Presser at 3 today | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Presser at 3 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys like to remove the Final Four run and the 25-0 start (I know that's outside of your 3-year window in this case) from your arguments. "Imagine if this would have happened, imagine if that would have happened."

I choose to focus on what actually happened. Gives me a lot less to complain about.
I think we're all focusing on the facts. 25-0 happened. But since when did we start parading around arbitrary slices of a season like we earned some kind of trophy? Clemson started 17-0 many years back. It's a meaningless stat. What are you clinging to man?

I think we're all focusing on the facts. 25-0 happened. But since when did we start parading around arbitrary slices of a season like we earned some kind of trophy? Clemson started 17-0 many years back. It's a meaningless stat. What are you clinging to man?
I'm not the one making arbitrary slices. The people who say, "Since we started 25-0, our record is..." are the ones doing that.

He did say it to Pearl, they went all-out trying to get him to come back to school for a fourth year.

Owens I think they were OK with.
And Pearl said he wished he had.

Please tell us what you think should have happened.
YsbKHg1.jpg

Please tell us what you think should have happened.
Not be snippy and passive aggressive.
Just thank Mike Hopkins and say what he said about the assistant search.
No need to talk about being thankful we weren't Oklahoma or Texas this year.
JB was passive aggressive and felt the need to defend mediocrity.

We all thank him for being a HOFer but he like myself is a thin skinned person. I can be thin skinned I am a nobody he is the face of SU hoops. He acts differently than K or Roy or other top guys.

He needs to say less publicly and just re-energize his time recruiting.

All JB needed to do was congratulate Hop and then say he will start recruiting.
Nothing more was needed.

His airing of grievances was cringe inducing.

Until he did that and you and others would be all over his case for hiding , being evasive (remember this was a press conference with questions from the press). With many here with an obvious agenda, it's a lose-lose regardless of what was said, what wasn't. Some people just assume they have all the real answers.

Until he did that and you and others would be all over his case for hiding , being evasive (remember this was a press conference with questions from the press). With many here with an obvious agenda, it's a lose-lose regardless of what was said, what wasn't. Some people just assume they have all the real answers.
I would not. I was happy with yesterday it gave us a clear path forward.
JB is the guy now for the foreseeable future no need to think otherwise. I wanted to see him not act like he has been acting which is say whatever he wants because he is retiring.
He needs a filter now. The numerous references to Trump behavior was just pure stupid.
It's not a lose a lose. I wanted optimism today from JB going forward. That PC was not optisism it was JB listing off grievances and stuff on his mind.

The Oklahoma/Texas stuff was him patting himself on the back.
Comparing our current situation with the roster to the 2002 season was not smart. Nobody is expecting a Final Four or NC next season.

All I wanted was a rational confident JB. He was petty and Trump like without a filter.
This isn't a strawman. Again I wanted to feel reassured. Maybe in a couple months we all will be but this PC didn't do it.
It for me was thin skinned I am going to say whatever I want JB.

Not be snippy and passive aggressive.
Just thank Mike Hopkins and say what he said about the assistant search.
No need to talk about being thankful we weren't Oklahoma or Texas this year.
JB was passive aggressive and felt the need to defend mediocrity.

We all thank him for being a HOFer but he like myself is a thin skinned person. I can be thin skinned I am a nobody he is the face of SU hoops. He acts differently than K or Roy or other top guys.

He needs to say less publicly and just re-energize his time recruiting.
There are plenty of thin-skinned, insecure guys leading top programs. I'd contend it's what drives some of them. Stop pretending that the things you see in JB that bother you are somehow unique to him.

I would not. I was happy with yesterday it gave us a clear path forward.
JB is the guy now for the foreseeable future no need to think otherwise. I wanted to see him not act like he has been acting which is say whatever he wants because he is retiring.
He needs a filter now. The numerous references to Trump behavior was just pure stupid.
It's not a lose a lose. I wanted optimism today from JB going forward. That PC was not optisism it was JB listing off grievances and stuff on his mind.

The Oklahoma/Texas stuff was him patting himself on the back.
Comparing our current situation with the roster to the 2002 season was not smart. Nobody is expecting a Final Four or NC next season.

All I wanted was a rational confident JB. He was petty and Trump like without a filter.
This isn't a strawman. Again I wanted to feel reassured. Maybe in a couple months we all will be but this PC didn't do it.
It for me was thin skinned I am going to say whatever I want JB.

Maybe if you turned your hyper-sensitivity dial down a few clicks things like the Trump reference wouldn't bother you so much.

He did take this opportunity to call out some writers who were putting out pure bullshxt. Like JB forced this to happen. And JB isn't involved in recruiting. I don't know whether that is thin-skinned or if it is being straight-forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom