Preseason Camp Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

I absolutely refuse to believe Hanna gets the nod over Barron.

SS looks like a big issue too.

Linebacker is very deep

I think that cooper has skills that will be used this year. Have to like Alford on the outside as well as the new burner. Want to see what CJ brings to the table as well and hope that the youngster gets better soon as he was getting rave reviews from everyone.

Seems a bit half-baked. Is Adams even a slot receiver? I would like to see him lined up out wide, and run a go route on every play. At least, force opposing D's to account for it.

Slot receivers are generally fast. At least in Babers O. I've heard him quoted saying that he prefers a speed guy in the slot.

It might make sense since they've moved Courtney Jackson outside and he's fast in his own right.

Yeah, not so sure this guy knows what he’s even talking about…

When Berg was out a couple days for an injury, Cruz slotted in with the 1s

Clark and Oliver have been mainly the 2s over Hanna Greenwood

Think this guys take is a little…….off?

I’m surprised this guy didn’t say Villari is about to be the starting QB even tho it’s been mainly Shrader taking all the snaps and DRW rotating in occasionally

There is also two weeks left of camp, more moves will be made in the following week.
I didn’t see anything that far off. The secondary is the only place I don’t think is on point. He has Cruz on the second unit behind Bergeron. Hoeh being 2nd team and displacing Tisdale is good, but other than that the OL is what I saw happening, at least to the players listed. Positions are in flux. WR I had Jackson, Alford, Queeley, Cooper, Gadsden on my two deep

Slot receivers are generally fast. At least in Babers O. I've heard him quoted saying that he prefers a speed guy in the slot.

It might make sense since they've moved Courtney Jackson outside and he's fast in his own right.
I was hoping to see Cooper and Pena in the slot, since they are much more "shifty." Adams has the speed, but also, decent height to go up for 50/50 balls. Just a gut feeling; but I'm really high on Adams. I think this kid likes the big stage. Basically, all his production at FAU was against the Florida Gators. Think he will up his game, going against the big names on our schedule.

I was hoping to see Cooper and Pena in the slot, since they are much more "shifty." Adams has the speed, but also, decent height to go up for 50/50 balls. Just a gut feeling, but I'm really high on Adams. I think this kid likes the big stage. Basically, all his production at FAU was against the Florida Gators. Think he will up his game, going against the big names on our schedule.

Cooper is in the slot. Pena is still coming off a knee injury. No idea what his condition is. Cooper/Adams in the slot makes sense.

I'm sort of interested in seeing Courtney on the outside. Maybe gets him in space. I still think he can be Erv2.0. Playmaker. Needs some room to run.

Jakob Bradford doesn't seem to make sense as a guard, either. Seems he's a tackle, to me. Hoeh at guard makes even less sense, at 275lbs. This guy doesn't realize we are basically playing all our guards in the starting lineup; and, Ilaoa will come in at center, with some combo of Ellis, Bleich, and Davis, if one of our guards go out.

Cooper is in the slot. Pena is still coming off a knee injury. No idea what his condition is. Cooper/Adams in the slot makes sense.

I'm sort of interested in seeing Courtney on the outside. Maybe gets him in space. I still think he can be Erv2.0. Playmaker. Needs some room to run.
Plausible. Hope Trebor is a full go; we may not need him in slot, but definitely want him returning kicks against Ville. Doesn't seem to be a lot of separation in the wr room. Wouldn't be adverse to wr by committee; 8-9 guys staying fresh, with hockey style line shifts.

Yeah, not so sure this guy knows what he’s even talking about…

When Berg was out a couple days for an injury, Cruz slotted in with the 1s

Clark and Oliver have been mainly the 2s over Hanna Greenwood

Think this guys take is a little…….off?

I’m surprised this guy didn’t say Villari is about to be the starting QB even tho it’s been mainly Shrader taking all the snaps and DRW rotating in occasionally

There is also two weeks left of camp, more moves will be made in the following week.
Yes. I think this is the same guy that asked Shrader last week if they had started scheming for Louisville. :rolleyes:

Jeremiah Wilson on projected 2 deep. "arguably been the most impressive freshman in camp". True freshman out of Florida. Have noticed Delaine seems to be making plays to. Good stuff.

Bradford to me seems like a tackle.

at WR I think Hatcher is going to be in there somewhere.

If McDonald replaced Thompson he's on the outside and Sparrow was the #2 MLB last season.

You are always your own worst enemy.
1660662387568.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom