Preseason AP Poll is out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason AP Poll is out

I'm curious as to who actually voted for us in their polls.

Hop just missed the cut. They lost quite a bit but brought in two top 10 dudes and Quade is back half way through. Will be an interesting watch out there this year.

This is year 3 right? So it's now more Hops team than it ever has been. Curious to see how they look. Last couple of years they have been solid and definitely better coached than with Romar but also still kind of frenetic like they were with him too.

Yep. Need to bring some shooters to the fight when playing UVA which we thankfully are. Add that to an offense where the ball doesn't stick and this gang of no names might be ok and be able to surprise.

“No names” - like:
The #1 ranked Canadian recruit?
The all-time HS scorer in NYS history?
Some kid who happens to have the same last name as the HOF coach, now in his 44th season?

All we want is a team that is fun to watch and gets better as the season progresses.

Of course we want a NC contender but this roster isn’t close to that right now.
We have been overrated in the preseason polls since 2014.
I would take last year’s season results if this year’s team plays an exciting brand of basketball.
DITTO and DITTO and DITTO and DITTO. Couldn't have said it better.

I'm curious as to who actually voted for us in their polls.

Louisville writer had us 23rd (3pts).

It's sad that I didn't even expect us to get any votes, so this is a small nice surprise. Now let's go kick some ass and get back into the rankings

Who would have expected that UW is out recruiting Syracuse?

How in the world is Louisville recruiting as if an NCAA investigation is a medal of honor?

With the exception of Georgetown and obviously with the exception of when they're competing with us for a tourney spot, for some reason I have a warm place in my heart for schools like Seton Hall and Providence. I always root for them.
They were crap basement dweller programs in the Big East most years (except for SH under PJ and PC under Pitino and some other years sprinkled in). I hate seeing them picked as second place even if it is in the Zombie Big East.

“No names” - like:
The #1 ranked Canadian recruit?
The all-time HS scorer in NYS history?
Some kid who happens to have the same last name as the HOF coach, now in his 44th season?
Is Quincy the. Number 1 Canadian recruit

How in the world is Louisville recruiting as if an NCAA investigation is a medal of honor?
there have been no sanctions placed on their ability to recruit

Who would have expected that UW is out recruiting Syracuse?

Hop is at the end of his Syracuse connections and we have the best Canadian high schooler and the best scorer iin the history of our entire state. Who else can say that? Nobody

What's the deal with Arizona? I'm drawing a blank on if they were punished for paying players, etc.

Are they being investigated? Are they on probation? Or did they just skate through all that somehow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom