Preseason Camp Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

I just left Northwestern's football practice that was held this morning on their outdoor practice facility on Lake Michigan. Completely open. People watching the entire practice. I actually stood by the person who was in charge of taping the practice. completely different approach.

So, no one agrees with me; that, after a full contact scrimmage, and half the Fall camp practices, that releasing a 2-Deep roster wouldn't create some excitement and fan talk about the program? Especially, with a no media practice day to
I just left Northwestern's football practice that was held this morning on their outdoor practice facility on Lake Michigan. Completely open. People watching the entire practice. I actually stood by the person who was in charge of taping the practice. completely different approach.
Seventh season of the same complaints. It is what it is.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming before I make CuseLegacy use her teacher voice.

So, no one agrees with me; that, after a full contact scrimmage, and half the Fall camp practices, that releasing a 2-Deep roster wouldn't create some excitement and fan talk about the program? Especially, with a no media practice day today.
Don’t know why you should be getting any pushback. Any fan, casual or otherwise, would be interested in seeing a two deep roster at this point. That’s not even an issue. Don’t worry about it.

Nothing will make anybody care about Syracuse football besides winning more games. The people who would give a chit about the 2-deep or attending an August practice are already locked in.

Win more games
We all want more wins. We’re also interested in where some of the players stand at this juncture.

Morgan Freeman was busy today.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

As an fyi some kid i think number 92 was banging 65-yard field goals like they were extra points

So, no one agrees with me; that, after a full contact scrimmage, and half the Fall camp practices, that releasing a 2-Deep roster wouldn't create some excitement and fan talk about the program? Especially, with a no media practice day today.
The only excitement and talk will be from diehard fans that actually know who the players are. It will not bring in new fans or create a buzz outside of the existing fan communities.

Once upon a time, freshmen were ineligible, and the "new guys" were sophomores. They would have to be brought along by the upperclassmen but would make "sophomore mistakes". Coaches would say that "the best thing about sophomores is that they become juniors". Now with freshmen eligible, redshirting and the extra Covid year:

"One of Babers’ recurring bits this offseason has been comparing his defensive linemen to puppies who haven’t grown into their limbs yet. Sophomore Terry Lockett thinks it’s a fair one for his coach to make.
“What college is is to turn you from a puppy to a man, and that’s what we’re planning to do and that’s what we’re gonna do,” Lockett said... Both Lockett and Okechukwu have had to adjust to being the more experienced guys in their position groups."

Think it's time for an initial 2-Deep. Louisville already has one up. Would give us plebes; at least, some cannon fodder for discussion.
I bet if you made a sizable donation to the FB program and made it contingent on a publicized 2-deep roster by 8/15 every season, you might get your way.

You either got very lucky with a one off or NW is about the only one that has open practices. SU is pretty much in line with most every school.

Don’t know why you should be getting any pushback. Any fan, casual or otherwise, would be interested in seeing a two deep roster at this point. That’s not even an issue. Don’t worry about it.

It’s Dino’s way. Always has been. He’s not the only one who’s paranoid about leaks. Nothing you can do about it except go out and enjoy your August. Season will be here soon enough.

I wish there were open practices, I wish we didn’t care who saw them because you still have to execute on game day. But it’s not changing.

Once upon a time, freshmen were ineligible, and the "new guys" were sophomores. They would have to be brought along by the upperclassmen but would make "sophomore mistakes". Coaches would say that "the best thing about sophomores is that they become juniors". Now with freshmen eligible, redshirting and the extra Covid year:

"One of Babers’ recurring bits this offseason has been comparing his defensive linemen to puppies who haven’t grown into their limbs yet. Sophomore Terry Lockett thinks it’s a fair one for his coach to make.
“What college is is to turn you from a puppy to a man, and that’s what we’re planning to do and that’s what we’re gonna do,” Lockett said... Both Lockett and Okechukwu have had to adjust to being the more experienced guys in their position groups."
Turning puppies into men? Color me curious.

Linton not putting on weight is 100% his fault. What a shame.
Be cautious there. I thought the same thing at first. Linton’s high school coach had some interesting views. Sounds like SU isn’t doing the best job providing kids with elite services either.I believe one other player recently mentioned this issue as well.

Linton not putting on weight is 100% his fault. What a shame.
He's like the Benjamin Button of weight. I think he actually looks lighter than when he got on campus.
We have enough DEs. Think he needs to go back to the lb group.

Be cautious there. I thought the same thing at first. Linton’s high school coach had some interesting views. Sounds like SU isn’t doing the best job providing kids with elite services either.I believe one other player recently mentioned this issue as well.
So cuse is supposed to make sure he’s hitting his calorie goals? Force the chicken and brown rice down his mouth? Sounds like an excuse to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom