Preseason Camp Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Between me and OX you people already know 95% of the two deep
So there's 1 guy who we don't know!
Give me a hint. Is he on offense?
Is he from North of the Mason-Dixon Line?
Can he cut a compound joint?

Geneseo had some bars with chicken wings and beer that made sure I put on (lifetime) weight in school. Bastards.
I was on more of a liquid diet. If I was eating in a bar it was a vital burger when skipping an afternoon class, which happened more than it should have. If I remember right Augies was big for wings. IB Friday happy hour might have been the only time I had them in the bars.

I would think its pretty easy to get a nutrition person on staff if thats really an issue.. They have too many coaches coming from programs all over to not solve that issue or identify it as one.. And still while we have some kids not gaining weight we have many who do.

Come on. I'm doubting this is a nutritionist issue. And probably not a Linton effort issue either. I'm sure he's tried extremely hard to eat more and put on lbs. Some people have a hard time eating and/or have a hard time gaining weight even if they do eat a lot,, especially when they are young.

So cuse is supposed to make sure he’s hitting his calorie goals? Force the chicken and brown rice down his mouth? Sounds like an excuse to me.
That’s exactly what some schools do. They have nutritionists that are part of the program.

Josh Black did a video once to share how much he ate daily. It was A TON! Some guys just have a tough time. It is what it is. Linton will probably be happy about this fact in about 20-30 years.
JB Reafsnyder couldn’t gain weight either. He’s not happy about it now.

Why are we sure the program doesn’t like Linton at his current weight?

We want our guys fast and nimble on the front of the defense

I’m not saying I know either way, but, just a thought

Respect. How did they force kids who need a ton of calories to eat?
From the OL/DL i knew, that were contributors (1st and 2nd string) it was a dont let your teammate down mentality. Which can be said for any school. To your point, it really comes down to the kid. But I do concur with the points made about SU lagging a bit in nutrition

So, no one agrees with me; that, after a full contact scrimmage, and half the Fall camp practices, that releasing a 2-Deep roster wouldn't create some excitement and fan talk about the program? Especially, with a no media practice day today.
The vast majority of fans care about game day. That's it.

Geneseo had some bars with chicken wings and beer that made sure I put on (lifetime) weight in school. Bastards.
We used to go up to Geneseo often on the weekends when I was going to RIT. They had an awesome pizza place there, cant remember the name of it though (back in early 90s)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom