ) would probably be promoted to associate head coach with a nice pay raise to boot and Griffin would likely get a pay raise also, if this happens and we add a quality assistant to the staff I would feel very comfortable going forward. With no disrespect to ( JB ) I think we will play more M2M and our recruiting will be much better.

I really don't see a world where Mintz doesn't go to the league. At least he will do the "test the waters" thing. But I will say if anyone could get him to stay, it would be Red. Otherwise he wasn't staying with the current program.
The only one I can see getting Mintz to stay is Adam Weitsman

If he proves himself at the A-10 level, he can always portal here

And we can argue whether or not he needs a scholarship. ;)
When I Talked to red about this I think he really wanted his son to have his own experience and be his own man. Whether that is coming to Cuse or not is anyone’s guess.

I really don't see a world where Mintz doesn't go to the league. At least he will do the "test the waters" thing. But I will say if anyone could get him to stay, it would be Red. Otherwise he wasn't staying with the current program.
I don't see Mintz getting drafted. A transfer to get a big NIL payday seems more likely.

His girlfriend is now a assistant on the womens field hockey team

144% THIS.

Throw in the ability to legally give him NIL coin while he’s on our overseas trip this summer,
and it’s not a foregone conclusion that - he gone.

I’m still not holding my breath, but -
it’s a greater than 0% chance he runs it back one more time.

Which would. be. AWESOME.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom