Presser at 3 today | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Presser at 3 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 sides to a kid leaving.. A side is will he get better and get drafted higher, B side is will he get better and not really change his draft status or it will go down.

we seem to more often had the B side.. Its the systems fault they keep drafting kids that more than likely wont help them.. The fact that staying cant get you better to get drafted higher just points out how hard it is to get there and stay there

" all i do is walk and talk a lot "
This has to be the greatest quote and current representation of our current head coach. laughed out loud when he said that. That's exactly all I thought he did and he reassured me perfectly.

Would you rather they come out telling everyone how screwed the program is?
No. I'd rather they not have a press conference at all. When you have nothing good to say it's better to lay low.

I like our recruits and I'm sure I'll love them when they start wearing orange.

I don't like the GIGANTIC hole that continues at PG. I don't like not having more and better guard recruits. I don't like having a big hole at SF and with perimeter shooting. I don't like how our recruiting has become focused on zone players that aren't far from campus. Etc, etc, etc...

We haven't been terrible, we went to the final four last year, and we were the last team left out of the tourney last year, things could be a lot worse, like next year, the bubble days are going to look pretty good.

That's why I said "outside our amazing run last march." But 63-47 since we were 25-0 is objectively horrible. It is a horrible record for a program of our stature and it likely isn't going to get better soon. And after his PC, I have less faith that it will get back to where we all want it to be. I'm not upset about Hop, but our recruiting is terrible and instead of grabbing commits from 2018 and planting seeds for 2019, we're trying to shore up 2017. His failure to manage his lineup properly has put us two years behind in recruiting.

I think we should all be used to the lies and spin in these pressers by now. The biggest bombshell is that Frank, by god, just might return next year.
200.gif

My God, this forum is getting just as bad as Syracuse.com. Not even worth reading sometimes. People here with 20k plus posts and they just speak utter sky is falling nonsense and conspiracy theories with ZERO backup information. So much ignoring facts, and lacking basketball information. Not on a high horse, there are many more knowledgeable people here than me, but my God, some of you are ridiculous.

My God, this forum is getting just as bad as Syracuse.com. Not even worth reading sometimes. People here with 20k plus posts and they just speak utter sky is falling nonsense and conspiracy theories with ZERO backup information. So much ignoring facts, and lacking basketball information. Not on a high horse, there are many more knowledgeable people here than me, but my God, some of you are ridiculous.
I will engage in a reasonable debate with you.
Did you listen to PC?
I have been hard on JB but yesterday's news made me optimistic and I was circling the wagons behind him.
Then he began that PC by smartly giving love to Hop as a son. That was fine. Then he tried selling us on a flawed roster. He was better off just saying we will be fine. I am going to tweak the roster and we will be competitive as we always are. Instead he put unrealistic optimistic spin which isn't real.
Then he basically inferred the NIT season was better than teams who didn't make the NIT. Nobody cares about that.
He tried saying GMac was an established recruiter. No need to even say that when it's not true. It's stuff Trump does:
Again I was ready to be optimistic with JB uping his game but this PC scared me more.

What's ridiculous is going 55-40 over the past 3 regular seasons, getting embarrassed by St. John's, and losing 2 years in a row to floundering UConn and Georgetown teams.

If we didn't have that miraculous run last year, I'd say the last 3 years would have been the worst stretch in a long long time.

I will engage in a reasonable debate with you.
Did you listen to PC?
I have been hard on JB but yesterday's news made me optimistic and I was circling the wagons behind him.
Then he began that PC by smartly giving love to Hop as a son. That was fine. Then he tried selling us on a flawed roster. He was better off just saying we will be fine. I am going to tweak the roster and we will be competitive as we always are. Instead he put unrealistic optimistic spin which isn't real.
Then he basically inferred the NIT season was better than teams who didn't make the NIT. Nobody cares about that.
He tried saying GMac was an established recruiter. No need to even say that when it's not true. It's stuff Trump does:
Again I was ready to be optimistic with JB uping his game but this PC scared me more.
People overcompensate and bully when they are insecure.

You were ok yesterday? I think we all know that isn't true.
What is the point of this post? If you want to take a shot okay. If you don't like my opinion sorry you disagree. Go get your shine box.

I'm confused as to why it's a bad thing that Frank will be back? A junior PG, or...? I'm glad we got HW, as I was patiently waiting for an offer to be made. But, right now Frank is the best we have, so not booting him out the door is a pleasant surprise. I guess only to me.

I really hope our hall of famer has another run in him. I seriously do. Imagine him retiring after cutting down the nets. It would be the best.

But that presser, to me, came off as another chance to go off script and use the forum to bash any doubters. I just don't think it shows well, it starts to make him look insecure, and he really shouldn't be.

I'm confused as to why it's a bad thing that Frank will be back? A junior PG, or...? I'm glad we got HW, as I was patiently waiting for an offer to be made. But, right now Frank is the best we have, so not booting him out the door is a pleasant surprise. I guess only to me.

I've tempered my expectations for Frank. A lot.

But we need bodies, I still maintain he's a good passer and a decent basketball player (though I've got my doubts if he's able to be a point guard), and as far as the locker room drama goes, there are often two parties liable in these disputes.

What's ridiculous is going 55-40 over the past 3 regular seasons, getting embarrassed by St. John's, and losing 2 years in a row to floundering UConn and Georgetown teams.

If we didn't have that miraculous run last year, I'd say the last 3 years would have been the worst stretch in a long long time.
You guys like to remove the Final Four run and the 25-0 start (I know that's outside of your 3-year window in this case) from your arguments. "Imagine if this would have happened, imagine if that would have happened."

I choose to focus on what actually happened. Gives me a lot less to complain about.

But that presser, to me, came off as another chance to go off script and use the forum to bash any doubters. I just don't think it shows well, it starts to make him look insecure, and he really shouldn't be.
A couple thousand people watched that presser. At least 98% of them are Syracuse fans.

You guys like to remove the Final Four run and the 25-0 start (I know that's outside of your 3-year window in this case) from your arguments. "Imagine if this would have happened, imagine if that would have happened."

I choose to focus on what actually happened. Gives me a lot less to complain about.
I don't discount the 25-0 start, but do you remember how that ended? We lost in the second round to Dayton in what was a home game for us in Buffalo. We struggled mightily down the stretch of that season.

The final four was great, but the rest of the year was bad.

JB: Since Saturday, both Autry and GMAC have been offered jobs at other schools.

(I assume he means as assistants).

Yeah, duh. Hopkins as a parting gift, gave them raises by offering them "jobs"

Hell, I wouldnt be all that surprised if Boeheim orchestrated it.

I don't discount the 25-0 start, but do you remember how that ended? We lost in the second round to Dayton in what was a home game for us in Buffalo. We struggled mightily down the stretch of that season.

The final four was great, but the rest of the year was bad.
My issue with the 25-0 start is that people like to say, "Since the 25-0 start, our record is..." It's ridiculous to cherry pick an argument that way. If you're not one of the people who does that, no worries.

The rest of last season wasn't bad. We won the Battle 4 Atlantis. We had a great win at Duke.

My issue with the 25-0 start is that people like to say, "Since the 25-0 start, our record is..." It's ridiculous to cherry pick an argument that way. If you're not one of the people who does that, no worries.

The rest of last season wasn't bad. We won the Battle 4 Atlantis. We had a great win at Duke.

SU was .500 in the league and lost 13 or 14 games. That's a bad season for Syracuse. In fact, while I don't take his word as gospel, Boeheim just used the word 'bad' to describe it.

SU was .500 in the league and lost 13 or 14 games. That's a bad season for Syracuse. In fact, while I don't take his word as gospel, Boeheim just used the word 'bad' to describe it.
Was winning the Battle 4 Atlantis (including beating UConn) bad? Was beating Duke at Cameron bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom